• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg: Trump Doesn’t Have Recordings of Conversations With Comey, Source Says

Apdiddy

To me, since Sean Spicer said in a press conference that Donald Trump's Twitter account is the official word from Trump, shouldn't they get him for perjury (since he did take an oath to uphold the Constitution, he does behavior that is contrary to the Constitution and lied about it)?

But it has to be tapes or a BJ with these current crop of Republicans, I forgot.

Ac30

So... he's admitting to lying, via twitter?

He has to be in deep shit, there's no other reason why he'd do this

So Kushner grabbed Trumps phone when he was golfing and posted to twitter?

Probably bannon, here's some exclusive footage of trump being angry and not wanting to tweet:

MnEbddm.gif

"No I don't wanna, NOOOOOOOOOO MR BANNON LEAVE ME ALONE!"

studyguy

https://twitter.com/olivianuzzi/status/877934964150378496
Olivia Nuzzi (@Olivianuzzi)
I don't think you can report there are no tapes, based on the president's tweets. You can report he claims there aren't.

Still a sticking point, there might actually be something and we will likely never know. But this isn't the administration stating there are no tapes, just Trump stating there aren't any.

The issue is also the POTUS threatening the FBI director with tapes that according to him never existed. Not sure what looks worse tbh.

Zolo

Lord, I hope Sarah Huckabee Sander's the one giving the white house briefing. She's the idiot that said Trump's not a liar.

It'll just be played as Trump saying 'hope' and not knowing if there were tapes. That said, even Gingrich is saying he was lying.

Of course there are no tapes. Can we move along and get this lying sack of shit the fuck out of here please. Jesus Christ he's a national disaster!!!

I love how the defacto talking point for the Trump surrogates now is that his compulsive lying is "strategy". Every politician should go with that one from now on.

Am I missing something? I thought Trump only said that Comey better hope that there aren't tapes, which is far from saying that there are tapes. If he said that he better hope that tapes of the conversation don't come out then that would be implying that Trump believed that there were tapes, but I never read anything that implied Trump had tapes of the conversations. I can't stand Trump at all and think the scare tactic was stupid, but I don't see this as a contradiction unlike many of his other statements.

Mahonay

Banned
I love how the defacto talking point for the Trump surrogates now is that his compulsive lying is "strategy". Every politician should go with that one from now on.
They are going with the "it's just 4D Chess!" angle that's been on the internet ever since Trump came to power.

Mahonay

Banned
Someone mind telling me what the tweet says? I can't use Twitter.
@realDonaldTrump
With all of the recently reported electronic surveillance, intercepts, unmasking and illegal leaking of information, I have no idea...

@realDonaldTrump
...whether there are "tapes" or recordings of my conversations with James Comey, but I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings.

dochuge

And in other news, water is wet. The guy is full of bluster and shit. Did anyone believe him on this one? In fact what should people believe that comes out of his mouth?

As far as I am concerned, unless Trump testifies in front of the speical committee, Trump has just proven Comey's testimony.

Trump I dare you to testify.

Top Bottom