• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BREXIT MAFIA | Pro-Having Our Lynch And Pro-Eating It

hqrXH.gif

Let's kick this pig, gorlak why should I vote for Flame?

Flame why should I vote for gorlak?

I'm leaning flame, but really want to see the case made either way.

*mechanics talk: arkham asylum had a similar mechanic, so did danganronpa 1. Not unheard of.

Kalor

Thoughts on the nin lynch?

Looking at it now I feel like it was pointless. We didn't learn anything from it beyond confirming that he was an ordinary which was obvious once he came clean. It was just an easy lynch for people to get behind and not need to think too much about it.

Thoughts on the nin lynch?

I figured that he would've been a vanilla townie, if not scum, since he made little effort to defend himself. We could've done much worse and nin wasn't all that helpful anyways.

Unfortunately, I don't think lynching him really provided us with anything substantial, which is why this scenario brought upon us today is actually really fortunately timed.

Fireblend

Banned
Just Gorlak and Flame?

Imfinewiththis.jpg

Leaning towards Flame but I feel like I can be very easily swayed on the topic, even by myself once I get around to reading through both players' posts. Not that there are many of those.

Ourobolus

Banned
Am I the the only one who's actually really upset we lynched an innocent person :(.

I assume someone is going to tell me why it's okay and why we shouldn't be upset because <x>, but there's just something emotionally unsettling about being so cold, even if it's just playing through sheer logical strategy.

Also these vote restrictions are confusing but after I get home from work I'll go back and look at the past posts and try to figure out who to vote for.

I think we learned a good amount from it actually, but I'll wait for everyone else to chime in.

*Splinter

Looking at it now I feel like it was pointless. We didn't learn anything from it beyond confirming that he was an ordinary which was obvious once he came clean. It was just an easy lynch for people to get behind and not need to think too much about it.

I figured that he would've been a vanilla townie, if not scum, since he made little effort to defend himself. We could've done much worse and nin wasn't all that helpful anyways.

Unfortunately, I don't think lynching him really provided us with anything substantial, which is why this scenario brought upon us today is actually really fortunately timed.
Where were these posts yesterday?

Fireblend

Banned
Yeah no, nin was a lynch that needed to happen. Tell yourself those who weren't vanilla already at least now know vanilla townies are all named the same if you need to. Nin made a bad play and got lynched for it like it needed to happen. Not lynching him would have made him a bigger scum asset than he already was in the long run.

Ourobolus

Banned
Yeah no, nin was a lynch that needed to happen. Tell yourself those who weren't vanilla already at least now know vanilla townies are all named the same if you need to. Nin made a bad play and got lynched for it like it needed to happen. Not lynching him would have made him a bigger scum asset than he already was in the long run.
Why didn't you vote for him then

Ourobolus

Banned
can we talk about the motivations of whoever produced a standoff between gorlak and flame
Flame has survived quite a bit and I'll be honest I'd love to see his flip.

Gorlak has been...here. So yeah, I can see it.

I'd really be surprised if this is a scum power that did the thunder dome, but I suppose it's possible in cabot's twisted brain.

Ourobolus

Banned
Well CCS hasn't shown up, but:

Pre-typed post! (10:14AM PDT)

All right, so here's what's up:

I was pretty sure nin was town, but we had to un-muddy the waters. And, I think that lynch was good for information. Here's what I think happened.

Scum, knowing that nin was town, was going to take the totally noble stance that "Uhhhh I think nin is town I don't wanna lynch him, so I'm gonna vote elsewhere." I'm also positive that they are going to come in today and say "see, I told you so!"

We should be looking at those people (this is not inclusive, as I think some of the others genuinely are town not wanting to lynch nin, but these are the ones I want to focus on):

CCS
Fuck it, still not convinced he's not scum.

VOTE: Spoiled Milk

Kalor
Neither of these lynches are scum but I can't see someone else getting pushed into the lead at this point.

Vote: Flame_AC

I'll go with Flame as he has a better chance of being lynched than Crab at this point. Knowing his alignment could help clear up that day 1 vote.

Fireblend (did not vote for nin despite saying this)
I'd rather lynch nin first than Ouro, but ultimately from the looks of things they're both gonna get lynched so yeah, I'd rather get another day worth of Ouro contributing than nin being either a non-entity or scummy as hell.

Flame_AC (what the fuck was this vote):
Vote: CCS

That said, I'm sure there's at least one scum on the vote train on nin, and my money is on either Crab or Kawl.

Added: I was going to vote for CCS here, but apparently that's not gonna fly today :(

Well CCS hasn't shown up, but:

Pre-typed post! (10:14AM PDT)

All right, so here's what's up:

I was pretty sure nin was town, but we had to un-muddy the waters. And, I think that lynch was good for information. Here's what I think happened.

Scum, knowing that nin was town, was going to take the totally noble stance that "Uhhhh I think nin is town I don't wanna lynch him, so I'm gonna vote elsewhere." I'm also positive that they are going to come in today and say "see, I told you so!"

We should be looking at those people (this is not inclusive, as I think some of the others genuinely are town not wanting to lynch nin, but these are the ones I want to focus on):

CCS

Kalor

Fireblend (did not vote for nin despite saying this)

Flame_AC (what the fuck was this vote):

That said, I'm sure there's at least one scum on the vote train on nin, and my money is on either Crab or Kawl.

Added: I was going to vote for CCS here, but apparently that's not gonna fly today :(
I agree with you on CCS but I want to volunteer in the interest of fairness that I also said the same thing twice. First when I said I was uneasy about lynching nin, and the second time when I replied to Crab's call for last minute pitches.

Fake edit: ok I also missed that paragraph

Ourobolus

Banned
Super curious what happened last night. That's like a 1/12 chance of getting it right, or scum targeting a BP/Commuter.

Don't claim or tell us if you did anything, it's just impressive

Flame_AC

Checking in.

I've been in two thunderdomes in two straight games now.

I would have pushed for a CCS lynch today as I really didn't like their end of day vote (stares at self in mirror). I feel like CCS' vote was just an attempt to stay off the nin bandwagon for when they flipped townie, like they wanted the ability to say 'oh that lynch wasnt my fault'. By voting Spoiled Milk, I feel like CCS threw away all of the progress of the previous day and just went back to day one habits in a clear thrown vote. I was about to vote for Nin, but this time I refreshed the page before I voted and saw CCS' thing and changed it to them. I'm sure though that my two consecutive days of playing bad/last second votes are the reason I'm in this thunderdome now though.

Flame_AC

I don't really get why the dome is just between Gorlak and I, whoever created it had to have known that I'd be looking really bad already coming off previous days, so throwing me into the dome is in some ways signing my death warrant. At the very least we got pretty lucky/skilled during the night so that's nice I suppose.

Would it be in town's best interest for me to just get my roleclaim out there now so it's not just dangled over the course of the next couple of days?

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't really get why the dome is just between Gorlak and I, whoever created it had to have known that I'd be looking really bad already coming off previous days, so throwing me into the dome is in some ways signing my death warrant. At the very least we got pretty lucky/skilled during the night so that's nice I suppose.

Would it be in town's best interest for me to just get my roleclaim out there now so it's not just dangled over the course of the next couple of days?

tbf if it was my power I'd probably use it on you too, since this at least forces town to figure you out since you've somehow been a main point of discussion the past days yet somehow always escape.

Doesn't immediately mean you're scum, but still.

As for the roleclaim...honestly probably for the best cause of the thunderdome. If it's Town/Town it's super shitty, but we'll just have to deal with that.

Flame_AC

tbf if it was my power I'd probably use it on you too, since this at least forces town to figure you out since you've somehow been a main point of discussion the past days yet somehow always escape.

Doesn't immediately mean you're scum, but still.

As for the roleclaim...honestly probably for the best cause of the thunderdome. If it's Town/Town it's super shitty, but we'll just have to deal with that.

I guess that makes sense, someone must have been annoyed I kept squeaking out. Though, I wasn't super in the running to be lynched on Day 2 so... (more just a side show)

Fireblend

Banned
It's on me to not have voted for nin by day's end, but I did want him lynched and I said as much yesterday. Dunno how it'd make sense for me to defend his lynch even after he flipped town and not just join the people calling it a mistake if I was scum - I'm definitely in no position to say "I told you so" to anyone - Nin had to go and I said as much. Regardless, that's getting a bit ahead of myself. I feel like there's a high chance to hit scum today; both Gorlak and Flame I've mentioned before as good lynch candidates for me. Props to whoever setup the thunderdome.

Kawl_USC

Super curious what happened last night. That's like a 1/12 chance of getting it right, or scum targeting a BP/Commuter.

Don't claim or tell us if you did anything, it's just impressive

yo this strikes me as scummy as fuck ouro

why harp on this a second time, even with a don't claim disclaimer

Ourobolus

Banned
To clarify: I'm not in a rush to know what happened. If someone claims on like D6 or I die and find out in the spec thread or after the game ends, that's fine too.

Ourobolus

Banned
What's with the change from saying I was in your blind spot yesterday, so you would depend on other people to point to a scum!Kawl?

You're still in my blind spot. I don't have an actual definitive read on it. I'm saying that if you or Crab are scum, you know how scummy it looks to not be on that lynch train with the reasoning I posted about above.

Kawl_USC

can we talk about the motivations of whoever produced a standoff between gorlak and flame

What do you think?

So there's three game states that should be considered:

town power (which I would argue is negative utility as the most likely outcome is tvt and basically forces the players reads onto town's lynch *cough*notthatthateverhappensingafia*cough*)
neutral (which I would argue points towards the neutral party being involved in the thunderdome and having to survive to win)
scum (which seems....odd. seems op if they could choose two town people. seems under powered if they have to include a scum member as one of the two).

I think I'm most likely leaning towards it being neutral?

But, I think that if you are town and this was a result of your role (and you don't have other abilities/some kind of JOAT role) you should come forward.

Any thoughts, Ouro?

Ourobolus

Banned
Town power seems most likely. It's negative utility like an override is - it's not ALWAYS negative utility, but the chances are high that it turns out that way, especially early on.

Neutral...maybe. Seems like an odd win condition, what you proposed.

Scum...I mean I suppose it could be, but if it was a scum power it would be much more useful late game.

Gonna go with town.

Kawl_USC

I agree with you on CCS but I want to volunteer in the interest of fairness that I also said the same thing twice. First when I said I was uneasy about lynching nin, and the second time when I replied to Crab's call for last minute pitches.

Fake edit: ok I also missed that paragraph

I town read this post pretty hard until I saw that it was 30 minutes after the splinter and ouro exchange.

How does it come off to you, Splinter/Ouro?

Ourobolus

Banned
I town read this post pretty hard until I saw that it was 30 minutes after the splinter and ouro exchange.

How does it come off to you, Splinter/Ouro?

I still read it as Town. I've never known Milk to actually read the thread completely before posting

Kawl_USC

Town power seems most likely. It's negative utility like an override is - it's not ALWAYS negative utility, but the chances are high that it turns out that way, especially early on.

Neutral...maybe. Seems like an odd win condition, what you proposed.

Scum...I mean I suppose it could be, but if it was a scum power it would be much more useful late game.

Gonna go with town.

Thoughts on the thunderdomer coming forward?

What do you think?
I thought it might be a scum role but I can't think of a variation on it that's fair at all. Neutral is possible but most likely town pr that's meant to be a kind of vigilante with cassandra complex. Or whatever.

What Ouro said. I saw his post and wanted to respond. Then I saw what splinter* saw and oopsed.

DAY 3 CURRENT VOTE TALLY:

Flame_AC (2)
Ourobolus 861
Spoiled Milk 867

No active vote for Day 3: *Splinter, backslashbunny, CCS, Crab, Fireblend, Flame_AC, Gorlak, Kalor, Kawl_USC, kingkitty, Poltergust, zeemumu, Zippedpinhead

Day 3 Postcount: *Splinter 4, backslashbunny 1, CCS 0, Crab 0, Fireblend 4, Flame_AC 4, Gorlak 0, Kalor 4, Kawl_USC 5, kingkitty 2, Ourobolus 18, Poltergust 4, Spoiled Milk 4, zeemumu 0, Zippedpinhead 1

Day 3 ends:
blu_1497027600.png

Automated vote tally here

8 votes for majority

Thunderdome's gotta be someone who voted for flame yesterday and felt ripped off. He should claim now if he's a 1-off so we know who not to lynch, investigate, etc.

CCS

Banned
Power has to be town.

It's also kind of impressive how hard Ouro is trying to get everything I do to be a scum tell.

Top Bottom