• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Sora_N

What happened with Amiibos?

The squid sisters are sold out everywhere except Toys R Us, is that my only chance to buy them?

I was hoping for a sale first, and also I hate TRU since I worked there 5-6 years ago. Argh. :/

Says out of stock at all my nearest stores. I'm going to the mall anyways so I'll check out that EB.

Best of luck! Amiibo fever is done, so it hopefully shouldn't be too hard to find the sisters.

In other amiibo topics, I still can't believe haven't heard anything else about the Cloud, Corrin, and Bayo amiibos D:

Immortal

Neo Member
so I take it amiibos have kinda died? ive been out of things for a while but thats what it looks like. Is anything still rare at all?

i-Jest

so I take it amiibos have kinda died? ive been out of things for a while but thats what it looks like. Is anything still rare at all?

Rare, no. Not often seen in stores, at this point, is where we're at now. Callie and Marie might be a bit sought after now, depending on local stock levels, but that's all I can think of. Even then, most people bought what they've wanted by now, save for a few stranglers. You can easily find them online at Amazon. They won't be going for scalper prices now but they won't be going for official retail prices either.

The hype is dead and most have moved on. At this point I think we're all just waiting for Bayonetta, Cloud, and Corrin to complete the Smash line.

Anth0ny

seems like it, which is good for us that aren't hypebeasts and just buying them because it's the hot, popular thing.

however, once those pokemon amiibo drop, I have a feeling the phenomenon will be back.

Immortal

Neo Member
seems like it, which is good for us that aren't hypebeasts and just buying them because it's the hot, popular thing.

however, once those pokemon amiibo drop, I have a feeling the phenomenon will be back.

I was never a true hypebeast but the hype/rarity did encourage me to buy some that I definitely wouldn't have otherwise which kinda sucks. Unfortunately stuck with a bunch more than I wanted to be.

still want cloud and that glow in the dark boo pretty bad though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Where the hell is Bayonetta! Dammit it's a goddamn amiibo not the goddamn NX you don't have to hide it Nintendo dammit!

explodet

My next amiibo preorder hunt will be for the Wind Waker Link/Zelda two pack, and Poochy.

Not holding my breath for the Smash stragglers.

Wait, shit, what if the lack of the final Smash amiibo announcement is due to Nintendo re-releasing Smash on NX with new fighters? That would mean a potential new wave of Smashmiibo D:

RaidenXZ

So just to confirm, were the pre orders for the new Zelda ones a mistake being put up? Or did I totally miss out on my chance for those OOT and WW amiibos lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
So just to confirm, were the pre orders for the new Zelda ones a mistake being put up? Or did I totally miss out on my chance for those OOT and WW amiibos lol
They weren't a mistake and you only missed them on Amazon. BB and EB haven't put them up yet.

Top Bottom