• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian PoliGAF - 42nd Parliament: Sunny Ways in Trudeaupia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how brad wall feels about this recent poll.
http://www.mainstreetresearch.ca/wall-approval-falls-budget-disapproval/

The Sask Party may be wiped out of Regina in 2020 if they continue to poll around 35% there.

I think it's likely the Sask NDP could win around 25 seats in the next election if this trend continues. Since it's impossible to form a minority government right now in Saskatchewan unless the Sask Liberals are revived as a political party if the Sask Party loses their majority they will lose the next election.

I bet Wall is wishing that he'd made the jump to federal politics right about now.

The federal NDP are doing ridiculously well in Ottawa-Vanier right now.And I love all the people using the calgary byelection results to declare how doomed the AB NDP are in 2019.

By-elections almost never mean anything, and that goes double when neither of the two main opposition parties have permanent leaders.

I will say, though, "ridiculously well" is an awfully generous way of putting it. The NDP couldn't even crack 30% when they had a third party working on their behalf (an act of questionable legality) in a riding with a heavy concentration of students. Considering how poorly they performed everywhere else -- they didn't even crack 10% in any of the other 4 ridings, finishing behind the Greens in Saint-Laurent and only 100 votes ahead of a "PC Party" candidate in Markham-Thornhill -- to the extent that any party really lost last night (which no one did, because these were by-elections two and a half years out from the next election), I'd say it was the NDP.

mo60

I bet Wall is wishing that he'd made the jump to federal politics right about now.

By-elections almost never mean anything, and that goes double when neither of the two main opposition parties have permanent leaders.

I will say, though, "ridiculously well" is an awfully generous way of putting it. The NDP couldn't even crack 30% when they had a third party working on their behalf (an act of questionable legality) in a riding with a heavy concentration of students. Considering how poorly they performed everywhere else -- they didn't even crack 10% in any of the other 4 ridings, finishing behind the Greens in Saint-Laurent and only 100 votes ahead of a "PC Party" candidate in Markham-Thornhill -- to the extent that any party really lost last night (which no one did, because these were by-elections two and a half years out from the next election), I'd say it was the NDP.

I thought the conservatives would do better then they did in Ottawa-Vanier. One thing the Ottawa-vanier result can tell is in ridings similar to Ottawa-Vanier the federal NDP may be a threat to the Liberals in 2019 if they campaign they same way they did in that riding during the byelection. It also helps to run a decent candidate. And I don't know if Brad wall is going to ditch his premier job before the next provincial election in Saskatchewan election or if he will go down with the ship if it looks likely the Sask Party will lose the next provincial election.

CazTGG

Lynn Beyak is no longer on the Aboriginals Committee. Maybe she and Meredith will be the first senators to be removed from the Senate?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Bet O'Leary will win. Their hate of Trudeau will push them to elect him.

CazTGG

O'Leary is highly divisive to conservatives (in addition to winning the first ballot, he's the candidate least likely to gain support down the ballot), something that doesn't benefit him or Leitch when there's no chance of either winning 50% of the ballot on the first round. It's not impossible for it to happen, but it's less likely than it initially seems in comparison to Scheer, Bernier and other candidates more likely to be a 2nd or 3rd choice on one's ballot.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Found a new gift for gutter.

Commemorative talking portrait doll speaks historic phrases in Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's own voice! Fully poseable, with custom doll stand.

147KA50.png
http://www.bradfordexchange.ca/products/126338001_justin-trudeau-talking-portrait-doll.html

stormer

Hi guys - I just stumbled across this thread. I'm not very big into Canadian politics - but wondering how most feel about trudeau?

I've had over heard numerous conversations with people changing their tune with him. Basically they think he is an incompetent prime minister and has done very little to help the economy. Including one person saying he is sacrificing the future and throwing money away. Wondering has he done anything impactful in his term so far? Once again I'm not updated on Canadian politics so any feedback is appreciated.

thanks

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hi guys - I just stumbled across this thread. I'm not very big into Canadian politics - but wondering how most feel about trudeau?

I've had over heard numerous conversations with people changing their tune with him. Basically they think he is an incompetent prime minister and has done very little to help the economy. Including one person saying he is sacrificing the future and throwing money away. Wondering has he done anything impactful in his term so far? Once again I'm not updated on Canadian politics so any feedback is appreciated.

thanks
I think it's like Obama. The only people disappointed in him are "leftist extremists" (Layton bros??) like me, and the only people who really hate him never gave him a chance anyway. lol

mo60

Alison redford a former premier of Alberta gave her thoughts on the unite the right movement and jason kenney recently that they probably won't like. I don't like her much but her thoughts on this topic are exactly what I expected her to say.

Here are two of the questions asked in that interview.

Q: What do you make of Jason Kenney as the leader of the party you once led?

A: I was very proud to be the last elected Progressive Conservative leader in Alberta. The party, after I left it, made choices in terms of the direction it wanted to take and we'll see if Albertans think that those are the right choices. I don't believe that that's a direction that Albertans are comfortable with — but that's their choice.

Q: Do you think the unite-the-right movement is a good idea?

A: We see that come and go and it's always a cycle. Certainly, 15 years ago or so, it worked at a federal level. I don't know if it'll work at a provincial level. I'm not even close enough to know what the leaders are thinking or saying about it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/alison-redford-tobaccogate-pc-party-reflection-1.4056323

Sean C

Lynn Beyak is no longer on the Aboriginals Committee. Maybe she and Meredith will be the first senators to be removed from the Senate?
Beyak's statements, while disagreeable, don't amount to something that should warrant forcible removal from the Senate. That would set an unfavourable precedent.

I doubt that people who think he's throwing money away and sacrificing our future were ever supporters.

Anyway, the government's been fine so far, I think. They haven't lived up to the sky-high standards they ran on, which to some extent was inevitable (on electoral reform, I have no idea whether their initial pledge was purely cynical or if they really had no idea what they wanted to do, but that's been their biggest mistake in terms of how they handled it), and I find they're often deliberative to the point of paralysis, but most of their actual policies I find well-considered once implemented.

thanks

Eh, he's so so. He's definitely not the best, but he's not the worst either. Just somewhere in between. He's done good things, especially on Student Loans and Infrastructure and soon to be Marijuana... he's also done some terrible things like dropping Electoral Reform or seeming corrupt like when his cabinet and him tried to tank a Genetic non-discrimination bill after meeting with people from the insurance industry or through his Cash for Access scandals.

In general though the complaint of him throwing money away is mostly baseless. Yes he's ballooning spending 3x more than what he originally said he would spend (30b instead of 10b), but as long as those go towards things we need such as Public Transit, other social Infrastructure and finally fixing the hot water advisories it won't have been for naught.

As a youth I know that if I was stuck paying for decisions of the past generation, I would rather be paying for them being reckless building out Public Transit and Internet Infrastructure than I would be if it was spent repaving a stretch of road twice a year

Anecdotal, but a politics friend/mentor of mine was personal friends with Kenney. He doesnt like him as person anymore and I wont go into details but he essentially believes Kenny has bad character.

To the dude above on asking about Trudeau. He is unremarkable but he did create a pretty knowledgable cabinet and is very decentralized which is nice.

lupinko

Trudeau is fine so far, the only real scratch so far is the abandoning of election reform, but he's done good on his other promises so far, like refugees, throwing out C-24, legalization of weed making headway and etc...

Also he's getting more pipelines built now than Harper could in a decade of rule.

That's not necessarily a plus to some but to resource export dependent provinces that's big.

It's not all black and white, it's gray you know.

CazTGG

thanks

People who talk about him damaging the economy are either willfully ignorant of the damage the Harper government made (i.e. the massive increase in the deficit & debt, the poor response to the recession that has lead to a monumentally slow recovery) or are just looking to sustain their hatred of Pierre Elliott for his economic record by regurgitating similar talking points onto his son, to the point where i've heard people suggest that the reason Pierre's handling economic affairs involved taking advice from his son. In addition to what's already been mentioned, whatever faults one may find with CETA, it will prove to be a beneficial agreement for businesses once it goes into effect and his legalization of recreational marijuana will open up a good amount of jobs over the coming years. It's still too early to say how Justin will be compared to other Prime Ministers in terms of his economic policies (we've yet to discuss NAFTA with Agent Orange), but he's off to a decent start so far. I find more faults with him backing away from electoral reform and the, thus far, inexcusable lack of attention given to the indigenous Canadians and the abysmal conditions they face than with his economic record thus far. Speaking of...

Beyak's statements, while disagreeable, don't amount to something that should warrant forcible removal from the Senate. That would set an unfavourable precedent.

"John Tory is doing a good job as mayor" is a disagreeable statement. "The cultural genocide of indigenous Canadians was well-intended" is not. It is an ignorant statement that will do nothing but breed ignorance and continue the government's apathetic treatment towards indigenous Canadians. The mere fact that she said this while serving on the committee is so horrifically uninformed and offensive that a resignation and apology for her inexcusable defense of one of the country's worst atrocities should be the very least asked of her. Morever, Lynn has made several other inflammatory statements like her transphobic remarks made during the reading of C-16 that she should be held accountable for. Her being removed from the committee does nothing to absolve her of the defense she mounted for residential schools in any capacity.

New poll for the CPC leadership: O'Leary is still the first-ballot choice for a lot of people but O'Toole and Scheer are catching up to him and Bernier: http://ipolitics.ca/2017/04/05/oleary-leads-some-otoole-momentum-mainstreet-poll/

The key numbers:

O'Leary 23.6
Bernier 16.4
Scheer 13.1
O'Toole 9.9
Leitch 8.9

Meanwhile, O'Leary's last-choice number is 30%, which is about 2.5 times higher than the next least-liked candidate (Leitch, at 13). That's why this:

...is still relatively unlikely. I don't see how he makes the jump from less than 25% to 50%+1, particularly when a third of the party members say they're not voting for him. He needs to win over supporters of other candidates as their 2nd/3rd/4th/5th choice, and apart from Raitt (whose support for him was pretty qualified), all those other candidates have been pretty steadfast in their stance that he'd be a terrible leader. Admittedly, I haven't seen the actual 2nd/3rd choice numbers, but from what I've heard those are all O'Toole, Scheer, Raitt and (bizarrely) Leitch.

Is there an update on who is the closest to the least-terrible/actual-chance-to-win nexus?

At this stage, I'd say it goes:

O'Toole (it seems like he'd have fit in with the old PCs)
Scheer (a blander, less exciting version of Harper, in that he's a social conservative who's vowed he wouldn't touch social issues)
Raitt (like O'Toole, but she's been a complete flop as a candidate)
Chong (he has his vocal diehards, but he's totally out of step with the party he wants to lead)
Obhrai (zero chance, but he's funny and his ideas aren't terrible)

After them, it's a mixture of people with insane financial ideas (Bernier being the obvious one, but Peterson is a flat tax proponent, which is nearly as bad), social conservatives (Trost & Lemieux), racists (Leitch and Blaney, and Alexander depending on how clueless he's being on any given day), total non-entities (Saxton), and O'Leary.

Honestly, in a field like this O'Leary is far from being the worst. He's a terrible businessman with all kinds of awful, unconstitutional ideas, and if you have a vote I'd say keep him off your ballot entirely just to be safe, but he's still better than at least half of those candidates.

"John Tory is doing a good job as mayor" is a disagreeable statement. "The cultural genocide of indigenous Canadians was well-intended" is not. It is an ignorant statement that will do nothing but breed ignorance and continue the government's apathetic treatment towards indigenous Canadians. The mere fact that she said this while serving on the committee is so horrifically uninformed and offensive that a resignation and apology for her inexcusable defense of one of the country's worst atrocities should be the very least asked of her. Morever, Lynn has made several other inflammatory statements like her transphobic remarks made during the reading of C-16 that she should be held accountable for. Her being removed from the committee does nothing to absolve her of the defense she mounted for residential schools in any capacity.

I get what you're saying, and I agree that what she said was part of a pattern of awful statements dribbling out of her mouth. But I'd still be really leery of the PM (or anyone else) having the power to remove a sitting senator for saying something stupid, since that'd open the door to future PMs removing other senators they find politically objectionable -- and would you want someone like Kevin O'Leary to have that power? It would set a really bad precedent, particularly when the Constitution is very clear about the removal process for sitting senators.

imBask

Banned
The only thing that irks me is the "particularly when a third of the party members say they're not voting for him"... people say a lot of things before they actually get to vote

i'm seeing what you're saying, i'm understanding it, but i'm still worried and I still have this gut feeling

maharg

idspispopd
Without second/third choices last choice is meaningless. O'Leary absolutely still has a shot. If his negative were over 50% then he'd be screwed.

Awful people with bad negatives win ranked ballots all the time. I'm really not sure where this idea they don't comes from. Usually it helps if people are actually dropping out, which they weren't for this one, but it still happens.

Ondore

I'm pretty sure Chong could be convinced to cross the floor, but it'd be kind of hard to walk back all the lines in his emails about how Trudeau is ruining the country.

CazTGG

I'm pretty sure Chong could be convinced to cross the floor, but it'd be kind of hard to walk back all the lines in his emails about how Trudeau is ruining the country.

When the leader of your party could be Trump-Lite 1 or Trump-Lite 2, I imagine it is more palatable to admit one's mistakes and cross over a la Stronach (another Tory who was more socially forward than most of the CPC members and went to the LPC, albeit for different reasons than Chong might) than have to constantly decry every horrible thing either one has said or done, even if Chong is much further to the right on economic policies than most MPs in the Liberal Party. He certainly fits the qualifications for a Red Tory.

The only thing that irks me is the "particularly when a third of the party members say they're not voting for him"... people say a lot of things before they actually get to vote

i'm seeing what you're saying, i'm understanding it, but i'm still worried and I still have this gut feeling

I get your point, and we just had an illustration of it in the US, with all the Republicans saying "Never Trump!"...and then turning around and voting Trump in November.

The difference is that this is still the equivalent of the GOP primary. I imagine most of the CPCers saying "Never O'Leary" now would fall in line by 2019 if he were to win, but right now, while there are still 13 other Conservatives on the ballot against him, there's less incentive for them to fall in line.

Without second/third choices last choice is meaningless. O'Leary absolutely still has a shot. If his negative were over 50% then he'd be screwed.

Awful people with bad negatives win ranked ballots all the time. I'm really not sure where this idea they don't comes from. Usually it helps if people are actually dropping out, which they weren't for this one, but it still happens.

I haven't seen the Mainstreet/iPolitics numbers firsthand, so take this for what it's worth, but I've never heard anyone say that O'Leary is their second or third choice -- he's always either first or not even an option, and allegedly that's reflected in this poll's second and third choice numbers. Not even Leitch is getting that same treatment, and she comes off as a much more divisive candidate.

Like I said, I just don't see where O'Leary gains enough support to go from sub-25% to 50%+1. People like O'Toole and Scheer do it by being fallback candidates for everyone else; someone like Leitch does it by hoping that, deep down, CPC members are like Trump voters who wouldn't admit how they were voting to pollsters (plus she draws from the other candidates who've been dog-whistling almost as loudly). O'Leary doesn't have a huge built-in constituency, and he only brought in about 35k new members (if he's telling the truth) -- a good-sized number, but for comparison, Trudeau's campaign signed up 135k new Liberal supporters in 2013, which swamped the existing membership numbers and guaranteed him a victory (though he'd probably have won even without them, of course). Even if no one else had signed up new members, O'Leary only grew the CPC by about 25-30%, which isn't enough. He has virtually no institutional support from caucus, and his leadership team is made up of people who don't exactly represent the Conservative Party as it stands in 2016.

I'm not saying there's no chance it happens, but I'll be very surprised if it does.

mo60

The wildrose has recently joined the GSA debate and they keep on flip flopping their position on GSA's. Brian Jean doesn't think children's parents should know if they are in a GSA now but he has changed his position three times this week. Another Wildrose MLA decided to state his opinion on the topic of GSA's yesterday in the Alberta legislature in a member statement. That MLA's member statement focuses on other issues to.

Link
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...rental-notification-on-gsas-1.4059690?cmp=rss

Dr.Acula

Banned
Trudeau statement on Syria:

http://pm.gc.ca/eng/news/2017/04/07/statement-prime-minister-canada-us-strikes-syria

Ottawa, Ontario
April 7, 2017

The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, issued the following statement today on U.S. strikes in Syria:

“Canada fully supports the United States’ limited and focused action to degrade the Assad regime’s ability to launch chemical weapons attacks against innocent civilians, including many children. President Assad’s use of chemical weapons and the crimes the Syrian regime has committed against its own people cannot be ignored. These gruesome attacks cannot be permitted to continue with impunity.

“This week’s attack in southern Idlib and the suffering of Syrians is a war crime and is unacceptable. Canada condemns all uses of chemical weapons.

“Canada will continue to support diplomatic efforts to resolve the crisis in Syria.”

Sean C

This has its own thread, but the banknote design for the 150th anniversary $10 bill has been revealed.

I'd never heard of James Gladstone (the first indigenous senator) before, but they picked a good cross-section of four people for the bill (Sir John A. and Sir George-Etienne Cartier, representing the two linguistic groups among the Fathers of Confederation; Agnes Macphail, the first woman parliamentarian, and Gladstone).

Maybe they should consider putting multiple people on the currency going forward, as this design shows it's easy to make room for it.

CazTGG

This has its own thread, but the banknote design for the 150th anniversary $10 bill has been revealed.

I'd never heard of James Gladstone (the first indigenous senator) before, but they picked a good cross-section of four people for the bill (Sir John A. and Sir George-Etienne Cartier, representing the two linguistic groups among the Fathers of Confederation; Agnes Macphail, the first woman parliamentarian, and Gladstone).

Maybe they should consider putting multiple people on the currency going forward, as this design shows it's easy to make room for it.

It certainly looks nice, they should put together a bill specifically for the Famous Five and the Three Wise Men if they plan on doing more of these group designs.

CazTGG

I'm well aware of the complicated (read: white feminism, countless racist, anti-immigrant statements) legacy left by the Famous Five, they were simply the first group of Canadians to come to mind along with the Three Wise Men and the Fathers of Confederation. I will admit I wasn't aware they already did a banknote of them, however.

EDIT: I should perhaps have expanded my thoughts prior to posting. The Famous Five and the Person's Case helped paved the way for women, including women of color, to be a greater part of Canadian politics on all levels of government (I am aware of Macphail being elected to Parliament before the Person's Case however the right for a woman to run for political office was, at the time, not guaranteed on all levels of government and not in all provinces, not to mention the right to vote) in addition to representing a massive step forward for women's rights in Canada due to them now being considered people under the law that would later be expanded upon with the right to vote for women in all provinces, the decriminalization and legalization of abortion and so on. At the same time, the individual members, the ones we know their thoughts on minorities, immigration, eugenics, what legislation they supported, etc. were abhorrent back then and remain indefensible to this day. It's understandably concerning that celebrating the case with these women on our currency could lead to the normalization, if not, seen as an outright endorsement of their racist, backwards views. I have similar difficulty with reconciling Mackenzie King's accomplishments, namely the introduction of social welfare in Canada, with the Chinese Immigration Act, his admiration for and praise of Adolf Hitler, his interment of Japanese Canadians during World War II that lasted until 1949, among other abhorrent decisions made during his time as Prime Minister that make me uneasy about him being on Canadian currency. However, that doesn't mean the accomplishments themselves that both made are not worth celebrating (which as the article pointed out, we have done several times for the Person's Case) nor should these people's views go unexamined given the impact their actions have left. We are still dealing with the consequences of residential schools roughly two decades after the last one closed and we will continue to have to work to resolve the underlying problems with how Canada views and treats Indigenous Canadians over the decades to come, just like we have to work on equality for women in Canada when it comes to issues like ensuring equal pay and right to one's autonomy.

I'm against Trudeau joining in on Trump's fuckery abroad

If the US decides to go to war to distract from the Putin Poutine investigations, Canada should not follow the US in their ditraction wars.

Justin should channel papa Pierre, said No when it was Viet-Nam

Channel Chrétien, said NO when it came to Iraq part 2

Just say NO to Trump's fuckery and don't join his stupid wars

Trump isn't a World Leader anyway

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
You guys are kidding right?

Canada isn't a world power. Rather, we have to worry about Russian landgrabs (well, territorial waters-grabs) in the Arctic and whether there's American recognition of the Northwest passage being Canadian internal waters.

You guys are kidding right?

Canada isn't a world power. Rather, we have to worry about Russian landgrabs (well, territorial waters-grabs) in the Arctic and whether there's American recognition of the Northwest passage being Canadian internal waters.

And lets be honest here, If we actually cared about about the arctic and about being a world power, we would have a much larger navy up there and as a result we wouldn't be at the whims of other countries telling us that the Northwest passage isn't Canadian Internal Waters. If we actually cared, we would have fixed our procurement issues decades ago.

orochi91

I'm against Trudeau joining in on Trump's fuckery abroad

If the US decides to go to war to distract from the Putin Poutine investigations, Canada should not follow the US in their ditraction wars.

Just say NO to Trump's fuckery and don't join his stupid wars

Trump isn't a World Leader anyway
Honestly, I feel that JT would have denounced the recent US missile strikes on Syria if Chemical Weapons hadn't been used by the Asaad regime.

The missle strikes were a direct response to the use of those chemical weapons, hence his support of that specific US bombardment.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The key numbers:

O'Leary 23.6
Bernier 16.4
Scheer 13.1
O'Toole 9.9
Leitch 8.9

Meanwhile, O'Leary's last-choice number is 30%, which is about 2.5 times higher than the next least-liked candidate (Leitch, at 13). That's why this:

...is still relatively unlikely. I don't see how he makes the jump from less than 25% to 50%+1, particularly when a third of the party members say they're not voting for him. He needs to win over supporters of other candidates as their 2nd/3rd/4th/5th choice, and apart from Raitt (whose support for him was pretty qualified), all those other candidates have been pretty steadfast in their stance that he'd be a terrible leader. Admittedly, I haven't seen the actual 2nd/3rd choice numbers, but from what I've heard those are all O'Toole, Scheer, Raitt and (bizarrely) Leitch.

In the end their desire to beat Trudeau will lead them to support him anyway. Same happened with Trump.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
And lets be honest here, If we actually cared about about the arctic and about being a world power, we would have a much larger navy up there and as a result we wouldn't be at the whims of other countries telling us that the Northwest passage isn't Canadian Internal Waters. If we actually cared, we would have fixed our procurement issues decades ago.

Exactly, it's pointless to overstate Canada's importance on the world stage. Best to lay low as a country. It's a good thing that Denmark and the US make for pleasant neighbours for Canada... because Russia does not.

Did you start using the internet like yesterday?

I'm aware that Gutter_Trash has a distorted view of reality especially where the federal Liberals are concerned. I would not be surprised if people are overstating the importance of Canada ITT and being serious at the same time.

Canada is a fantastic place, but it's a very small player in anything other than resources, despite its size.

Canada is a very small beacon on a very large stage.

lupinko

Anyway real talk, Canada does need a bigger military, and not for warmongering but for many other reasons:

1) Canada is simply too large
2) cannot rely on the US / NATO anymore and in general forever
3) a bigger military would also allow for speedier and better skilled and equipped first responders, such as the most recent horrific Fort McMurray fires. The JDF pretty much does this whenever a natural disaster hits and they're quite good at it.
4) Canadian Forces need more support, I don't like how our brave men and women get mocked at, and I'm not even talking about foreigners doing that, the self deprecation is high among Canadians, tho self deprecating humour is a Canadian standard
5) reinforces our role as Global Peacekeepers

The military didn't get bigger under Harper, he cut them too, all he did was talk big and try to pick fights with Putin because he knew Obama had his back. I understood why Chretien and Martin cut the military, mainly because like many government programs, lots of things had to go in order to turn Canada around from becoming a present day Greece before present day Greece became a thing. Trudeau and Sajan want a leaner and more efficient CF, while I do agree with it to some extent, that kinda reminds me of what Rumsfeld used to say although that doesn't really apply to our situation.

Also it creates more jobs, although there were a lot of shenanigans when Harper and his cons commissioned those bloated Canadian built navy ships.

Reminds me of Glenn Clark and the BCNDP's awful and expensive notso fast ferries.

That's just my two cents on the matter.

CazTGG

I'm against Trudeau joining in on Drumpf's fuckery abroad

Just say NO to Drumpf's fuckery and don't join his stupid wars

Drumpf isn't a World Leader anyway

Is the part where you two break up?

I agree they should stay out of military affairs for the time being and especially stay away from the possibility of normalizing Trump's abhorrent behavior.

Real talk: Has Justin Trudeau ever publicly condemned a single thing Trump has said or done, be it before or after Trump was elected? I don't mean the subtle digs he's made at him i.e. the photo of his father and Trump being taken at a place where his father gave a speech against isolationism, #WelcometoCanada, his approval of the Women's March in Canada, taking his daughter to a Broadway show that was all about welcoming immigrants, etc., I mean a statement outright condemning Donald for something he's said and done. However much I enjoy seeing and hearing of these, for lack of a better phrase, moments of distilled trolling, it's disheartening to see a lack of disapproval for the Muslim bans and Trump's continuous plans to undermine science and women's health.

Exactly, it's pointless to overstate Canada's importance on the world stage. Best to lay low as a country. It's a good thing that Denmark and the US make for pleasant neighbours for Canada... because Russia does not.

0mw1I8e.gif

lupinko

Is the part where you two break up?

I agree they should stay out of military affairs for the time being and especially stay away from the possibility of normalizing Trump's abhorrent behavior.

Real talk: Has Justin Trudeau ever publicly condemned a single thing Trump has said or done, be it before or after Trump was elected?

0mw1I8e.gif

Only indirect comments so far iirc.

Honestly, I feel that JT would have denounced the recent US missile strikes on Syria if Chemical Weapons hadn't been used by the Asaad regime.

The missle strikes were a direct response to the use of those chemical weapons, hence his support of that specific US bombardment.
and were randomly inefective since Ass-ad had his MIGs fly out of that same air base to next day to continue their bombing of Holmes

I don't like Assd, I also don't like terror linked Sunni rebels either. Syria is a quagmire .

Sean C

Real talk: Has Justin Trudeau ever publicly condemned a single thing Trump has said or done, be it before or after Trump was elected? I don't mean the subtle digs he's made at him i.e. the photo of his father and Trump being taken at a place where his father gave a speech against isolationism, #WelcometoCanada, his approval of the Women's March in Canada, taking his daughter to a Broadway show that was all about welcoming immigrants, etc., I mean a statement outright condemning Donald for something he's said and done. However much I enjoy seeing and hearing of these, for lack of a better phrase, moments of distilled trolling, it's disheartening to see a lack of disapproval for the Muslim bans and Trump's continuous plans to undermine science and women's health.
No Canadian PM is ever going to say stuff like that when the country's economic wellbeing depends on Trump not rocking the boat too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom