• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: More School Costumes heading to Street Fighter V 06/27 [Ibuki, Nash, R. Mika]

Nephtes

1) Not everything is about you, motherfucker
2) I've switched mains in nearly every version of SF (including from using Ibuki in SF4)
3) This thread is about costumes, holy fuck man

I've made several mentions to costumes on this thread.
Right there on the first page complaining that Ibuki's default costume already is a school uniform... And my bewilderment that there's still no Karin school uniform despite that being her default in the SF Alpha series...

I know it's hard to look past my critical statements against Capcom and their decision making processes for SFV since they're admittedly very compelling... But I promise with few exceptions, I have made sure to drop mention of SFV costumes in this thread.

Also, the Nash school uniform looks awesome, just not on him.

Neoxon

I mean yeah, the costumes look cool (& it's nice to have an official Mika costume without her mask), but Urien has been itching for more costumes.

RRockman

Banned
It's costumes man, just roll with it.

M.Bison had a costume in USF4 where he looked like the villain in a Tony Jaa movie .

I don't think it's a problem, It looks great. I did want to see Charlie in a dress shirt and blazer though. I thought it would have been funny :p

Except I already went through that in the transition from SSFII to SFIII when Chun Li was no where to be found in the initial release. And after switching to Ibuki, who would want to go back?
No one should have to go main shopping twice in one life time...

ly1WFGk.gif

Where is Sakura

"We are all Sakura" - SF V's female cast

Ibuki didn't need another schoolgirl's outfit. Nash actually looks pretty good. Mika's costume is hot. I would have preferred Ibuki in her casual clothes from SFIV.

Shin

Banned
Damn release a package with all the costumes ever released in the game.
I don't feel to buy the game and not have certain outfits, that shit is just lame.

Neoxon

We'll probably get a big nostalgia costume dump in August to commemorate the series' 30th anniversary, with SFII Balrog and Vega, Alpha Chun-Li and Cammy, SFIII Alex and Ibuki, and so on.
SFIV Juri & SFI Ryu, perhaps?

Ryce

SFIV Juri & SFI Ryu, perhaps?
Juri seems likely, but Ryu's SFI look is too similar to his story costume. He just has shoes and slightly different hair.

TP3gGlz.jpg

I think it would be kind of cool if Balrog got a Mike cosplay costume and Vega got a Geki one. Ed could even get a Joe costume -- they're both blonde American kickboxers partnered with Mike Tyson knockoffs, and Ed's standing HK looks a lot like Joe's kick.

lhx1gwD.jpg

Gren

Ed could even get a Joe costume -- they're both blonde American kickboxers partnered with Mike Tyson knockoffs, and Ed's standing HK looks lot like Joe's kick.

That's brilliant. I like the uniform well enough, but I'd drop it in a second for open bomber jacket + red pants + spikey hair.

jett

D-Member
We'll probably get a big nostalgia costume dump in August to commemorate the series' 30th anniversary, with SFII Balrog and Vega, Alpha Chun-Li and Cammy, SFIII Alex and Ibuki, and so on.

My prediction is we get jackshit.

RM8

Bleh. Why do people like school uniforms so much? After having to wear one back in school I had enough if them for a lifetime.

LakeEarth

Unless I missed an announcement, Balrog, Birdie, Dhalsim, FANG, Guile, Bison, Rashid and Urien STILL don't have an alternate premium costume beyond the first one. Come on Capcom, some of these are fairly popular characters online.

Unless I missed an announcement, Balrog, Birdie, Dhalsim, FANG, Guile, Bison, Rashid and Urien STILL don't have an alternate premium costume beyond the first one. Come on Capcom, some of these are fairly popular characters online.

The DLC Costumes and Characters are the life blood of this game. If Capcom is even making money off this game anymore I bet they are losing money supporting it at this point. Straight up those characters won't sell costumes like the one's they are focusing on. Maybe if the game would have sold more in general we would have been getting more costumes for everyone. Guile will be getting one though due to Knuckle Du winning Capcom Cup, It'll be part of the CPT 2017 bundle unless he chose a different character to give the costume to.

Village

It's comedy because Ibuki is better in SFV than she ever was (maybe even better than AE Ibuki?), but everybody is acting like she's dead.

Being better doesn't matter to me, being fun to play matters. Ibuki is lucky she isn't juri

Juri is bad, has a bad moveset and isn't that fun to play.

I think FANG is better than ibuki FANG!

Let's be real, nobody has any nostalgia for Birdie.

There are quite a few people who came out the wood work who didn't like fat birdie. I didn't know people cared about birdie to even care he was fat now.

kunonabi

Alpha Birdie was dope, chill

Damn right he was. I waited so long for him to make a return and they just had to muck it with his terrible new design. It's a shame because I like how he plays in SFV for the most part but I'm not playing as that fat pig.

Top Bottom