• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War - First impressions (Full review embargo lifts Apr 13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just KNEW this movie would be something really special. It has all the right ingredients. Beyond hyped to watch it! Now I just need to avoid all threads/info about this till I watch it...

chronos86

0T0Emwb.png

I keep reading this and I still can't figure out what it means. So he didn't like it?

Zackat

A good Spidey and T'Challa (who I just started really reading about in the comics). This is so fucking great. God damn.

so the real question is how much did marvel pay for all of this, I mean come on

So is the pig like, a new Traveller's Tales running gag or something? Because it was all over Jurassic World, lol

I keep reading this and I still can't figure out what it means. So he didn't like it?

More like he's saying Civil War is all like: "Yo, BvS, we see what you're doing... And it's shit. Lemme show you how it's done."

I just KNEW this movie would be something really special. It has all the right ingredients. Beyond hyped to watch it! Now I just need to avoid all threads/info about this till I watch it...

I just can't believe it works. I kind of still don't until I actually see it.

Cap fighting Tony. Introducing Black Panther/Wakanda AND setting up Peter Parker/Spidey. Baron Zemo in the background. All the other characters.

HOW THE FUCK DOES IT WORK?

icespide

Banned
"Spider-Man is both the best & most expendable part of Civil War. I want to see more of him & movie never recovers from him leaving it" @jimvjvoda

Joeytj

Banned
"Spider-Man is both the best & most expendable part of Civil War. I want to see more of him & movie never recovers from him leaving it" @jimvjvoda

Oh shit. This is good? Bad? He leaves it at what point?!

How am I going to survive the next three weeks!?!?!

icespide

Banned
"Zemo is another wasted Marvel villain whose scheme is, while not as crazy as Lex's, isn't much more coherent or less convoluted" @jimvejvoda

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm glad people like Ant-Man, hopefully that means he's in there a lot.

Scott is mah boi

Sober

I'm a little apprehensive that a movie that is basically almost Avengers 2.5 could be better/bigger in scale than Winter Soldier but still more personal, which is something which has always failed to work in the team-up movies. I mean by all accounts CA:CW looks like someone decided to piggyback on the movie and make another superhero teamup film.

So now I'm curious as to how CA:CW executes it. Consider me intrigued now.

Our first tepid response, I think (IGN)

https://twitter.com/JimVejvoda/status/718687014300860416

@JimVejvoda
I have to admit it. Captain America: Civil War a letdown after the high of Winter Soldier. It's a better, smarter version of BvS.

Zemo is another wasted Marvel villain whose scheme is, while not as crazy as Lex's, isn't much more coherent or less convoluted

Spider-Man is both the best & most expendable part of Civil War. I want to see more of him & movie never recovers from him leaving it

Big airport brawl is great fun & Civil War sort of limps to the finish line after that. Panther is very cool. Want to see more of him too

But then, it's IGN which isn't really known for esteemed film critique. Still, it's a review.

Oh thank god this movie might be great.

Spider-Man and Black Panther being amazing makes me sooooooo stoked to see this.

EDIT- I can totally see the problems in the IGN impressions being true for me though, although Marvel's movies aren't usually very villain focused so that's not a huge deal if he sucks.

Nokterian

8V1dwOW.jpg

good lord I didn't think it was possible for me to be more hyped for this new spidey

Justice to Spiderman after those last 2 horrible movies. Can't wait to see this movie and those brothers know how to make a great marvel movie since Winter Soldier is still my favorite.

Kalentan

Damn. You know this is still crazy that this is a thing. Like really, how many of us when we saw Iron Man thought that it would lead to this? Like even when Avengers happened you weren't really sure it would reach this point.

Kind of fanboying here, but it's crazy... bravo Marvel. Like there's been some missteps and such but still...

alba

Little is the new Big
Hype levels through the effing roof right now. T'Challa being the best character along Spider Man makes me giddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom