• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casual Madden PS4 league openings

SUSPENSION NOTICE: The Patriots MUST sit Tom Brady for the next two games for violating the 4th down rule in the 1st quarter of their game against the Colts and can return to action week 5

SUSPENSION NOTICE: These teams and associated players will be suspended for the next two weeks for violating the 4th down rule. Pay attention to the rules guys. They're there for a reason

Packers: Aaron Rodgers
Saints: Drew Brees
Raiders: Derek Carr
Rams: Randall Cobb
Chiefs: Jamaal Charles

All the players listed above must be removed from the depth chart for two games.

Fixed1979

That's a lot of suspensions!

Did the 4th down rule get revised at some point? It appears to be really cut and dry, but based on what's written, I wouldn't be able to go for it on say a 4th and 3 at any point regardless of the situation (ex: down by a TD with 2 minutes left from your own 35). I can't imagine it was intended that way?

- 4th down rule: You must not go for it on 4th down unless you're in a 4th and inches situation. You are not allowed to go for it on 4th on your side of the field unless losing in the 4th quarter. If you are up by two touchdowns or more you are NOT ALLOWED to go for it on 4th down unless it's in a 4th and inches situation. Otherwise you must punt the ball. Please try and limit going for it on 4th to a max of 3 times per game unless you're the person losing in the 4th Qtr.

That's a lot of suspensions!

Did the 4th down rule get revised at some point? It appears to be really cut and dry, but based on what's written, I wouldn't be able to go for it on say a 4th and 3 at any point regardless of the situation (ex: down by a TD with 2 minutes left from your own 35). I can't imagine it was intended that way?

It says you can go for it for anywhere in the 4th as long as you are losing.

Fixed1979

It says you can go for it for anywhere in the 4th as long as you are losing.

Yeah, but the first sentence (You must not go for it on 4th down unless you're in a 4th and inches situation.) appears to be all encompassing meaning you need to be in 4th and inches regardless of the situation. Like I said I'm sure that's not the intent, it's just written that way.

ShaneB

Not going to split hairs, but I went for it on what I thought was going to be my last drive of the game in a tie game... and then promptly cursed on Twitch when it was a failed attempt. =/

*shrug*

SUSPENSION NOTICE: The Raiders will be put on auto for the week QB Carr returns from suspension for breaking the unsportsmanship rules running up the score in this past weeks game.

Being booted was pretty uncalled for and extreme.

Especially considering it wasn't even my issue, it was another player who I was sticking up for, due to him possibly being suspended and handicapped till week 6. I wasn't the only one who thought the call for running up the score was questionable, and the 4th down rule had already caused issues in my Jets game with the Jets unable to score or make attempts to come back due to the wind and being in no mans land.

Which was my main issue with the fourth down rule, that no mans land forced him to punt only 20 yards and give me nearly same field position, while he had to sacrafice his drive with little field change.

Well guys I was originally going to leave this in the OP but decided it better I don't. As you guys know I have removed the Patriots owner and his brother the Niners owner from our league lastnight. This has been a built up process from them questioning every issue (minor and not so major) treading the line on game play, to the constant mocking, backhanded slights, and trolling on GroupMe which has stopped numerous members in our league from participating in it due to their presence on there.

I try to run a league that's fair and balanced and there are rules that I've put in place to keep things that way. Looking for every grey area in the rules and making it a major issue every single day just has wore thin on me. The culture of our league was drastically changing and the fun we all had at the start has ultimately vanished. I understand some may not have liked what I've done or even think that it's a bit harsh but in reality I had to do what's best for our league. I didn't put this all together to be arguing over minor issues on a daily basis and/or dealing with any insults based on something I have decided to put together for you guys that just wanted a fun league to play in. I understand that not everyone will agree with the rules I've put in place which is fine. But there's a way to go about it that just wasn't done appropriately. I put up with it and grit my teeth for a while now and when I noticed that other members of our league, especially the most dedicated ones were losing interest and considering leaving because of the two parties I decided it was the best decision going forward.

I am always open to suggestion from league members as most know. I've labbed with some and even offered suggestions to improve gameplay to make them more competitive. I am thankful for all the supporting PM's which to me has assured me that I've made the right decision. For the negative ones please understand where I'm coming from and if you can't and feel this isn't the league for you anymore I totally understand. I didn't want things to turn out this way and it isn't what I envisioned when I first started this league. I want to apologize if I've ruined your experience in this league and hopefully now with the bulk of the problem gone from the league we can move forward as a group and make this league even more successful now and going forward. If you have any concerns pm me on here or on GroupMe.

Thanks guys

ShaneB

Sounds good to me. I'll certainly be hoping this league keeps continuing on in the NFL offseason, as that's when I'll certainly be wanting to play more football games. So it sounds like the right decision to me.

For those owners up for changing teams.... Please PM me on GroupMe so that I can work something out with you guys. I will be allowing owners to change teams during the extended Thanksgiving holiday for our league if they are up for a change of scenery. First come first serve. Current teams open are the Chargers, Seahawks and Niners.

hlhbk

SUSPENSION NOTICE: The Raiders will be put on auto for the week QB Carr returns from suspension for breaking the unsportsmanship rules running up the score in this past weeks game.

Bills when we advance to next week you play me but I will be on auto. You can play the game whenever you want. My request is you stream it so I can see what happens lol.

Top Bottom