• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CES : Video streaming of Sony and MS conferences [Concluded]

Empty

yikes at those kinect sales. hats off to ms though, i didn't think the product was interesting enough for that kind of start despite the marketing blitz.

see5harp

twinturbo2 said:
Honest to Based God, the only CES thing I'm interested in is Ford's unveiling of the Focus BEV. If it's a hatch, I'm interested. :D

MS isn't talking about hardcore games, right? Are they saving something like that for GDC?

Why would you think MS would have anything about hardcore gaming at CES? As a separate app you have to launch though, I think Avatar Kinect is probably going to get very little use.

apana

Did you notice the way he said crackdown? Anyways, 8 million, Sony should have planned a little more than Elvis dancers.

brotkasten said:
Holy shit.

dsc0078.jpg

seinfeldohno.gif

Actually, if you combine the cost of the Kinect hardware and the $500 mil marketing campaign, they're already well past their break-even point, which was the 5 mil units figure. Looks like they're just making nearly pure profit, less the production costs, on it now.

FAKE EDIT: Fable Coin golf? ... ... :lol :lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
offshore said:
Jesus Christ. 8 million.

"Accuracy" and "precision" doesn't seem so clever now does it, Sony.

It's never clever to make sure game's actually control well! Good games should always be shoved aside for gimmicks and novelty! Take note, shitty console manufacturers!

is how the comment reads

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm actually quite impressed by the variety of games on the platform, even though half of them are outdated (NFS, Assassin's Creed).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
rhfb said:
You act like this is the first time Silver members have been shafted :lol I'm used to it, and every other Silver member should be by now too.
No I know, and I'm Gold 99% of the time, but its bullshit on principle.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Did the Kinect 8 million thread get deleted? That's not legitimately huge news or what?

edit: nevermind, found it

see5harp

I think it's safe to say XBOX sold a ton in December. I broke my last controller during a particularly frustrating game of Risk Factions last week and found it hard to locate a controller. There isn't a single Target in Sacramento right now with the new controller with the d-pad.

EDIT: Lay off the coffee lady. Jesus.

Top Bottom