• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chris Rock surprises club w/ Amy Schumer, Seinfeld, Aziz Ansari, Dave Chapelle in NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
Jerry Seinfeld was performing at The Comedy Cellar in NYC. A bunch of famous friends in comedy were there that night, several of whom Chris Rock is assembling for a tour, and they all decided to jump in for a handful of jokes and make one big mega-set. The audience got one big comic after another pop up on stage unexpectedly. Dave Attel and more were present.

Rock, Schumer and Chappelle hit the stage - CNN
https://apple.news/AF3XkcjNySQmB2L2DC1E5rw
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fstory%2Fthumbnail%2F33470%2Fbb523a73-2124-4841-9a34-c7c05052ec03.jpg

Cagey

Banned
Comedy Cellar is the best place on earth for standup.

I've caught all of them save for Seinfeld dropping in for surprise sets individually, but all at once would be incredible.

Chappelle was back in 2010 and he went for two hours on a semi coherent kinda dark ramble with brilliance thrown in here and there.

Edit: Schumer was very good, Rock was good but uneven, and Aziz was trash. Attell ripped on him afterward when the normal lineup resumed.

Chris Rock, Amy Schumer, Seinfeld, Aziz Ansari, Dave Chapelle.

One's not like the other. What is that talentless hack Amy Schumer doing there? Or did she just come by?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Damn its probably just the shitty photo quality but Chris Rock is looking baby faced as Hell.

EhoaVash

lol for a second looking at chris rock, aziz i though this was a old picture of these guys together back in high school

Oppo

I wish someone had recorded this.

yeah, would be nice to see, but it's good that they didn't.

besides Chapelle was there. he probably brought his faraday-phonebag company.

you try shit like that in the Cellar and they will bounce you like a goddamn super ball off the CN Tower

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pretty awesome to see so many great and talented comedians in the same place at the same time. Kind of cool Amy Schumer coincidentally showed up too.

Wow, wish i was there...

How is Amy doing, by the way? Did she bounce back after that episode a year or so ago?
I think she's really funny.

New002

Comedy Cellar is the best place on earth for standup.

I've caught all of them save for Seinfeld dropping in for surprise sets individually, but all at once would be incredible.

Chappelle was back in 2010 and he went for two hours on a semi coherent kinda dark ramble with brilliance thrown in here and there.

Edit: Schumer was very good, Rock was good but uneven, and Aziz was trash. Attell ripped on him afterward when the normal lineup resumed.

I really, really wish I could hear both their sets lol

whytemyke

Honorary Canadian.
NO JEFF FOXWORTHY
NO LARRY THE CABLE GUY
NO GOOD

HMPH

kidding. as a comedy snob I'm quietly dying on the inside that someone got to experience that and it wasn't me. :(

DOWN

Banned
People hold shitty Schumer among the likes of Chapelle eh

Chris Rock, Amy Schumer, Seinfeld, Aziz Ansari, Dave Chapelle.

One's not like the other. What is that talentless hack Amy Schumer doing there? Or did she just come by?
Seriously? Her and Chris Rock collaborate often. They've become friends and he directed her HBO special. But yeah let's be edgy and say she sucks against consensus.

Nobody here said she's funny. Her only feature seems to be that she's friends with Chris Rock.

I'll go to bat for her. Her show is fucking hilarious, and I've mostly liked her stand-up. The only real thing she's done I didn't go for was Trainwreck.

I think she might just be one of those comedians not suited for a film career. It felt like she just wasn't "with it" for lack of a better term.

Bronx-Man

Banned
gross, who let a fucking woman into my comedy club

women aren't funny

people, this is scientifically proven

plus they have cooties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom