• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amagon

Wow, just wow! Nostalgia came back to me in full force hearing these songs live from ATDI after so many years. I'm about to shed a tear cause ATDI or more importantly, Relationship of Command was really a album that is part of my life that I grew and listen to all these years. It was nice too see everybody having a good time. Especially Jim Ward, give him a fucking medal of honor. I knew that Omar was a little bit down from his mothers death and Cedric's voice has mature after all these years but man. Its just nice to see these dude jam out again. I can't wait to see them live whenever they hit the East Coast.

:D

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Flo not going for the high notes on Cosmic Love. :(

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Flo is dressed up like she just left a Game of Thrones viewing party.

Cedric sounded like crap imo, and it seemed like they didn't want to be there or something. Pretty disappointing.

Wrong band? They were loving it...smiles galore from all of them.

I'll agree though, Cedric was a disappointment. Especially when going back and listening/watching old videos.

Amagon

Cedric sounded like crap imo, and it seemed like they didn't want to be there or something. Pretty disappointing.
Did you not see Jim, Paul, or Tony not having having a fun time. Tony was grinning his ass off the whole fucking time. I know Omar wasn't looking into it though it can be explain that his mother passed away recently could be a reason for his showmanship. Though, that man did smile a few times. And Cedric is crazy Cedric like usual cept his voice mature than what it was use to be back in the ATDI days. Gotta give him props to hear his voice hitting those high pitch notes at his age. Its amazing to say the least.

Farooq

Banned
basically that the industry is in the toilet and bands have to tour more to recoup recording costs

And that major labels focus group their music. Creating it for the customers, instead of artists creating what they want.

He also said that the reason the fashion industry moves forward is because they don't ask the customer what the customer wants. Fashion houses make whatever the fuck they want. Music labels and artists should do the same.

He also says because bands touring more, if you cannot perform live, you are fucked.

MMAli

Cedric's never been the most consistent singer, but I don't think he can really sing the ATDI songs like he could when he was younger. He still has the ability to perform live, as showcased by some stellar shows he had when TMV was touring last year.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This is what Cedric told a fan after said fan comment on Omar after a show in Austin.

@David13David actually asshole his mom just passed away so maybe playing a show is the last thing on his mind.

What the fan said.

@cedricbixler_ Omar can stay outside. He doesn't want to be there anyway

atdi and TMV have such different vocal styles i imagine it's just hard for him to go back to ATDI style (even if he could). it definitely sounded like ATDI with the lead singer of the mars volta

dvdjamm

Screw these boring interviews...Eliminate the interviews completely and show full sets of the acts...I can't wait to see if they pull off the Nate Dogg hologram during The Next Episode.

Sai-kun

Banned
Florence has been kinda mellow tonight. I think she has one of the best voices in music, and maybe she doesn't wanna strain herself or something, but most of the music off Ceremonials is just perfect for a festival setting, she needs to go nuts.

Agnostic

but believes in Chael
Screw these boring interviews...Eliminate the interviews completely and show full sets of the acts...I can't wait to see if they pull off the Nate Dogg hologram during The Next Episode.
There was rumor of a 2Pac hologram too. Has that rumor been denied?

Eminem was also rumored to make an appearance.

LiQuid!

Florence has been kinda mellow tonight. I think she has one of the best voices in music, and maybe she doesn't wanna strain herself or something, but most of the music off Ceremonials is just perfect for a festival setting, she needs to go nuts.

Yes totally. She is letting her fly girls do a lot of work for her on her choruses.

There was rumor of a 2Pac hologram too.

lol.gif
Can't f'kin wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom