• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

Explosion In The Sky = holy fuck, I could skydive to this shit :O

This is on some god-tier shit. Oh my goooodness!

This has honestly been one of the best live sets I've seen in my life.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Holy shit, Explosions in the Sky... Is this really live?!

laaame

Watching Black keys now but EITS (from the small preview screen) look like they are rocking the fuck out right now, geez..

I meant the explosion after the intro "can I scream?"

good to know they sound great. Can't wait for the stream.

Dennis was a showman the whole set and his vocals showed no signs of age, Jon steadily got more energetic eventually leading to him losing his shit "new noise" video style during the last song of the encore.

Sobriquet

Too bad you can't hear GYBE live tomorrow. They blow Explosions in the Sky out of the water. :)

Eh, they're totally different. I've seen them both live (EITS several times), and it's just completely different music and a completely different experience. They're both instrumental groups, that's it. They just both happen to fall under the gigantic "post rock" umbrella.

They are good, but you really only need one record from them.

The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place. ;)

laaame

I want my Little Black Submarine.

And you got it.

And I know they won't play Sister. No one likes that song except for me =(

Edit: They're play Moneymaker instead! Worst song on El Camino.

Edit 2: Ok I'm exaggerating a bit about Moneymaker. I just think it's generic compared to the rest of El Camino. Spur of the moment typing is bad.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Still listening to EitS. I guess I get the "all their songs sound the same" idea but holy shit is this good.

Redux

Banned
Is there some list where I can find out who plays on what channel and when?

Are you on YouTube? Says right underneath the video.

9:55 PM PT The Black Keys Channel 1
10:05 PM PT Explosions in the Sky Channel 2
10:05 PM PT Encore: Jimmy Cliff & Tim Armstrong Channel 3
10:50 PM PT The Black Angels Channel 3
11:20 PM PT M83 Channel 1
11:20 PM PT Refused Channel 2
11:45 PM PT Encore: Arctic Monkeys Channel 3
12:10 AM PT Amon Tobin Channel 2
12:25 AM PT Swedish House Mafia Channel 1

Soma

Really hoping M83 plays some older stuff from Dead Cities and Before The Dawn, even though I do like their newer stuff.

Gah, why do they have to play at the same time as Refused?

LiQuid!

I'm 99% sure that you've heard this song somewhere before. I heard it in a lotta comercials and can't understand how you've haven't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpaPBCBjSVc

You know, I left that 1% contingency in there in case I had heard a song of theirs in a commercial or something but nope never heard that one. I don't watch too much TV I guess.

Cool song though. Definitely going to check em out

Redux

Banned
The people camping out before the show are ridiculous.

Gary Clark Jr. needs to shut his whore mouth already.

Blackhead

Redarse
The people camping out before the show are ridiculous.

Gary Clark Jr. needs to shut his whore mouth already.

I've seen that same clip like 10 times already. Aight 'twas fun but time to leave. Should I stick around for Amon tobin or will the videos be available for playback later?

So yeah, I'm gonna watch refused... Also, I never want to hear Gary Clark talk again.

Streaming on and posting from my iPad, this thing is awesome.

Redux

Banned
I'm out also, 2am here. Good night.

Have you been to Coachella? It is a massive festival. I used to get there the moment camping opened and it was still a clusterfuck.

Can't say I have. Only actual music event I been to was at a bar in downtown Cleveland for when the Greenhornes came to town. I suck, I know.

LiQuid!

M83 already best thing ever.

What is up with that wacky looking martian thing from the Midnight City cover?

JCX

Excited for m83. Don't think anything will top Arcade Fire and Kanye from last year. Great performances from two of my favorites.

Hieberrr

Ah, I wish I could stay up! But it's 220AM here, so I'm gonna have to call it a night.

5 chapters of employment law and business law = DEATH.

Enjoy the event everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom