• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sobriquet

Seemed like it was the same setlist as last night at the Glass House

2lK9I.jpg

The Refused set was the exact same from last night's show, but holy shit did Jon go crazier last night at the glass house.

During Tannhauser dude was acting like they were re-creating the new noise video. Fists into his guitar, arms in the air flailing like he was being struck by lightning, it was insane. His strap almost fell off more than a couple times.

laaame

Never heard of Refused before but I can easily say I'm a fan now; best show of the day.

A good day overall. Yuck, Arctic Monkeys, Madness, Black keys, and Refused were awesome. M83 and Frank Ocean could of been better but still good.
I already know that I'm going to feel disgusted with myself as I know that I will be at my computer all weekend. Good night and see you all tomorrow.

i dont even know what kind of music is this?? dubstep? but that stage is amazing

I prefer his early Ninja Tunez stuff that was more hip hop/acid jazz. but yea, that stage. It blew my mind when he brought it to Asheville NC, and it appears that the set has gotten a good 50% bigger!

Sai-kun

Banned
I'm trying to stop myself from watching Amon. I'm saving myself for next week.

I don't know if I wanna see Amon or Datsik, though. GAF? :(

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Will there be a way to go back and listen to m83, also wtf @ youtube just cutting amon tobins set short. It was just getting good.

overcast

That stage is fucking insane. Is Neon Indian great live? I missed the performance.

Watching the ASAP performance tomorrow for sure.

Will there be a way to go back and listen to m83, also wtf @ youtube just cutting amon tobins set short. It was just getting good.

Yea, you missed the damn finale. :(

Not into the house stuff, so I guess its time to get some sleep. Goodnight all! It was fun hanging out. :D

Are the SHM actually doing anything? If all three of them can hold their hands in the air at the same time does it even count as a live performance?

Do Swedish House Mafia know what house is?

Yea, not sure what the big deal is either. Sounds like Moby circa 1993 with a better light show and a bit more bass.

And the actual "performers" don't see to be actually doing anything.

Guess I'm just getting old. :)

I'm trying to stop myself from watching Amon. I'm saving myself for next week.

I don't know if I wanna see Amon or Datsik, though. GAF? :(

Amon Tobin is retiring this light show/stage setup soon. I would go see it as it is a more impressive live performance.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
That stage is fucking insane. Is Neon Indian great live? I missed the performance.

He was pretty great live. A little soft spoken in parts but the music itself sounded amazing.

Sobriquet

That was a pretty short set from SHM.. They must have gotten tired from all that performing

Refused wins day 1 of Coachella, no contest.

D23

Not anymore.

Eh, they were good individually and with some of their side projects in the middle of the last decade. Now they're just lazy, cocky, and run of the mill. Fame went to their heads.

They're not. Famously.

wrong.. their one of the biggest acts in EDM right now!!

Welp, I'll be back for Miike Snow tomorrow. Peace y'all.

And holy shit Sunday night is fucking stacked from Justice to ATDI, non stop must-see acts.

zbeeb

m83 was one of the most amazing sets I've ever seen, I still cannot fathom how awesome they were

looking forward to Miike Snow tomorrow!

m83 was one of the most amazing sets I've ever seen, I still cannot fathom how awesome they were

looking forward to Miike Snow tomorrow!
The small amount of M83 I saw was fucking abysmal.. I'm listening to one of their albums right now just to get those live performances out of my head.

And I love M83, I'm just saying.

zbeeb

The small amount of M83 I saw was fucking abysmal.. I'm listening to one of their albums right now just to get those live performances out of my head.

And I love M83, I'm just saying.

Different strokes I guess, I wasn't that impressed with their albums so didn't have huge expectations.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Tomorrow's lineup is wack. I'd only watch St. Vincent and I've already seen her live. Sunday on the other hand, like 5 groups I want to see all in a row...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom