• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coachella 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Check out In Rainbows for sure! Ignore the rest though, horrible.

1 for 4 (since Kid A) doesn't seem like a great track record. Anybody know what the mix is of new stuff and old stuff they play at shows is? I'd love to hear some Bends/OKC era Radiohead but don't care much for the rest of their catalog.

kottila

Fuck. Just found out about this and missed the refused set. I see James are on one of the channels now and they were the first band of the day. are they rebroadcasting the entire day? will be a long days wait untill refused return then

Xrenity

1 for 4 (since Kid A) doesn't seem like a great track record. Anybody know what the mix is of new stuff and old stuff they play at shows is? I'd love to hear some Bends/OKC era Radiohead but don't care much for the rest of their catalog.
They've lately played lots of King of Limbs and In Rainbows and less stuff from their earlier work.

Like, 1 track from every record before that on average.

But really, their new stuff is brilliant too.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Fuck. Just found out about this and missed the refused set. I see James are on one of the channels now and they were the first band of the day. are they rebroadcasting the entire day? will be a long days wait untill refused return then

Yeah looks like you've got about 6 hours until it comes back on.

In the mean time watch Neon Indian!

Sealda

Banned
Watching Arctic Monkeys performance, when did they become douchebags?

Dude trying to sound like Bruce Springsteen with cockney accent in the middle talks.

kottila

Watching Arctic Monkeys performance, when did they become douchebags?

Dude trying to sound like Bruce Springsteen with cockney accent in the middle talks.

Didn't now that people in sheffield had cockney accents. Quite liked their set, nothing amazing, but they have a good collection of songs. Changed to madness now. Love their "retired British gangststers living in Marbella" look

mozfan12

Banned
Have the artic monkeys produced anything worth listening since their first two albums? Not talking smack, I actually wanna check out their newer stuff if its quality.

I really wish that the crappy weather remains for next week. Not much for sunny weather, though sundown performances at Coachella are beautiful.

kottila

Have the artic monkeys produced anything worth listening since their first two albums? Not talking smack, I actually wanna check out their newer stuff if its quality.

I really wish that the crappy weather remains for next week. Not much for sunny weather, though sundown performances at Coachella are beautiful.

Never really heard them either, just the singles. but there are enough good songs to make a nice gig out of them.

Madness covering Max Romeo! love it!

Pacbois

They really have changed their style with the 3rd album. It's more slow and heavy now. They're also playing some great ballads, especially with their last album.

Suck It and See
Don't Sit Down Cause I've Moved Your Chair
Crying Lighting

The only problem with them is that sometimes, they don't seem to care on stage. But when they're into in, they are amazing. Had the chance to see them in Paris in February, they were just fantastic, but I think it's mostly beacuause the gig was broadcasted live on their website...

The small amount of M83 I saw was fucking abysmal.. I'm listening to one of their albums right now just to get those live performances out of my head.

And I love M83, I'm just saying.

I agree with you totally. The sound was mixed poorly and the singers seemed slightly off key the entire time. A great set in terms of song choices, but really poor vocals last night.

Refused were amazing, and i've never liked any bands in that genre. And Refused is being rebroadcast now!

Justin

I am really excited for the Beirut and Fitz and the Tantrums streams tomorrow. I have seen Fitz live before and they put on a really fun show.

kottila

Fucked up. forgot the concert and went out for a kebab. Ran in to the computer when I suddenly remembered and now they're playing some moody EDM on that channel. RIP Refused concert. hopefully someone recorded it and will put it up somewhere

tm24

We would probably get along.
Would not doubt it. Was about 2 rows back from the front on the left side of the stage during the refused set. I was away from the pit, but the pit came to me. The crowd was so hyped up for him waiting to yell can I scream. As soon as it came, the entire crowd seemingly all pushed towards the front and lost their shit.

Fucked up. forgot the concert and went out for a kebab. Ran in to the computer when I suddenly remembered and now they're playing some moody EDM on that channel. RIP Refused concert. hopefully someone recorded it and will put it up somewhere
It will be up later today and they'll do it again next Friday, same time!

kottila

It will be up later today and they'll do it again next Friday, same time!

the only big thing left for me is at the drive in.

edit: I wished someone banned cell phones from concerts. Too many idiots concerned with tweeting and taping every second (shitty quality) instead of actually enjoying what's going on

Sealda

Banned
Didn't now that people in sheffield had cockney accents. Quite liked their set, nothing amazing, but they have a good collection of songs. Changed to madness now. Love their "retired British gangststers living in Marbella" look

I knew i would be dead wrong on the accent.

I think they are just keep getting better and better at their live performances. Although their 2 last albums have not really been groundbreaking more like, hard to place.

the only big thing left for me is at the drive in.

edit: I wished someone banned cell phones from concerts. Too many idiots concerned with tweeting and taping every second (shitty quality) instead of actually enjoying what's going on

THIS. I just about lost it on some girl when I saw m83. She waddled directly in front of me at the start of the show, then kept putting her phone in the air to take shitty pictures, record video, and text message everyone she knew. This went on for at least 30 minutes without a break. I eventually asked her to stop or to move off to the back of the room. She told me to fuck off.

Sigh.

J2d

Damnit I missed the rerun of Refused again thanks to work. Do they do put up the videos on demand later?

alphaNoid

Banned
I wanted to go this year but I'm budgeting like crazy. Fuck I'm old
KuGsj.gif

mozfan12

Banned
I'm going next weekend, and I'm seriously considering taking Saturday off (okay, not really seriously, but I'm trying to prove a point here dammit!).

Are you kidding me, Saturday is my favorite day of the lineup. Destroyer, Tuneyards, Buzzcocks, Jeff Magnum, Feist, St. Vincent, Flying Lotus, SBTRKT, and of course Radiohead. That is a fantastic lineup.

Even some of the early bands like the Black Lips, Azealia Banks, and Keep Shelly in Athens are worth checking out.

LiQuid!

Gambino's cool. There's a dude in the crowd dressed up as Human Being lol

laaame

The Greendale Human being in the Childish Gambino crowd? Nice!

Also is he playing new songs? Some of the songs I don't recongnize

LiQuid!

"I wanna fuck you!" from the CG crowd haha.

Man I never heard donglover cuss so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom