• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

Tell Spurrier, he's the one wearing a "Carolina" visor all the time. But fair enough, point being they're not talking about the Panthers.

Well, they like to think they're the true Carolina, and will probably point to beating UNC in football this year to stake their claim. Unfortunately, half a decade of football relevance does not trump a national basketball brand.

Well, they like to think they're the true Carolina, and will probably point to beating UNC in football this year to stake their claim. Unfortunately, half a decade of football relevance does not trump a national basketball brand.

Nah, "Carolina" is UNC, always will be. SCAR just wants to steal everybody's names. First USC, now UNC.

Draxal

...Rutgers starting redshirt frosh cb just left the program. We're fucked pencil in two losses to Houston and UCF now.

Enfinit

We'd have to be underdogs to take sod back to the cemetery. Aren't we favored at this point?
Technically by three, but I have a feeling Vegas is going to erase that come Saturday. Having not beaten Clemson in Death Valley since 2001, and 1-8 against Top 5 teams in the past decade, I'd be surprised if Vegas didn't flip-flop by the end of this week.

And because it's such a huge rivalry, they'll add it to the sod. Despite not being a statistical underdog, we're certainly a realistic one.

...Rutgers starting redshirt frosh cb just left the program. We're fucked pencil in two losses to Houston and UCF now.
No offense, but I was already counting those as losses.

And I just can't pick FSU to win on the road, even though the hope is slowly building up inside me that they will.

You gotta have more hope, man! We're back! FSU is back!

cashman

Banned
GAF Pick'em Week 8 Games

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 17
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 4
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 4
Florida @ Missouri by 7
Iowa @ Ohio State by 14
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 6
UCLA @ Stanford by 7
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 8
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 7
USC @ Notre Dame by 4
Florida State @ Clemson by 4

andycapps

Yeah but this is the SECSECSECSEC and we don't care about no roundbawwwwllll.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
My depression is reaching Zook era levels.
You should just drop by the bank and talk to ol' Ron. He might be able to cheer you up.

As an aside, was this posted: http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/05/jameis-winston-has-his-own-gold-chain-guy/

jameis-winston-has-someone-put-his-gold-chain-on-for-him.gif

If that image doesn't work, click here: http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpre...has-someone-put-his-gold-chain-on-for-him.gif

I just noticed the thread title. My life is now complete.

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 18
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 15
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 12
Florida @ Missouri by 8
Iowa @ Ohio State by 18
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 22
UCLA @ Stanford by 7
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 9
Duke @ Virginia by 10
Washington @ Arizona State by 12
USC @ Notre Dame by 8

mre

Don't underestimate Iowa. Their two losses happened versus two borderline top 25 teams, NIU and Michigan State (who probably should be ranked if teams like Auburn are ranked).

Coming off a bye week so 2 weeks of prep. I think ohio state is the best team in the nation but watch out.

Michigan State would be ranked if they hadn't choked against Notre Dame.

Don't underestimate Iowa. Their two losses happened versus two borderline top 25 teams, NIU and Michigan State (who probably should be ranked if teams like Auburn are ranked).

Coming off a bye week so 2 weeks of prep. I think ohio state is the best team in the nation but watch out.

Its Iowa the combined records of teams they beat are 6-19 4 of those wins coming from a bad Minnesota team., theyre only good once every 8 years, plus were coming off a bye and its at home. OSU by at LEAST 2 touchdowns. Kirk Ferentz is the most overpaid coach in the history of the sport, how the fuck does he still have a job?

cdyhybrid

Its Iowa the combined records of teams they beat are 6-19 4 of those wins coming from a bad Minnesota team., theyre only good once every 8 years, plus were coming off a bye and its at home. OSU by at LEAST 2 touchdowns. Kirk Ferentz is the most overpaid coach in the history of the sport, how the fuck does he still have a job?

Wasn't his contract set up so that he has some stupidly high buyout and they basically can't fire him?

Wasn't his contract set up so that he has some stupidly high buyout and they basically can't fire him?

More or less, but still Ferentz makes around $4 mil a year, making him the 6th highest paid coach (lol). His buyout I believe is $3mil a year through 2020, could pay a coach $500k a year and be just as productive AND save money.

AntoneM

Gat damn fake UW trolls and Scout forums:

I don't really understand all the Pat Tillman love in here. I keep seeing almost every member has a picture of him as their display pic.
Was he a hero or something? I just remember him getting killed by his own men and his family blaming the president for it.

mre

Why are we still ranked? We're not Top25 material. Realtalk. PEACE.
List of teams overrated in this weeks AP Poll:
Associated Press Top 25
1. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. Ohio State
5. Florida State
6. LSU
7. Texas A&M
8. Louisville
9. UCLA
10. Miami (Fla.)
11. South Carolina
12. Baylor
13. Stanford
14. Missouri
15. Georgia
16. Texas Tech
17. Fresno State
18. Oklahoma
19. Virginia Tech
20. Washington
21. Oklahoma State
22. Florida
23. Northern Illinois
24. Auburn
25. Wisconsin

Iowa's going to get killed. 4-2 right now, and I doubt they have even a 50-50 chance of reaching 6 wins. Next year is the year they go 10-2 and baseless Ferentz to the NFL rumors start up again (which is why he so overpaid now.)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
@KirkHerbstreit: Fair to say you have issues when you're watching UL Laf and Western Ky on a Tuesday pm.
:lol

reminded me that they actually played a game today.

desh

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 4
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 7
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 12
Florida @ Missouri by 8
Iowa @ Ohio State by 7
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 7
UCLA @ Stanford by 4
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 9
Duke @ Virginia by 10
USC @ Notre Dame by 4

andycapps

TTK, you putting up the scores before games kick off Friday? Or was it in the last thread? Wouldn't have happened if we had Yahoo, etc.

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 10
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 4
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 7
Florida @ Missouri by 4 (Only because Franklin is out)
Iowa @ Ohio State by 14
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 12
UCLA @ Stanford by 4
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 4
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 4
USC @ Notre Dame by 4

It's basically the same thing. Obsessions over out physical'ing everyone. Problem is that it's now the HC's philosophy instead of the OC's.

You're crazy if you don't think that was Meyer's philosophy too. Just look at 2009.

Plus the insanity that was Meyer un-quitting so he could coast for a year and let Addazio be the head coach with the hope of him ascending full time once Meyer quit again.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
you Florida guys gonna celebrate this weekend?

Farthest North ya'll have gone since 1991 (@ Syracuse)

----

Because I saw this while reading sbnation articles
punter_medium.gif

xeris

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 6
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 10
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 4
Florida @ Missouri by 5
Iowa @ Ohio State by 14
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 7
UCLA @ Stanford by 4
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 10
Duke @ Virginia by 4
USC @ Notre Dame by 14
Florida State @ Clemson by 7

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Going to Eugene this weekend. Can't wait... Want to visit Ninkasi and Oakshire.

Top Bottom