• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2013 |Week 8| The best X-loss teams in the nation

Big 10 2019 and 2018 shcedules out now:

2018 OSU Football Sched
TBA
Rut
at TCU
UNC
at PSU
Indiana
Minn
at Pur
Off
Neb
at MSU
at Maryland
Michigan

2019 Ohio State Football Schedule
TBA
Cincinnati
at Indiana
TCU
at Neb
MSU
Off
at Northwestern
Wisc
Off
Maryland
at Rut
PSU
at Michigan

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Big 10 2019 and 2018 shcedules out now:

2018 OSU Football Sched
TBA
Rut
at TCU
UNC
at PSU
Indiana
Minn
at Pur
Off
Neb
at MSU
at Maryland
Michigan

2019 Ohio State Football Schedule
TBA
Cincinnati
at Indiana
TCU
at Neb
MSU
Off
at Northwestern
Wisc
Off
Maryland
at Rut
PSU
at Michigan
BREAKING: OSU TO GO UNDEFEATED IN 2018 AND 2019.

yPJL0yx.gif

Haha!!

This is going to be used a ton.

andycapps

Looks close to UGA's schedule next year.

SECSECSEC

After this year, I'll take a cupcake schedule. Though we do have Clemson at home as one of our OOC games and of course Georgia Tech at the end of the year. That doesn't seem like too much of a cupcake schedule.

Florida's OOC games are Idaho, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Kentucky, and FSU. I think we have you beat on OOC, but your permanent cross division game with LSU makes your draw of Bama be pretty unlucky.

Official list of playoff Committee

College Football Playoff Announces Selection Committee

The members of the selection committee are:

• Jeff Long, vice chancellor and director of athletics, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, Chair
• Barry Alvarez, director of athletics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Lieutenant General Mike Gould, former superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy
• Pat Haden, director of athletics, University of Southern California
• Tom Jernstedt, former NCAA executive vice president
• Oliver Luck, director of athletics, West Virginia University
• Archie Manning, former University of Mississippi quarterback and all-pro NFL quarterback
• Tom Osborne, former head coach and director of athletics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
• Dan Radakovich, director of athletics, Clemson University
• Condoleezza Rice, Stanford University professor, former Stanford provost and former United States Secretary of State
• Mike Tranghese, former commissioner of the Big East Conference
• Steve Wieberg, former college football reporter, USA Today
• Tyrone Willingham, former head coach of three FBS institutions

mre

Hopefully he's still salty at ND for shitcanning him, so he'll make sure they're never in the playoff.
It's a good thing Lou Holtz didn't get put on the panel or the play offs each year would look like: Notre Dame, Arkansas, South Carolina, and (whatever school Skip is currently coaching at).

mre

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/story?id=9825420

Official link along with how they'll chose the teams, etc.

Edit: maybe the biggest bit of news:

CFB Playoff
Hancock+ @jefflongUA "injuries will be factored in. Teams change over the season" #CFBPlayoff
Oh for fuck's sake.

You know, now I kind of want (1) Manziel to come back for another year, (2) get injured in game one, (3) have TAMU lose 4 games while he's gone, (4) come back in game 8 and play all world, (5) have TAMU end up 8-4 with a win over LSU, and (6) have the committee vote TAMU into the playoffs.

Oh for fuck's sake.

You know, now I kind of want (1) Manziel to come back for another year, (2) get injured in game one, (3) have TAMU lose 4 games while he's gone, (4) come back in game 8 and play all world, (5) have TAMU end up 8-4 with a win over LSU, and (6) have the committee vote TAMU into the playoffs.

I could see an argument saying seeding should be influenced by injury, but teams should not dorp in or out due to injury. Welcome to the new cluster fuck!

andycapps

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/story?id=9825420

Official link along with how they'll chose the teams, etc.

Edit: maybe the biggest bit of news:

CFB Playoff
Hancock+ @jefflongUA "injuries will be factored in. Teams change over the season" #CFBPlayoff

Yeah right, it'll be close to the top four in the major polls. There might be an occasional exception if a team lost a key player and dropped a key game, but then finished strong after that player came back.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah right, it'll be close to the top four in the major polls. There might be an occasional exception if a team lost a key player and dropped a key game, but then finished strong after that player came back.

They already implied they won't go for the 4 best teams, but the teams that "deserve it"
So, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Louisville and Boise State/Utah, EVERY YEAR

Nobody should ever dorp, either in or out.

Saw info on David Cornwell's injury. He is out for the year, but should be fully back by Spring Practice at Alabama (if he fully decides to come here, and Alabama wants him).

Here's how he got injured:
The injury occurred on October 4 after Cornwell attempted to punt for his Norman North High School squad but had his punt blocked, leading to a scramble to grab the loose ball. In the ensuing chaos, Cornwell's right knee was injured.
Hire a lawyer and sue! You're a Quarterback, not a fricking kicker!

andycapps

They already implied they won't go for the 4 best teams, but the teams that "deserve it"
So, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Louisville and Boise State/Utah, EVERY YEAR

Among those people, you're going to have differences in opinion based on who deserves it. Either way, they have to create a top 4 in the group and will thus need rankings. Those rankings should be roughly similar to what currently exists.

Kevtones

Official list of playoff Committee

College Football Playoff Announces Selection Committee

The members of the selection committee are:

• Jeff Long, vice chancellor and director of athletics, University of Arkansas-Fayetteville, Chair
• Barry Alvarez, director of athletics, University of Wisconsin-Madison
• Lieutenant General Mike Gould, former superintendent of the United States Air Force Academy
• Pat Haden, director of athletics, University of Southern California
• Tom Jernstedt, former NCAA executive vice president
• Oliver Luck, director of athletics, West Virginia University
• Archie Manning, former University of Mississippi quarterback and all-pro NFL quarterback
• Tom Osborne, former head coach and director of athletics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
• Dan Radakovich, director of athletics, Clemson University
• Condoleezza Rice, Stanford University professor, former Stanford provost and former United States Secretary of State
• Mike Tranghese, former commissioner of the Big East Conference
• Steve Wieberg, former college football reporter, USA Today
• Tyrone Willingham, former head coach of three FBS institutions

Nice western representation. It also ensures that UW and Notre Dame will never win anything ever.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Virginia Tech would agree. How many pre-season injuries did they have before achieving their current 6-1 record.

Man, forgot that they had half their team suspended/injured/kicked off/arrested/abducted. Seems like forever ago.

Oh for fuck's sake.

I could see an argument saying seeding should be influenced by injury, but teams should not dorp in or out due to injury. Welcome to the new cluster fuck!

HOPEFULLY it just means that if you lost a game where you were missing one or several key components, the loss won't necessarily be held against you. Fans and pollsters would seem to do that already from time to time. Your scenario is funny though, mre, I had much the same initial thought. :)

Schmitty

(FRI) UCF @ Louisville by 14
Texas Tech @ West Virginia by 10
TCU @ Oklahoma State by 7
Florida @ Missouri by 6
Iowa @ Ohio State by14
Auburn @ Texas A&M by 10
UCLA @ Stanford by 7
Maryland @ Wake Forest by 4
Duke @ Virginia by 4
Washington @ Arizona State by 8
USC @ Notre Dame by 4
Florida State @ Clemson by 6

bachikarn

You're crazy if you don't think that was Meyer's philosophy too. Just look at 2009.

Plus the insanity that was Meyer un-quitting so he could coast for a year and let Addazio be the head coach with the hope of him ascending full time once Meyer quit again.

Eh. We had a finesse component for most years. In 2009, we tried to be more of an option team because that's what Addazio was more familiar with.

Draxal

Yeah, I was kind of meh until I got to that point, and then I just wondered how he got on the list. Why?? In case anyone forgot, his record as a head coach was 76–88–1.

Mike Tranghese, commissioner of a basketball/football hybrid conference that forced every but one original football member (Temple who actually got kicked out and got back in); to find a new conference and choose a new conference name.

Tyrone is Bear Bryant X Vince Lombardi compared to this clown.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
JA64yYg.jpg

They even got the stubble!

Chance I ask for this for Christmas - 0%
Chance somebody buys me one anyway - 100%.

JA64yYg.jpg

They even got the stubble!

Chance I ask for this for Christmas - 0%
Chance somebody buys me one anyway - 100%.

1) Commission one of those Japanese companies that makes the anime girl body pillows to make one with Kliff on it.

2) Hire minimum wage students to peddle them in front of the co-ed dorms and sorority houses.

3) ???

4) Profit.

ag-my001

Weren't we assured that current ADs wouldn't be on this committee, or was that just speculation?

Even with injuries, I think 1 and 2 are sure spots. It's the first year 4 gets in but 3 doesn't that will be the beginning of the eight team push.

Talon

Wait. Holy shit.

This whole thing is going to crash and burn at the last minute, isn't it?
Highly respected dude. I remember his name from LSU. He jumped from there to GaTech. It was a surprise when he went to Clemson.

Top Bottom