• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eight: Swagless Kelly Slides into your DM's

tebunker

Banned
Yeah? Well FSU players prefer Hellman's to Duke's

Whoa whoa whoa lets back this train up. Regardless of team affiliation, no sane person in their right mind like KFC over Bojangles or Hellman's over Duke's. That is borderline heresy and you shouldn't wish those fates on your worst enemies.

We have neither in Ohio and its like hell. Wife brought 4 jars of Dukes back from Va last time we were there.

I used to treat myself to Bo-Angels once a month. My gut is better for it now, but man, Breast and Thigh, dirty rice mixed with greenbeans and a biscuit

CvosujiWYAY2elv

Go Jake go

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Jonathan Allen made some noise in Heisman hype circles after his flying sack and second TD return against A&M. He has no chance to actually win but the fact a DE even got whispers is pretty cool.

Karl2177

Week 9 pick 'em: https://goo.gl/forms/noOOYRYHAfoO2jIq2

UCF/HOUST
UK/MIZZOU
WVU/OSU
MICH/MSU
FLA/UGA
WASH/UTAH
SMU/TULANE
UNT/UTSA
ASU/ORE
NEB/WISC
CLEM/FSU
NM/HAW

Week 8 results: link to full results
Code:
Week 8	Total	Username
0	47	Affeinvasion
10	65	ag
13	46	AlteredBeast
9	46	andycapps
0	29	Battlezone
0	30	BertramCooper
8	54	bpfd
6	56	BTM
4	51	Bucknuticus
5	47	cashman
5	51	Chicko1983
0	6	Chris R
5	51	Deacon
7	20	DorkLord54
12	62	Dsyndrome
9	61	ErnieMcCracken
9	58	felixorion
0	7	fgfdgdfg
8	59	FloydtheFathead
0	8	Frank Beamer
0	26	Frustrated_Grunt
7	50	Ganhyun
0	10	Garryk
7	40	GoldenEye 007
0	28	Googly Eyes Dog
0	14	GreenyMac
0	9	HeySeuss
0	16	Jerm411
8	60	jfkgoblue
0	8	Jhriad
8	68	jstevenson
12	59	Karl2177
0	10	Kawl_USC
0	9	Kenpokesbabrie
0	25	KingBrave1
6	10	LionPride
0	30	Lizardking
6	55	Lonestar
5	54	Mac the KNife
8	41	Monroeski
0	8	mre
8	65	MrJames
0	12	nobuyuki
0	34	OceanicAir
7	51	perfectchaos007
13	53	Quake1028
8	52	ryseing
10	68	sf2fanatic
0	13	Stooge
5	52	Subitai
0	23	Surge
8	44	Tebunker
0	5	tetromibi
8	46	TheLetdown
7	44	timetokill
0	4	Titanoboa
8	41	truly101
0	8	whytemyke
0	32	xeris
0	44	Yaboosh
8	61	zyxwvu4321

Top 20(well, 22 because of ties):
Code:
68	jstevenson
68	sf2fanatic
65	ag
65	MrJames
62	Dsyndrome
61	ErnieMcCracken
61	zyxwvu4321
60	jfkgoblue
59	FloydtheFathead
59	Karl2177
58	felixorion
56	BTM
55	Lonestar
54	bpfd
54	Mac the KNife
53	Quake1028
52	ryseing
52	Subitai
51	Bucknuticus
51	Chicko1983
51	Deacon
51	perfectchaos007

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If peppers can get screams he can get whispers

Peppers had to go run offensive plays to get more TD's, where he now has 3 to Allen's 2.

Nuts that Jalen Hurts is even close to Watson's numbers. Same amount of TD's, only 130 yards of offense behind.

jfkgoblue

Whoa whoa whoa lets back this train up. Regardless of team affiliation, no sane person in their right mind like KFC over Bojangles or Hellman's over Duke's. That is borderline heresy and you shouldn't wish those fates on your worst enemies.

We have neither in Ohio and its like hell. Wife brought 4 jars of Dukes back from Va last time we were there.

I used to treat myself to Bo-Angels once a month. My gut is better for it now, but man, Breast and Thigh, dirty rice mixed with greenbeans and a biscuit
Yeah moving from the south back to the Midwest has really opened my eyes to how little chicken fast food there is up there...

In South Carolina we had Chic fil a, zaxby's Bojangles, Raising Cane's...

There is a single Chick fil a in the state of Michigan and it's in Oakland U's student union, we had 3 in a 5 square mile in SC....

In my podunk town we have Popeyes, raising canes, Chick fil a, and Churches...with a Chicken Express currently under construction. We had a KFC until 2 years ago they shut down and turned into a Panda Express.

College football is so boring this year I literally thought I had filled out a pick em. Oops.

Damn, I feel like this is the opposite for me. So many games with a line of a field goal or less. Mid- and late-season games that actually matter. Typically strong teams playing other typically strong teams outside of their conference. A playoff bracket that isn't yet set in stone.

Middle fucking Tennessee putting one on Mizzou?

I feel like this is exactly what people have been asking for.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
College football is so boring this year I literally thought I had filled out a pick em. Oops.

It's overall been better than the snoozefest that is the NFL.

Most of the primetime games have been great. Lou vs Clemson, OSU vs Wisconsin, OSU vs Penn St ect... have all been good. Plus Tennessee has been amazing unto themselves.

Sure there have been some bad games, but when you have 100+ teams in CFB you're always gonna have bad games.

NFL overall has been way worse this season.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Review of NCAA CFB coaches' salaries. Harbaugh tops at $9m/yr

Worth every penny. That also makes him the highest paid coach in football, regardless of level. More than Saban, Belichick, Carrol, Meyer etc. (and by like a million or two per year more than these next highest paid coaches, not really close). But we'll still have ppl saying he's going back to the NFL any time now. :rolleyes

Worth every penny. That also makes him the highest paid coach in football, regardless of level. More than Saban, Belichick, Carrol, Meyer etc. (and by like a million or two per year more than these next highest paid coaches, not really close). But we'll still have ppl saying he's going back to the NFL. :rolleyes
Some say the workload as an NFL coach is less because you don't have to also be a recruiter. But given all the satellite camps Harbaugh runs it seems like he really enjoys that aspect

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The interesting thing to me is how there seems to be a distinct line at $1.8m dividing P5 and G5. Only P5 school I saw below that was Kansas, and only a few G5 pay more (Navy $2m, Cincy $2.2m, Houston $3m).

cdyhybrid

Some say the workload as an NFL coach is less because you don't have to also be a recruiter. But given all the satellite camps Harbaugh runs it seems like he really enjoys that aspect
I think Harbs would rather recruit than deal with a GM he might not get along with. Now if some team offers him GM and HC duties it might change things, but I bet he's probably pretty happy where he is since he's running the show.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Nebraska is getting a steal with Mike Riley this year. I just hope that is the new norm. If he finishes the year strong, i presume there will be renegotiated pay for however long he wants to stay.

I think Harbs would rather recruit than deal with a GM he might not get along with. Now if some team offers him GM and HC duties it might change things, but I bet he's probably pretty happy where he is since he's running the show.

Kind of reminds me how Pete Carroll had that comment about how he preferred recruiting to the NFL because he got a class full of first round talent instead of a single first rounder or something.

I think with Harbaugh, the guy was a play away from winning the Super Bowl and things only fell apart because of he and his ownership's inability to get along and he probably knows that finding someone in the NFL he can trust as a GM is not easy so it'll be hard for him to go back. He's not like a lot of college coaches who go to the NFL and flame out quickly and there's always that thought they might try once more to prove they can do it, he proved he can do it.

But I'm just speculating and I don't know him on any personal level so it is hard for me to say.

andycapps

Saban said the same thing about his time with the Dolphins. He couldn't control everything was the gist of it. In college, he can control everything, wasn't always that way at Bama. Not when he came in there. Full autonomy was what he wanted and what eventually got.

Saban said the same thing about his time with the Dolphins. He couldn't control everything was the gist of it. In college, he can control everything, wasn't always that way at Bama. Not when he came in there. Full autonomy was what he wanted and what eventually got.

Not to mention the local media worships college coaches and dont dare question them, but NFL coaches are basically always under fire.

jfkgoblue

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/

Review of NCAA CFB coaches' salaries. Harbaugh tops at $9m/yr

Thats not actually an accurate number...

His base salary is around 500k, with 4.5m in apparel royalties. He gets a 2m life insurance payment annually, but the school will receive that money back eventually, the extra 2m is this year only and so his school payment will be "only" 7m again.

But yeah its super misleading... the 4 million/year over his base is just an interest free loan.

FyreWulff

Nebraska is getting a steal with Mike Riley this year. I just hope that is the new norm. If he finishes the year strong, i presume there will be renegotiated pay for however long he wants to stay.

On the other hand, ignoring Riley's performance completely, it's a bit absurd that the administration thinks it's national champ level and we're not paying national champ seeking program wages.

We got lucky with Tom Osborne being homegrown talent who would have worked for near any pay and was never a threat of looking elsewhere. Looking at the list, fuckin' Iowa pays more. Iowa. We're barely paying more than some perennial conference practice teams.

If they want the dream of the 90s to come back with any permanent ideas, they gotta you know.. actually compete for coaches.

Top Bottom