• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eight: Swagless Kelly Slides into your DM's

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Recapping last week:
WxxRuwk.gif

eV2OnO7.gif

la5Tffd.jpg

hmhvz8B.jpg

sGoKZEP.gif

nH71ZYq.gif

89Mx9ok.gif

This Week features the following primetime matchups

JBN8ics.jpg

vs
GOUaqBQ.gif

EOlY0JE.gif

vs
VnYSpKJ.gif

vm3YtFJ.jpg

vs
P9M3uRj.gif

Local Beat Writer's Poll of Indemnity
1. Alabama (60)
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan (1)
4. Clemson
5. Washington
6. Texas A&M
7. Louisville
8. Nebraska
9. Baylor
10. Wisconsin
11. Houston
12. West Virginia
13. Florida State
14. Boise State
15. Florida
16. Oklahoma
17. Arkansas
18. Tennessee
19. Utah
20. Western Michigan
21. Auburn
22. UNC
23. Ole Miss
24. Navy
25. LSU

University Bagmens Poll of Scruples
1 Alabama
2 Ohio State
3 Clemson
4 Michigan
5 Washington
6 Texas A&M
7 Louisville
8 Baylor
9 Nebraska
10 Wisconsin
11 Houston
12 Florida
13 West Virginia
14 Boise State
15 Florida State
16 Oklahoma
17 Arkansas
18 Utah
19 Tennessee
20 Western Michigan
21 North Carolina
22 Mississippi
23 Louisiana State
24 Auburn
25 Navy​

Schedule of Notable Games
In Glorious Central Time Format

Thursday, October 20
BYU @ #14 Boise State 9:15 PM ESPN
Saturday, October 22
#10 Wisconsin @ Iowa 11:00 AM ESPN
NC State @ #7 Louisville 11:00 AM ABC
#22 North Carolina @ Virginia 2:00 PM ACC Network
Memphis @ #24 Navy 2:30 PM CBSSN
Illinois @ #3 Michigan 2:30 PM BTN
Purdue @ #8 Nebraska 2:30 PM ABC/ESPN2
TCU @ #12 West Virginia 2:30 PM ABC/ESPN2
#6 Texas A&M @ #1 Alabama 2:30 PM CBS
Eastern Michigan @ #20 Western Michigan 2:30 PM ESPN3
#19 Utah @ UCLA 3:00 PM FOX
#17 Arkansas @ #21 Auburn 5:00 PM ESPN
Oregon State @ #5 Washington 5:30 PM PAC12
#11 Houston @ SMU 6:00 PM ESPN2
#2 Ohio State @ Penn State 7:00 PM ABC
#16 Oklahoma @ Texas Tech 7:00 PM FOX
#23 Ole Miss @ #25 LSU 8:00 PM ESPN

Non-Notable Games of the Week
Thursday, October 20
Miami @ Virginia Tech 6:00 PM ESPN​

Saturday, October 22
Colorado @ Stanford 2:00 PM PAC12​

Pick 'em

https://goo.gl/forms/19rBLFtbgOP43bv02

UCF/UCONN
MIAMIOH/BGSU
IND/NW
WISC/IOWA
TEX/KSU
CUSE/BC
COLO/STAN
MEM/NAVY
TAMU/BAMA
ARK/AUB
MISS/LSU
WYOM/NEV

Top 20
60 jstevenson
58 sf2fanatic
57 MrJames
55 ag
53 zyxwvu4321
52 ErnieMcCracken
52 jfkgoblue
51 FloydtheFathead
50 BTM
50 Dsyndrome
49 felixorion
49 Lonestar
49 Mac the KNife
47 Affeinvasion
47 Bucknuticus
47 Karl2177
47 Subitai
46 bpfd
46 Chicko1983
46 Deacon​

The Decided Schematic Advantage - CFB GAF's very own podcast

Listen to Tom (Azwethinkweiz), Andy (Andycapps), Mike (Lonestar), and Andrew (bucknuticus) discuss the latest in college football news, a little bit about video games, and TV.

The link to subscribe to The Decided Schematic Advantage is here.

New Episodes on Thursday, or whenever Andy finds enough time at work to work on it.

How to Subscribe to this Thread

Web browser: click on the "Subscribe" button on the top right side of the screen. Next click "add subscription".

Mobile: Click on the "Tools" button, found by scrolling all the way to the bottom. Then click "Add Subscription".

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Comments from Kingsbury after our loss to West Virginia last week -
Kliff Kingsbury said:
“It’s the worst I’ve seen since I’ve been associated with Texas Tech. I’ve never seen a team play that poorly, coaches coach that poorly, and just get embarrassed. I’d like to apologize to the fans, student body, and the alumni. That was as bad as it gets.”

Keep in mind that we lost to TCU 82-27 a few years ago.

Me, 2 minutes into the 4th on Saturday:
qZxzd1W.gif

Hoping Dantonio has the wherewithal to fire all of his buddies and hire on some competent coordinators. That'd be nice!

Karl2177

This is a good week for a bye. Hopefully the offense gets out of whatever funk it was in last week. I mean how do you only score 2 field goals on that terrible Texas defense?

ag-my001

I'd be okay losing by 10. I'd probably be more upset losing by 3/4, since that would mean we had a chance.

A win means all of my students are getting A's.

Denali

Came to see a missed field goal gif and enjoy the bye week.

Watching this game at the Caesar's Palace sportbook bar was an experience. Also quite possibly the most drunk I've ever been before noon. Place erupted when the field goal sailed right, there was a good group of Clemson fans there surprisingly.

cdyhybrid

Watching this game at the Caesar's Palace sportbook bar was an experience. Also quite possibly the most drunk I've ever been before noon. Place erupted when the field goal sailed right, there was a good group of Clemson fans there surprisingly.
I'm gonna be in Vegas for the Rose Bowl
hopefully watching the Huskies play
, would you recommend that as our viewing venue?

Denali

Not at all. It's cool to visit, but sucks for watching the game. You have to buy a seat for $100, and that gets you 3 drinks. Otherwise, you can sit at the bar and purchase drinks; or you sit at the bar and keep feeding money into the poker machine and getting drinks for that (there's a minimum amount you have to bet and keep betting in order to keep your "green light" on).

When I went two years ago we stayed at the MGM. I sat my ass down in a big lounge chair and didn't have to pay the $100 that Caesar's wanted. I don't know if that's changed, but I'd look there first. It's nice.

EDIT: If you're not as cheap as I am, then ignore what I said above! It was a costly viewing for me.

cdyhybrid

Not at all. It's cool to visit, but sucks for watching the game. You have to buy a seat for $100, and that gets you 3 drinks. Otherwise, you can sit at the bar and purchase drinks; or you sit at the bar and keep feeding money into the poker machine and getting drinks for that (there's a minimum amount you have to bet and keep betting in order to keep your "green light" on).

When I went two years ago we stayed at the MGM. I sat my ass down in a big lounge chair and didn't have to pay the $100 that Caesar's wanted. I don't know if that's changed, but I'd look there first. It's nice.

EDIT: If you're not as cheap as I am, then ignore what I said above! It was a costly viewing for me.
I'm cheap. That's going to be the end of the trip so I'll probably be broke already anyway :jnc

Thanks for the tip!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

so you're not hoping for the playoff then? (I realize the whole playoff thing may be new to the Husky fans just waking from hibernation)

cdyhybrid

so you're not hoping for the playoff then? (I realize the whole playoff thing may be new to the Husky fans just waking from hibernation)
I hope we win our games, I suppose. Wherever that leaves us is fine.

Still a long way to go and some demons to exorcise.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I hope we win our games, I suppose. Wherever that leaves us is fine.

Still a long way to go and some demons to exorcise.

I'd guess you have a 20-30% chance of winning out at this tpoint.

Just gotta look out for Mike Leach and his band of Pirates at the end.

SC might be a little tricky too if they keep rolling.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Congrats on the new smell thread.

Sadly I'm basically busy from sun up to midnight on Saturday. I didn't plan this either. Just got lucky it's a bye week.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Did y'all hear about how Harbaugh does Halloween? How he told the kids going door to door will get your candy, but sprinting house to house will get you more?

Oh and if you're fast enough you can make it back home and do a costume change to do it all over?

Like for real Jim?!?!?!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Hypothetical: If Minney and Illinois combined rosters, could they win the B1G West?

eh, I don't know those two rosters well enough.

but I wouldn't think so, I don't think they have the QB to do it.

Though Illinois DL is probably best in the conference, so I'd guess the defense would be division winning tier.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Happy to see WVU getting some love, though even I think they're over ranked. Hopefully it doesn't got to their heads as the schedule only gets tougher--if still favorable with TCU, Oklahoma and Baylor all at home.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
You mean the same UW defense that got taken to over time by Arizona? And that was an Arizona offense sans its best QB.

you gave up 28 points... ONCE.

Even that game is misleading, your offense could've handled it.

Arizona's 4 touchdown drives
-15 play 75 yard drive to open the game (you held them to 5 yards a play, defense was just out there forever, AZ converted 1 4th down, and 2 3rd downs, lucky)
-2 play, 96 yard drive (keyed by a 79 yard run --- whoops!)
-5 play 66 yards drive (keyed by a 56 yard run--- whoops!)
-9 play 75 yard drive (keyed by a 54 yard pass --- whoops!)

Like, Washington gave up 3 big plays, and otherwise played relatively sound defense outside of the first two drives of the game. After the first drive you held Arizona to 4-of-13 on third down, 1 of 3 on fourth down. AZ only averaged 5.4 yards per pass attempt. You forced 3 turnovers.

It was really just giving up a few big plays, and not scoring enough on your own (leading to 28-all OT). Not gigantic structural issues with your defense. Growing pains, I say. Especially when you're only giving up on average 14 points a game.

cdyhybrid

UW should win the rest of the games on their schedule comfortably if they bring their A-game every week.

But I've seen too much bad football to expect that.

ryseing

UW should win the rest of the games on their schedule comfortably if they bring their A-game every week.

But I've seen too much bad football to expect that.

I want you and Wazzu to win out in order for the Apple Cup to be the de facto P12 North championship game.

It'll be great!

Is this the week I finally fall out of the pick em top 20? Could be!

I'm like the West Virginia of our Pick 'em. You know I'll fail eventually...

Top Bottom