• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eight: Swagless Kelly Slides into your DM's

Honestly pulling for BYU, but I know realistically speaking that Boise State is going to win this shit.

Also, off-topic, but how's the IW beta? DLing that shit now; heard it was basically a copy of BOIII.

ryseing

Honestly pulling for BYU, but I know realistically speaking that Boise State is going to win this shit.

Also, off-topic, but how's the IW beta? DLing that shit now; heard it was basically a copy of BOIII.

Let's just say they're lucky they're packing in CoD4.

(IW isn't great)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
yall just missed one of the worst special team calls ive ever witnessed

I can't believe that was called. I can't believe the punter didn't question it or just refuse.

Just... what?

And then Boise misses the FG. What is this game?

Lucky as hell and actually gain 15 yards in the end off of that awful, stupid decision in the end.

AW had decent enough MP tho.

I can't even think of a comparison as there hasn't really been a game in the series with shoddy MP but a decent SP. MW3 maybe?

Why can't every game in the series be like MW1+2 and BOI+II and have both a good campaign and multiplayer?*

Also, if Boise State actually loses this, I will be so happy since it means, if Western remains undefeated, they might have a chance at a NY6 bowl.

* Purposely leaving the first two games out since they were mostly SP focused like fellow WWII shooter MoH.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
First off, we only schedule 3 teams.

Second Colorado was no cupcake
Colorado absolutely was a cupcake when you scheduled them. You can get credit for playing an improved Colorado team, but you get absolutely no credit for scheduling the game in the first place.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Colorado absolutely was a cupcake when you scheduled them. You can get credit for playing an improved Colorado team, but you get absolutely no credit for scheduling the game in the first place.

It's why i keep telling people that when we scheduled Fresno St, they were consistently good. Not our fault they suck now. :p

andycapps

First off, we only schedule 3 teams.

Second Colorado was no cupcake

UM thought Colorado would be a cupcake when they played the game. And in most years they'd be right. I still don't really know if they're a good team, but they're not nearly as bad as they usually are.

That BYU fake punt was the worst I've ever seen.

That BYU fake punt was the worst I've ever seen.

That was one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen, and I lived through years of Jeff Bowden playcalling. I'm convinced something got screwed up with the inputs to the decision process-not even the zoobs are that dumb.

andycapps

That was one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen, and I lived through years of Jeff Bowden playcalling. I'm convinced something got screwed up with the inputs to the decision process-not even the zoobs are that dumb.
Maybe the punter decided that on his own like the Clemson guy did. Any coach calling that should rethink his career.

CtO23id.gif

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson

Nebraska gets extra credit for Fresno State and Oregon this year then haha

Maybe the punter decided that on his own like the Clemson guy did. Any coach calling that should rethink his career.

CtO23id.gif

nah, look at the blocking. it was called.

I think there is some genius to it, calling it where they'd never expect it.

The problem is in that kind of situation the other team is usually running punt block soooooo

andycapps

Nebraska gets extra credit for Fresno State and Oregon this year then haha

nah, look at the blocking. it was called.

I think there is some genius to it, calling it where they'd never expect it.

The problem is in that kind of situation the other team is usually running punt block soooooo

You're right about the blocking. Dumb call. Of course it looks genius if it works but it puts your defense in such a bad position if it doesn't. Obviously on the opponents side of the 50, a fake punt makes sense. This just doesn't.

I don't see any way to defend that call when it was a one score game in the first half. Plenty of time to score. They were lucky it didn't result in a safety, though I'm assuming BSU scored a TD afterwards so a safety would have actually been preferable.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Related to Indiana stealing signs:

"*After the game I wrote about how Nebraska used special cards to help change up their defensive play calling this past week. Come to find out, those cards were just one of many decoys the Huskers put in place to mess with Indiana’s offensive staff who is known for stealing signals.

One of the coaches I talked to on staff said it was pretty funny to see the Hoosier coaches frantically writing down what each card was, etc. to decipher their signals.

The best story was after the refs stopped play because Indiana tried to snap the ball too fast, the Nebraska booth caught the Indiana booth looking to see what their next sign was going to be. The coaches box said “hold up, they are watching what we do,” so Nebraska didn’t signal anything and Indiana was forced to use a timeout because they couldn’t get a call in with a 25 second play clock vs. a 40 second clock. It was pretty good gamesmanship all around. "

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
You're right about the blocking. Dumb call. Of course it looks genius if it works but it puts your defense in such a bad position if it doesn't. Obviously on the opponents side of the 50, a fake punt makes sense. This just doesn't.

I don't see any way to defend that call when it was a one score game in the first half. Plenty of time to score. They were lucky it didn't result in a safety, though I'm assuming BSU scored a TD afterwards so a safety would have actually been preferable.

BYU actually got the stop after that and Boise missed the FG. It was ridiculous.

andycapps

BYU actually got the stop after that and Boise missed the FG. It was ridiculous.

Crazy stuff happens out west. I don't get it.

Tons of credit for scheduling them! Not so much for beating them. :p

Holy... what the... I can't.
Yeah, inexplicable call. Hopefully Lonestar or you (whoever does next week's OT) can hang onto that gif and put in the OT.

4th and 19 from your 2. In the 2nd quarter in a one score game. With the punter trying to run the ball out. :jnc

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Crazy stuff happens out west. I don't get it.

Yeah, inexplicable call. Hopefully Lonestar or you (whoever does next week's OT) can hang onto that gif and put in the OT.
I should be able to do it next week. Had a deadline in federal court Wednesday that had me all but living in the office for the past couple of weeks.

Thinking you are smarter than you actually are is very much a BYU thing, so yeah it makes sense in that context.

I meant Miami since they were playing last night and returning to the acc cellar where they belong

The world's a better place when Miami's in the dumpster.

Top Bottom