• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week Eight: Swagless Kelly Slides into your DM's

Chris R

So I'm cleaning shit up and I found a journal that I guess I kept on a vacation I took in 2012. I don't remember writing any of this, but found the line

"Carey set a single game record for Pac-12 rushing yards, but it was against Colorado so it doesn't really count for much" pretty damn funny reading back through it, even more so now that Colorado isn't bad.

Related to Indiana stealing signs:

"*After the game I wrote about how Nebraska used special cards to help change up their defensive play calling this past week. Come to find out, those cards were just one of many decoys the Huskers put in place to mess with Indiana’s offensive staff who is known for stealing signals.

One of the coaches I talked to on staff said it was pretty funny to see the Hoosier coaches frantically writing down what each card was, etc. to decipher their signals.

The best story was after the refs stopped play because Indiana tried to snap the ball too fast, the Nebraska booth caught the Indiana booth looking to see what their next sign was going to be. The coaches box said “hold up, they are watching what we do,” so Nebraska didn’t signal anything and Indiana was forced to use a timeout because they couldn’t get a call in with a 25 second play clock vs. a 40 second clock. It was pretty good gamesmanship all around. "

I'm 100% pro sign stealing and don't get why there's a stigma against it. If you don't like it do what UNL did and change your shit up

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I should be able to do it next week. Had a deadline in federal court Wednesday that had me all but living in the office for the past couple of weeks.

Well, at least now I know the reason I spend most of my wednesday mornings, making gifs and using hee haw clips for Tennersee, and getting little response for my troubles. Hope it all works out alright, Matlock.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Related to Indiana stealing signs:

"*After the game I wrote about how Nebraska used special cards to help change up their defensive play calling this past week. Come to find out, those cards were just one of many decoys the Huskers put in place to mess with Indiana’s offensive staff who is known for stealing signals.

One of the coaches I talked to on staff said it was pretty funny to see the Hoosier coaches frantically writing down what each card was, etc. to decipher their signals.

The best story was after the refs stopped play because Indiana tried to snap the ball too fast, the Nebraska booth caught the Indiana booth looking to see what their next sign was going to be. The coaches box said “hold up, they are watching what we do,” so Nebraska didn’t signal anything and Indiana was forced to use a timeout because they couldn’t get a call in with a 25 second play clock vs. a 40 second clock. It was pretty good gamesmanship all around. "

That's some WWII naval intelligence shit

andycapps

I mean, don't you always assume the other team is trying to steal your signs? That's why you have grad assistants holding up a towel.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Well, at least now I know the reason I spend most of my wednesday mornings, making gifs and using hee haw clips for Tennersee, and getting little response for my troubles. Hope it all works out alright, Matlock.
I might not have said anything, but I appreciated it. :)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I might not have said anything, but I appreciated it. :)

The 1st 2 weeks, the titles came to me easily, though who knows if anyone cared. This week, didn't want to reference Alabama again, so it's why I didn't mention the Jar, only the single picture of a jar filled with a white liquid. So, I struggled to think of something, then I remembered Swag Kelly having another banner week.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I'm 100% pro sign stealing and don't get why there's a stigma against it. If you don't like it do what UNL did and change your shit up

I guess it's just basic game theory, if people steal signs, people will go to elaborate lengths to prevent them from being stolen. It'll stop, and people will get lazier and eventually someone will start stealing them again.

I don't really have an issue with it, it's probably just a pain in the ass for coaching staffs.

Slo

Maybe the punter decided that on his own like the Clemson guy did. Any coach calling that should rethink his career.

CtO23id.gif

Mormonism....not even once.

I mean, don't you always assume the other team is trying to steal your signs? That's why you have grad assistants holding up a towel.

We use 4 coaches who all call 4 different plays but only one is the right play for each position group. There's some other signal they use to signify which color shirt giybtheyre supposed to look at

David Lombardi
ESPN Staff Writer
Tonight's Cal-Oregon number of 89.5 is the highest over-under in at least 15 years. Seven other games in that span have had over-unders of 83 points or above, and five of those contests have gone over. This last happened in 2015, when Baylor and Texas Tech combined to score 98 points to obliterate the over-under of 89. (ESPN Stats and Info)

This will be the anti 3-2.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
s9USpj8.png

His senior year we were #34 total defense and #25 rushing offense. The year after he graduated we had a 2,000 yard rusher.

It's amazing how much changed when Leach showed up. Literally the entire identity of the team changed in a single season.

ryseing

If USF beats Temple tonight I think they'll be in the top 25 Sunday.

edit: Oh God Mack Brown is doing the commentary. *changes channel*

Shutdown Fullcast's running joke about Mack having to leave early to catch a flight is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.

Seriously though if you like college football and aren't listening to SF, well, you should be. Their rant about Papa John earlier this week was absolutely classic.

andycapps

Shutdown Fullcast's running joke about Mack having to leave early to catch a flight is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while.

Seriously though if you like college football and aren't listening to SF, well, you should be. Their rant about Papa John earlier this week was absolutely classic.

GO BIG PAPA!

Beach

My last race in high school was a 4x4 in CIF against Khalfani Muhammed (Notre Dame HS) and now the Cal RB. Guy was as fast I was a senior when he was a freshman. Pretty cool to see him balling out.

Nialrot

Oregon looks so disorganized and undisciplined.

I believe that Oline interview where players have straight quit.

Kevtones

Like the effort tonight. Players playing like they care despite the coaching.

I hope they keep the coaching staff tbh. I think a regime change will be a negative unless it's Chip Kelly. I like what Hoke is going for on defense (honestly).

Like the effort tonight. Players playing like they care despite the coaching.

I hope they keep the coaching staff tbh. I think a regime change will be a negative unless it's Chip Kelly. I like what Hoke is going for on defense (honestly).

Nah, Helfrich lost this team. Too bad.

Getting fired.

I enjoyed watching you go through the 5 stages of grief. Been there done that bought the t-shirt

Top Bottom