• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football 2016 Week One: UCLA MEGATHREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think as long as the threat title incorporates UCLA it's good to go in the OT.

Not sure if due to location of the thread or because of the better opening weekend, but this year saw much more traffic/responses.

Last year's week 1 thread had 36 pages. We're at 59 now and polls aren't even out yet!

week 1 corches poll

1 Alabama 1-0
2 Clemson 1-0
3 Florida State 1-0
4 Ohio State 1-0
5 Stanford 1-0
6 Michigan 1-0
7 Houston 1-0
8 Michigan State 1-0
9 Georgia 1-0
10 Iowa 1-0
11 Washington 1-0
12 Texas Christian 1-0
13 Oklahoma 0-1
14 Tennessee 1-0
15 Louisville 1-0
16 Wisconsin 1-0
17 Oklahoma State 1-0
18 Mississippi 0-1
19 Baylor 1-0
20 Texas 1-0
21 Notre Dame 0-1
22 Louisiana State 0-1
23 Oregon 1-0
24 Texas A&M 1-0
25 Florida 1-0

B1G bias. Who have they played, Bowling Green? Same shit every year.

This ought to make B1G fans rage

14 Tennessee 1-0
15 Louisville 1-0
16 Wisconsin 1-0

Just shows that preseason polls matter. Otherwise a win over LSU would have a team ranked higher than the one that needed OT vs. APPSTATE

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
0957.jpg

So far away. So Far.

This might be the dumbest shit I have ever seen.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!

14 Tennessee 1-0
15 Louisville 1-0
16 Wisconsin 1-0

Ehh, they will make it up when the game clock Butcher leads the Vols to 7-5... 1 game is whatever. The polls are still a crap shoot right now. No reason they even exist at this point, except to overinflate egos and talking points.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!

14 Tennessee 1-0
15 Louisville 1-0
16 Wisconsin 1-0

Just shows that preseason polls matter. Otherwise a win over LSU would have a team ranked higher than the one that needed OT vs. APPSTATE
I think rather than singling Tennessee out here, you should single out Sparty. Sure, Tennessee struggled with App State, but at least they're a decent, bottom-tier FBS team. Sparty struggled against FCS Furman, and was rewarded by jumping from 12th to 8th.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I think rather than singling Tennessee out here, you should single out Sparty. Sure, Tennessee struggled with App State, but at least they're a decent, bottom-tier FBS team. Sparty struggled against FCS Furman, and was rewarded by jumping from 12th to 8th.

Its true, although Sparty seems to do that every year, and then gets increasingly better as the season progresses. Vols' high-water mark happened with that OT win over App St.

jfkgoblue

Oh I 100% agree, Washington, Iowa, Georgia all deserve to be ranked ahead of them

College Football week 2. UCLA is good in futbol. But not that football.

I think I saw the other day either the men's soccer team defeated the #1 team.

andycapps

Oh I 100% agree, Washington, Iowa, Georgia all deserve to be ranked ahead of them
Clemson should have dropped as well. Struggling with an unranked team that couldn't decide which of it's 3 QB's to play and still almost beat them. I'd put Clemson about where UGA is.

Then again, if I were doing rankings mine would be much more fluid based on what teams have done versus where I started them out at and from there whether they won or lost, which is how most coaches assistants seem to do it.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
This is all to get the callers wound up. lets dispel the fiction Paul doesnt know what hes doing, he knows exactly what hes doing.
He's the Jerry Springer of talk radio. What's a shame is that you guys didn't get to experience the old Finebaum show. He's never been knowledgeable about what's going on on the field, but his show used to not be such a 3 ring circus. However, Paul is a fantastic interviewer, but only occasionally flexes those muscles now, which is too bad.

LSU FootballVerified account
‏@LSUfootball
LM: Our team realizes, there was an Ohio State team that loss to Virginia Tech, and that team decided not to lose again and won natl title.

You sounding desperate Les....

I mean that OSU team only broke a 70+ school records and put together one of the greatest 3 game runs ever, real simple. Sounds totally doable. Also Tom Herman

edit:

Oh Les

@LSUBeatTweet
"If we had five more passes, a couple runs for touchdowns," offense would be viewed differently, Les said.

cdyhybrid

I don't like these high rankings. I miss the days where a Pac-12 team could solidly win a game against a P5 opponent and drop in ranking.

andycapps

LSU FootballVerified account
‏@LSUfootball
LM: Our team realizes, there was an Ohio State team that loss to Virginia Tech, and that team decided not to lose again and won natl title.

You sounding desperate Les....

I mean that OSU team only broke a 70+ school records and put together one of the greatest 3 game runs ever, real simple. Sounds totally doable. Also Tom Herman

edit:

Oh Les

@LSUBeatTweet
"If we had five more passes, a couple runs for touchdowns," offense would be viewed differently, Les said.
In fairness to him, he's trying to inspire confidence. Problem is that Cam Cameron is his OC and Brandon Harris is his QB. Both of those are very inferior to what tOSU was working with, as you said.

Kevtones

Oregon's sloppy win had me worried but then I heard UCDavis returned all 22 starters. Good or not that's a huge advantage in the 1st game.

Cautious optimism. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom