• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, Jean Smart to Star in FX's 'X-Men' Take 'Legion'

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoopKid

threesplit.jpg
FX is going big for its X-Men take Legion.

The network has tapped Downton Abbey's Dan Stevens, Parks and Recreation grad Aubrey Plaza and Fargo alum Jean Smart to star in the pilot from Noah Hawley (Fargo), The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

The Legion pilot introduces the story of David Haller, a man who may be more than human and who has has struggled with mental illness since his teenage years. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he is confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real. In the comics, David is the son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier (aka Professor X) and Israeli Holocaust survivor Gabrielle Haller. The character first appeared in New Mutants #25 in March 1985.

Also surprisingly marvel actually acknowledged it. I'm guessing they're getting paid
https://twitter.com/marvel/status/695321405928378368
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/legion-dan-stevens-aubrey-plaza-861358

-griffy-

Banned
FX and Hawley has me interested by default, but it seems Hawley is really just working on the pilot. Do we know who the actual showrunner is?

DeathyBoy

Banned
Throw some cash at Patrick Stewart, I'm sure he'd be happy to verbally abuse Xavier's bastard offspring on screen. Gotta keep it faithful to the comics.

I mean the conception alone...

I'm not too confident about this.
But I think that about all comic-based projects on TV.

I feel better about it than most being on FX, they're just about on the same level as HBO and Netflix when it comes to their original shows.

But I agree, I even bounced off of Jessica Jones and Daredevil half-way through.

Were they forced to do it like the fox xmen movies or did they agree to get some cash?

There was a rumor, that Fox did refute to be fair, which claimed that Fox quietly traded Marvel back the Fantastic Four film rights in exchange for the X-Men TV rights.

I hope at least one is good, if it's even half as good as daredevil I'll be so happy :D but I'll take Gotham/AOS/Arrow levels too I enjoy those shows as well

Crazy they got Dan Stevens. Will be watching this one for sure

Noah Hawley too?! God damn if he showruns this then it will most definitely be the best comic book show with ease.

Awww shit, Dan Stevens was the bomb in The Guest.

Hawley's involvement already had me hyped, this casting makes it the show I'm most looking forward to now.

Can't wait to see the pilot.

The fact that this isn't MCU disappoints me only in the sense that Aubrey Plaza's character will never accidentally run into Star Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom