• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legion |OT| Insert X-Men Meme - Wednesdays 10/9c on FX

This is easily one of the best shows out there. Are there any other tv shows out there that are more experimental with visual storytelling? I've already seen Hannibal and Mr Robot.
The Knick is the best directed show ever made. Might be slight hyperbole, but Soderbergh killed it.

Mossybrew

Man her action scenes are cringe worthy lol. The only big thing I dislike in this series. Whenever they try to make her a badass

Hah. Just finished episode 4 last night and yeah, this is the one thing in the show that has really brought me out of the experience.

I'm all caught up.

Who was the guy in the wheelchair / the guy found stabbed in the closet in the real world? Maybe this is a consequence of not keeping up week to week, but I've completely forgotten who this person is and what their situation was. :lol

Rudy I think is his name. The guy with telekinesis that throws things.

yeah all caught up now, was a little confused who he was too.

watching live tonight

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
i like how just how the scenes where David comes across strongest are so simple. Just the scenes in the last episode where the lighting is changed and horn blasts give off a sense of power that Magneto moving the Golden Gate could never even come close to.

Kayhan

Just popping in to say that I am two episodes in and loving the show so far.

A breath of fresh air for the TV superhero shows.

Hah. Just finished episode 4 last night and yeah, this is the one thing in the show that has really brought me out of the experience.

Yeah, it's the one thing that most obviously needs work (that fight against those goons was a mess). They definitely need to take more time filming the fight scenes or hiring a new fight choreographer for season 2 (no idea who it is now) or whatever is needed to address the problem.

I like her character and her dynamic with Cary quite a bit, so she deserves better fights as the supposed fighter/badass of the group, if the actress/stunt double can do them.

Can't wait to watch the season finale!

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Yeah, it's the one thing that most obviously needs work (that fight against those goons was a mess). They definitely need to take more time filming the fight scenes or hiring a new fight choreographer for season 2 (no idea who it is now) or whatever is needed to address the problem.

I like her character and her dynamic with Cary quite a bit, so she deserves better fights as the supposed fighter/badass of the group, if the actress/stunt double can do them.
With you 100%. i liked the whole montage idea, how it was shot, he character.. when she was like "All day long its been talk, talk, talk" i got excited. im expecting she will get her moment with a larger budget for S2. im just guessing on the budget thing because it was renewed so early.

Burt

Hmmm. Not as exciting of a finale as I was expecting.

I agree that it didn't spike my heartrate like some of the other episodes, but I found it very satisfying.

Hawley wasn't lying when he said that the season was a self-contained story that could stand on its own. Everything
outside of that random-ass post credits scene
hit that balance of tying up loose ends and having a clear path forward. Looking back, it's kind of Game of Thronesey in the pentultimate episode being maximum insanity and the finale being more resolution-based.

big ander

I kinda don't get how that worked, expelling farouk. We start out with David's body holding David and Farouk. Syd swaps, so I'd think it'd be david and farouk in Syd, Syd in david. But it seemed like it was just Farouk. Then Farouk-Syd touches Kerry, so we finally have Farouk's mind in Kerry's body, Kerry's mind in Syd's body, Syd's mind in David's body. and david's mind...I would think also in Kerry's body but possibly still in Syd's or in his. But Farouk-in-Kerry apparently has Farouk's powers still. and right away David's mind got back into his own body? I dunno that all felt muddled.

Deadly

What the fuck was the post-credits scene? Finale was abit underwhelming. Thought it was obvious he would go to Oliver since he's the only other telepath.

Gamespawn

I kinda don't get how that worked, expelling farouk. We start out with David's body holding David and Farouk. Syd swaps, so I'd think it'd be david and farouk in Syd, Syd in david. But it seemed like it was just Farouk. Then Farouk-Syd touches Kerry, so we finally have Farouk's mind in Kerry's body, Kerry's mind in Syd's body, Syd's mind in David's body. and david's mind...I would think also in Kerry's body but possibly still in Syd's or in his. But Farouk-in-Kerry apparently has Farouk's powers still. and right away David's mind got back into his own body? I dunno that all felt muddled.

I think what happened was the only way Farouk would leave is willfully and it did it by the activation of Syd's power. So instead of swapping bodies with David+Farouk, Farouk just started hopping bodies. David stayed in his own body and Farouk ended up in Kerry's.

Deadly

You might remember
one of the Division 3 observers saying to deploy "The Equinox" at one point in the episode.
There's a pretty good chance that was it.
Interesting. David just can't catch a break. Although I think with his powers he should have been able to break out still. I also wonder if we're going to see the aspect of multiple personalities.

Also does the burned guy represent someone in the comics?

Yeah, LOL, he really can't catch a break, heh.
Good finale, it didn't seem to go for the pulse-pounding of last ep but there was a lot of satisfying stuff in there to finish off an awesome season. Also, especially enjoyed all of the David finally in control scenes throughout the episode, quite satisfying.

They actually also did a pretty nice job mixing things up on that burned guy within a single episode. It getting away in Oliver (yeah, he was kind of obvious) and while Melanie was still unconscious too, ouch.

That was a pretty literal last minute cliffhanger, WTF lol. Though I suppose it did do its job.
David's "Oh what the fuck?" was perfect.

Also ROFL at Carry trying to have that talk with Kerry in front of the burned guy LOL. I also gotta laugh that the cane having the camera both somehow never got checked or got by them so those guys were watching the whole time and yet that potentially has unintentionally helped them without them realizing it lol.

Kerry's got a little bit of Jubilee going on with that blue outfit and brown but yellow-ish coat in this ep.

With you 100%. i liked the whole montage idea, how it was shot, he character.. when she was like "All day long its been talk, talk, talk" i got excited. im expecting she will get her moment with a larger budget for S2. im just guessing on the budget thing because it was renewed so early.

Yeah, the set up for that fight scene was great. Yeah, hopefully, I quite like her character.

Top Bottom