• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legion |OT| Insert X-Men Meme - Wednesdays 10/9c on FX

I only finished episode 1 and found it really out weird at first. The episode did have a bit of payoff as it wrapped up towards the end. I did enjoy the moment where
they reveal the dude interviewing him steps out of the room and the music kicks up and reveals that he has a heavily equipped squad at the ready.
. Up until that point I really had no idea what was going on with the show. Seeing all the impressions above has made me decide to continue watching. Time to binge and catch up.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
dollfsopr.gif

I completely missed that when I was watching. Not sure how, must have been looking away at the time or something. Thanks!

Kalor

I got caught up over the past week and I wasn't expecting how great this was going to be. Though I should have expected it when Noah Hawley was attached to it. I'm glad I got caught up for the finale thought the wait for season 2 will be rough.

hydruxo

I only finished episode 1 and found it really out weird at first. The episode did have a bit of payoff as it wrapped up towards the end. I did enjoy the moment where
they reveal the dude interviewing him steps out of the room and the music kicks up and reveals that he has a heavily equipped squad at the ready.
. Up until that point I really had no idea what was going on with the show. Seeing all the impressions above has made me decide to continue watching. Time to binge and catch up.

First ep is great but man does it get even better as it goes on, particularly around ep 4.

T Dollarz

Episode 6 in particular is when the show moved up another notch for me, from being really damn good and visually enchanting, but then that episode everything clicked together to be fucking amazing

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Truer words haven't been spoken. I plan to do exactly that.

Rewatched ep 1 with someone who was watching it for the first time, and he noticed that Lenny is in the mirror off to the side when David is talking to his sister after breaking the lamp. I'm sure tons of people saw this but we definitely missed it, and there was just a ton of little stuff in just that episode that had such different meaning and that you noticed more on the rewatch having the benefit of the other episodes.

Holy shit he was showrunning 2 shows, writing two shows and directing all at the same time?

If Fargo holds up Hawley needs some award for that level of work

neoanarch

There was a scene in the pilot where a crowd is rushing David. I figured that wasn't​supposed to be a literal interpretation. I think that was the first hint about his powers.

Honestly I like this a lot more than Fargo season 2. depending on how the finale is might even prefer it over season 1 at the end of the day too.

It does go up its own ass but it seems all in service of the plot now anyways as the show is about David trying to understand his powers and fight through the hallucinations induced in him. Plus the shadow king in lenny's form is such a good villain. I get a bit of Bob from Twin Peaks and Beetlejuice in there.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!

Enjoy the ride. The end of the first episode makes it seem like the show is going to have a sense of normalcy from there on out but things just gets crazier with each episode.

error4041

After catching up on the show, I don't know if I'll be able to enjoy Parks & Rec the way I used to. I'm afraid I'll just see Lenny whenever Aubrey Plaza is on screen.

Spuck-uk

Banned
This is where I'm at though, I think the visual suffer because the format/plot driving them are weak or there isn't enough of it that, and the show at large suffers because there are shots and sequences that neither drive the plot forward or contribute to character-building. Either useless or go on for too long without much meaningful in them. Which would be fine, if there wasn't plenty of character ground to be made up. That look pretty, and so I assume that is when the audience cheers. An exception to this would be the Astral Plane scenes in Episode 4, where its both visually distinct and you learn a lot about the character and world that surrounds him, which is by far the best part of the show thus far.

Said it earlier in this thread, but there better be some wild twist at the end that makes you return to every episode and see it from another perspective and maybe much of that stuff I think is useless becomes super meaningful, but I'm not seeing it, and the journey has been a bit of a slog for sure.

Hawley has already stated there isn't some massive plot twist. sounds like the show just isn't for you.

Personally I think it's absolutely incredible, and makes everything else in terms of superhero stuff look lazy.

- CBR with a few tidbits from a Hawley conference call yesterday
“I think as we do with ‘Fargo,’ I think fans who are really familiar with the at world, they really appreciate certain connections and a sense of being rewarded for knowing the stories so well,” he said in a conference call this afternoon with media outlets, including CBR, ahead of “Legion’s” season finale. “But at the same time, my goal was always to sort of use this character as a way to have a conversation and tell a story that was my story, that was interesting to me, and to try to get at the heart of what this character is and [what] this journey is for him, not literally sort of reenacting issues of the comic book, or storylines from the comic book.

“So, I don’t think you’ll see the show suddenly look to the comics for storylines,” Hawley added, “but you may see ideas or characters or images that are familiar to you.”

Still, David, the powerful mutant played by Dan Stevens (“Beauty and the Beast,” “Downton Abbey”), clearly has questions about his biological father, whom he deduced sought to protect him from the Shadow King. It’s a logical path to purse in “Legion’s” 10-episode second season, but one Hawley concedes is accompanied by behind-the-scenes complications.

“I think that’s something we’re definitely going to approach,” he told reporters. “It’s a creative conversation, but it’s also a sort of corporate conversation, you know, on some level, in terms of the movie studio and their relationship to the X-Men and the characters they want in the movies and want to protect potentially. And were we to want to have Professor X on the show, or even Patrick Stewart on the show, James McAvoy or one of those actors, is a conversation both with the actor and with the studio. So, I don’t know, I haven’t really dived into that quandary yet, but certainly I need to start thinking about it.”

JoeNut

This show is absolutely great, i can't wait for the finale to see what's in store next.

OH someone above just spoiled it..nice one man

Birbo

Looking forward to the finale. The last episode when
The Eye was folded to death was one of the best screen deaths
. My son and I watch the show together and since last week, we'll just look at each other and say
"‎Origami!"
to make each other wince.

Alpende

Okay, cool, this is my first foray into TV show Gaf posts so I didn't realise that was the limit. Apologies.

The only exceptions are with Netflix shows. Those usually have a time period in which everything has to be spoiler tagged. After that date spoiling everything is allowed.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
The only exceptions are with Netflix shows. Those usually have a time period in which everything has to be spoiler tagged. After that date spoiling everything is allowed.

Yeah haha I actually come to this thread specifically for the gifs of the last episode in some cases. :p I did quickly scan it before watching just to see some of the impressions in a rough sense, but that was on me to try not to read too may spoilers for me.

tirminyl

Snap. I think I know who The Eye is.

I think he is Jason Stryker. I don't know why it has taken this long to hit me. First off, his eye is the giveaway and his constant shifting to other people is simply psychic projection. There is no one else that fits that character.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Is that the girl who is a part of the old scientist dude?

Man her action scenes are cringe worthy lol. The only big thing I dislike in this series. Whenever they try to make her a badass

It was a slight disappointment but i admire what they did craft-wise.

Rewatching the last episode again and ive got a couple questions or speculation.

During the chalk animation when David is getting sad and his Rational Mind says "Boo hoo" we can see Prof X reaching out toward David. It dawned on me that something like that could be worked in later.

The more ive thought about the last Kerry/Cary scene ive come to appreciate it. At first i basically wrote it off as dumb but understanding the motivation of the character it makes sense.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Snap. I think I know who The Eye is.

I think he is Jason Stryker. I don't know why it has taken this long to hit me. First off, his eye is the giveaway and his constant shifting to other people is simply psychic projection. There is no one else that fits that character.

i really want to believe something like this but i think his name is different. It was referred to as Walter during a talking session in the astral Clockworks.. forget with which character though.

edit: it was during the "Whats the point of love?" part.

Blader

I'm all caught up.

Who was the guy in the wheelchair / the guy found stabbed in the closet in the real world? Maybe this is a consequence of not keeping up week to week, but I've completely forgotten who this person is and what their situation was. :lol

Eklesp

I'm all caught up.

Who was the guy in the wheelchair / the guy found stabbed in the closet in the real world? Maybe this is a consequence of not keeping up week to week, but I've completely forgotten who this person is and what their situation was. :lol

Rudy I think is his name. The guy with telekinesis that throws things.

number11

This is easily one of the best shows out there. Are there any other tv shows out there that are more experimental with visual storytelling? I've already seen Hannibal and Mr Robot.

Top Bottom