• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony |OT| Monokuma's Battlegrounds

BTA

Oh yeah, I mentioned it in the Giant Bomb thread, haha.

I may try coming down multiple times over 2-3 weekend intervals or something... I don't know if I have the patience to walk away from it for that long after starting it!

Could you Remote Play? Not that I'd necessarily recommend it for something where the stream quality could easily make reading pretty hard. But it might help you chip away at it a bit.

Zeroro

Could you Remote Play? Not that I'd necessarily recommend it for something where the stream quality could easily make reading pretty hard. But it might help you chip away at it a bit.

My computer’s an archaic hunk of junk, so that’s not really an option, unfortunately. I’d probably jump on it if that wasn’t the case.

Lusankya

Question: If you use a lie bullet to "make a trial shorter", does that mean you skip a section you would have otherwise played? Is there any real replay value trying out whether to use truth or lie bullets in any given situation?

GSR

Question: If you use a lie bullet to "make a trial shorter", does that mean you skip a section you would have otherwise played? Is there any real replay value trying out whether to use truth or lie bullets in any given situation?

As far as I recall, the (optional) lie bullets are just alternate solutions to segments, and they only change some dialogue immediately following the nonstop debate. But I didn't get all of them in my playthrough.

Damn, it seems the Steam unlock happens until 12:00 AM PDT. I will have to wait until tomorrow then.

Based on where this gif comes from and the twist involved, I an extremely terrified of how fucked my head is about to get.

This GIF seems like pretty big spoilers if you know the context.

May I get the name of the show for future reference? Reverse Google search doesn't give me anything.

pariah164

They have the chat embedded into the video feed, so, like, just listen to the audio, I guess?

I'm covering a huge chunk of my computer screen, lmao. Those shirts are nice.
I'm not partaking at all. The only reason I played the demo was because I knew it would be deliciously meta.

Zeroro

Based Masafumi Takada on stream!

His work on the DR series played a huge part in getting me interested in it. He's definitely one of my favorite video game composers alongside Shoji Meguro (who Kodaka name-dropped on stream, which was dope).

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
His work on the DR series played a huge part in getting me interested in it. He's definitely one of my favorite video game composers alongside Shoji Meguro (who Kodaka name-dropped on stream, which was dope).

Imagine a Danganronpa Persona game (Danganronpa game basically with casts from Persona 3, 4, and 5).

Akibared

He's been my favorite composer since I played Killer7 him doing the music is also one of the reasons I wanted to play DR!

Zeroro

Imagine a Danganronpa Persona game (Danganronpa game basically with casts from Persona 3, 4, and 5).

Either that or swapped the other way around would be the crossover of my dreams. Also, taking it one step further, Meguro and Takada collaborating on a soundtrack...

sasliquid

Is the games length in line with the first two? I want to finish it this weekend before I go abroad but it's not out here till Friday

UberTag

I'm experiencing despair already. I have 3 Vitas... one has a wonky joystick, one won't charge and the two that are responding don't want to connect to my router.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I think I missed my chance to trigger a special event in Ch. 1 with the
Nail Brush
present? I feel like I'm passed the point that I was suppose to "use" it considering I seem to be close to the trial. Don't suppose there's a spoiler-free guide to help me know when I should have which presents?

Nail Brush
present? I feel like I'm passed the point that I was suppose to "use" it considering I seem to be close to the trial. Don't suppose there's a spoiler-free guide to help me know when I should have which presents?

Yeah I'm on CH3 and there are other items like that ("maybe you should hold on to them?") but I still haven't got a clue on what or who to use them on. Getting a feeling that they might serve a purpose in the side games after finishing the main game.

GSR

Nail Brush

Those scenes are always before the investigations. IIRC for that one you had to talk to
Tsumugi
early in the chapter (maybe before any FTEs even IIRC?)

Oooooh, this is a direct continuation of the 2nd game, yeah?

No need to play that shooting game or whatever, right?

If you meant conceptually, then yes.

But storywise, the direct continuation of the 2nd game is the anime series, and that shooting game or whatever has more connection than this game to the 2nd game.

Razmos

Oh?

Reboot in what way? They completely disregarded the events in the 1st and 2nd game, you mean?
I'm not entirely sure what connections the game has to the previous ones (the links are probably minor) but it's a brand new setting, characters and plot from what I can tell

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Those scenes are always before the investigations. IIRC for that one you had to talk to
Tsumugi
early in the chapter (maybe before any FTEs even IIRC?)
I figured, considering how they were triggered in previous games. Once the body was found, I figured that my chances were gone.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to tell myself to not buy anything in the extras since I need to save up for the 999 coins trophy. Hell, I don't know why I didn't save/grind when the game gave me 333 from the demo save data.

& damn, it seems that (Ch. 1 spoiler for something you do early on)
you CAN actually beat that Death Road of Despair to earn an additional ending. Though damn, they really made it frustrating with how slippery everyone controls....

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Technically you don't need to play DR1 and DR2 for DRv3, but it'll greatly help the experience. It's a bit "looser" than DR1 -> DR2 though.

You don't need to play UDG at all.

jrcbandit

The config launcher doesn't seem to work with the Xbox One Wireless dongle/Xbox One controller turned on for the PC. You have to reboot, access the launcher, and only afterwards power on the Xbox One controller. Weird bug, the game itself works fine with the Xbox controller.

Igama

Neo Member
EU here, and have it preordered on Amazon, so maybe I get lucky and get it on Thursday. The wait is gonna hurt anyway.

Also, nice thread title, lol.

leecming

Neo Member
welp, they screwed up the PSN Asia release for Vita at least.
it's supposed to be English/Chinese but there's no way to switch to English.

the trial version defaults to English oddly enough

Top Bottom