• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony |OT| Monokuma's Battlegrounds

Zeroro

Oh god the
Yokai Watch
reference
"I'd have cash for days if I was dealing with the under 10 crowd!"

I love Yo-kai Watch and imagine this game was being developed during the peak of its popularity in Japan, lmao.

Anoxida

2 Q:

Is this a continuation of the old storyline or a new one? I started watching the anime but cba. Played first two games and I remember some of it.

How's the demo? Thinking of skipping it unless it's great.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
2 Q:

Is this a continuation of the old storyline or a new one? I started watching the anime but cba. Played first two games and I remember some of it.

How's the demo? Thinking of skipping it unless it's great.

It's a new story.

The demo's fucking awful, IMO.

NotLiquid

Chapter 1 Deadly Life beginning spoilers / theory on killer

I... did not expect Rantaro to be the first. That said I uh, have a real bad feeling about who the killer is. The iron ball looks like an incredibly obvious red herring for Ryouma, but having said that, considering we saw iron balls while waiting for Shuichi to get camera stuff and no one stepping forward to claim being the killer... why am I getting the suspicion that this is an accidental murder and that it's going to be Kaede? Either that or Shuichi, but it looks like he could've died from an iron ball dropping on him, and Kaede was the only one who went up the bookshelf. There's just too many death flags for both of them with how much intimate development they both got.

Playing the game for quite some while, I quite enjoyed it. The setting and setup is fresh enough, and I like that Kaede is actually pro-active in finding solutions to their predicaments. The Demo really undersold her characterization.

GoldStarz

Is Monokid's VO the same as Nidai's and is the ultimate maid's the same as Kawakami's in Persona 5?

Don't know about Monokid, but Tojo is played by Kira Buckland, but I will admit that during the demo, I was going back and forth about if it was Michelle Ruff (Kawakami's VA) or not. The two have incredibly similar voices when Buckland goes to that part of her voice range (she previously played Hiyoko, for the record).

Brazil

Did this box insert just give major spoilers for the game? lol

oY8ZDSm.jpg

Is this it?

If so, then nah. That's just the first main visual they revealed for the game.

What's the box insert? Is it that dumb vaguely ominous Kiibo key art? Because if it is then no, that's not really a spoiler.

Actually what I thought it was a spoiler is in the little booklet for the Day 1 edition.
The way they have the characters one after the other seems
to line up with the murderer/victim set up
I think it might be a coincidence, since I didn't bother to look back after the first 2 pages.

Fluloco

Sooooo I think I just spoiled myself something reaaally important.

I just saw it on Google, in the blurb they put under the Wikipedia article for the game (so fucking awesome for them to put such a big spoiler there)

Can anyone confirm if I'm truly fucked by knowing that
Danganronpa V3 is actually Danganronpa 53, the 53rd edition of a reality show??
. I just ended chapter 1, so I'm still not super far into the game.

Brazil

I just saw it on Google, in the blurb they put under the Wikipedia article for the game (so fucking awesome for them to put such a big spoiler there)

I could answer that question, but don't you think it's better if you stop trying to dive deeper into this and just play the game? :p

Motherfucker please tag that spoiler properly:(

Fluloco

I'm not dabbling in victim blaming or anything of the sort, but come on, guys. There's no way looking up a visual novel on Wikipedia before you play it is a good idea :p

Again, I didn't enter any wiki page, neither Wikipedia nor the saga wikia. It literally was there in the small blurb beneath the link to the Wikipedia's article of the game.

Of course I wouldn't enter the article itself, I'm not suicidal lol

Brazil

Again, I didn't enter any wiki page, neither Wikipedia nor the saga wikia. It literally was there in the small blurb beneath the link to the Wikipedia's article of the game.

That's so weird. I did a Google search on the game after you mentioned it, but didn't get any spoilers in the blurb. That one thing you saw is actually from an excerpt halfway into the article.

But don't fret about it too much. Context matters a lot.

Ok, I have been playing chapter 1; I have revised my thoughts about my theory earlier: (up to chapter 1 spoilers, don't read if you aren't interested in theories):
Monokuma just said: "Geez, why'd you guys even come to this school if you're not gonna do the killing game". I'm starting to think this killing game is a farce, that it's happening because the characters are playing an actual game in a virtual world, and the game must continue because the thrill of it, until there's only two survivors and the game can't continue due to the new rule.

bigkrev

If you still own a Vita and are still willing to play games on it, why the fuck haven't you bought a 64 gig memory card (or 32 gig if importing is scary) yet?

Like, I get that you won't buy a Vita because of it, but if your already invested in the platform it makes no sense to not have one by this point.

Brazil

If you still own a Vita and are still willing to play games on it, why the fuck haven't you bought a 64 gig memory card (or 32 gig if importing is scary) yet?

Because when they're as ridiculously expensive as they are in the US, you can imagine how bad things get in other countries.

I'm still rocking the same 16GB card I've had since launch.

Lol I'm still using an 8GB card. I mainly go physical so it's not much of a problem, but it's when games go on sale that I start regretting it.

Also, finally got my copy and am downloading the HQ audio, but I did check out the intro first. Did they use a different version for the games or did that small patch fix it? There was a typo before that said "the killing game with begin."

Zolo

Lol I'm still using an 8GB card. I mainly go physical so it's not much of a problem, but it's when games go on sale that I start regretting it.

Also, finally got my copy and am downloading the HQ audio, but I did check out the intro first. Did they use a different version for the games or did that small patch fix it? There was a typo before that said "the killing game with begin."

Yeah. I have an 8gb card because I haven't wanted to spend the money for a 16 or 32 gig.

BDrummer1606

Neo Member
This has probably already been answered. I’ve played the first two games, is there anything else I need to watch or play to get caught up? The V3 in the games title is throwing me off haha

Anoxida

About the VA. Is japanese fully voiced? Playing on english and I hate when the characters just throw out random words. Same shit with the FE games, this trend NEEDS to die. Either have proper VA or just have the text.

Top Bottom