• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony |OT| Monokuma's Battlegrounds

Got back from work just now. Danganronpa V3 is waiting for me because I left my computer on and downloading the whole day. What an awesome thing to come back to.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
About the VA. Is japanese fully voiced? Playing on english and I hate when the characters just throw out random words. Same shit with the FE games, this trend NEEDS to die. Either have proper VA or just have the text.
Most likely no if it's based on the previous games. It's only fully voiced during the trials.

If you still own a Vita and are still willing to play games on it, why the fuck haven't you bought a 64 gig memory card (or 32 gig if importing is scary) yet?

Like, I get that you won't buy a Vita because of it, but if your already invested in the platform it makes no sense to not have one by this point.

I still have a 8 GB card, because I mostly buy physical and it was what I got with the system when I got it for Christmas of 2013. I usually just delete stuff off my memory card if I don't play it anymore and already beat it. I just don't feel the urge to buy a bigger card, because of cost and stuff especially if I'm mainly physical anyway.

Just looked while typing this and it looks like my copy just got delivered! Time to dive in.

Kind of wish they'd had the JP audio separate from the HQ audio if it was gonna take this long to download... I was gonna bring it to work with me in about 15 minutes but it won't be done downloading for like half an hour lol.

And not surprisingly the headphones that came in the CE kind of suck.

Uubumaster

Neo Member
So what's the weight for the patch ? Not sure my memory card can handle it. And it's basically impossible to find in France nowadays...

UberTag

Got back from work just now. Danganronpa V3 is waiting for me because I left my computer on and downloading the whole day. What an awesome thing to come back to.
I had to improvise and turn my phone into a wi-fi hotspot because my Vita and router decided they were no longer on speaking terms.
Downloaded the whole game and the audio patch on my prepaid data plan.
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So what's the weight for the patch ? Not sure my memory card can handle it. And it's basically impossible to find in France nowadays...
The 1.01 patch that fixes some bugs is only about 110MB.

...If you want better quality &/or Japanese voices, that's going to be 1.5GB via PS Store download.

kewlmyc

Monokuma's voice seems way higher pitch than normal in Eng, which is odd since his non spoken dialogue "one liners" are in his normal pitch.

Very strange.

Surprising that people haven't melted down about BIG EARLY SPOILER
Kaede
yet, I was super fucking salty about it once I found out. You can decide if it reflects well or badly on the writing for that part. Got spoiled on it some time ago even though I haven't even touched the game yet.

MORE EARLY BIG SPOILERS:
I really wanted to play a female protagonist for most of the game at least, this shit would have been cool had they pulled that shit in Chapter 4 or something, but in 1? FUCK THAT SHIT. Instead I play as yet another visual novel shy awkward dude protagonist apparently. The dev's statements that Kaede is a 'tragic heroine' and she is considered 1 of 2 protagonists doesn't make me feel any better.
I feel absolute despair just like a certain villain in DR1 and 2 would want. Keep in mind I have barely any context and have no knowledge of the overarching plot, so I am yet to see how they justify it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Surprising that people haven't melted down about BIG EARLY SPOILER yet, I was super fucking salty about it once I found out."

Wait what? Either I haven't reached it yet or I didn't notice. Once the audio patch downloads, I'll be starting the Ch. 1 trial.

Fluloco

"Surprising that people haven't melted down about BIG EARLY SPOILER yet, I was super fucking salty about it once I found out."

Wait what? Either I haven't reached it yet or I didn't notice. Once the audio patch downloads, I'll be starting the Ch. 1 trial.
You still haven't reached it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
You still haven't reached it
Well, uh...guess I'll keep an eye out?

Also damn it, I forgot just how slow Vita downloads are. I always figured it was just my old internet that caused the slow downloads, but guess not.

Just got home from work and started this game on the Vita. It sounds like the character voices are muffled? Am i crazy?
Yeah, the voices were a bit muted on Vita. You'll want to download the HQ audio patch from the PS Store to make it sound better.

Oh, you haven't reached it yet. Oh no you haven't. Play on for a bit to see what I mean.

US and Euro audiences (us, basically) will be like this, especially considering the gaming environment these days:

6rz3j0b0dnnz.jpg

Wish I could be more specific but I don't wanna spoil ya.

caliph95

Oh, you haven't reached it yet. Oh no you haven't. Play on for a bit to see what I mean.

US and Euro audiences (us, basically) will be like this, especially considering the gaming environment these days:

6rz3j0b0dnnz.jpg

Wish I could be more specific but I don't wanna spoil ya.
I want to see how divisive this will get

Also damn it, I forgot just how slow Vita downloads are. I always figured it was just my old internet that caused the slow downloads, but guess not.

Yeah, the voices were a bit muted on Vita. You'll want to download the HQ audio patch from the PS Store to make it sound better.

Yeah, the audio pack I downloaded when I didn't have the game took a while compared to dealing with Switch and PS4 downloads. Even the patch is taking a moment for me with it taking about 8 minutes to download.

Don't worry, it'll be clear what you are missing when most have reached that point and it's one of the 2 big things that make V3 controversial

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Damn, at this rate, I keep expecting
Kaeda to actually be the murderer/somehow die
or something with how it seems to be the biggest moment from the game outside of the ending that left fans split in either loving or hating it.

.....WILL THIS DOWNLOAD HURRY UP SO I CAN START THE FIRST TRIAL?!?!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
UH OH

So I loaded a save that's right before the first Nonstop Debate happens, but.......aside from the text box at the bottom & then the UI, the screen is completely black.

Edit: So what the hell triggers a V-Counter? I hit the red spot & even have the skill that shows me where to hit it, but it doesn't seem to work. Am I not suppose to be using Focus to slow it down?

Just finished the prologue. This is a really weird and strange beginning, even for a Danganronpa game.

The first couple of scenes before the initial reunion at the gym seem to imply that everyone in this game are just common highschoolers that were taken and put in the new school, and the state of the installations makes me thing that the whole thing is a sham put in place just for the sake of the game. And after everyone got their respective makeover, it seems like they were brainwashed to believe they have Ultimate talents, so this setting has to be completely different from the past games.

And because of all that, Rantaro became a really interesting character. It looked that he recognized the whole scheme before the brainwashing happened, and his shady thoughts and actions when meeting him and in the presence of the Monokids and Monokuma are not making him any favors.

Capndrake

Surprising that people haven't melted down about BIG EARLY SPOILER
Kaede
(Case 1 spoiler)
I wasn't mad since I was banking on this happening before the game even released in Japan, lol. Kaede didn't have her own unique "No, that's wrong" sprite in one of the first trailers (it just reused a normal dialogue sprite IIRC) and the demo made it a point to specifically refer to her as the protagonist a gazillion times which was super suspicious. Plus after one game with a normal protagonist and one game where the protagonist was the mastermind I thought the "protagonist" dying would be a pretty likely next twist.

NotLiquid

Chapter 1 complete

I'm feeling the salt right now tbh (spoilers ahead)

I have to be honest, I was spoiled on Kaede dying in the first chapter but this was around a time someone told me that fake DRV3 spoilers were online everywhere so there was a sense of dread throughout the entire prologue the more interesting she became. When Rantaro was the victim I was excited for a short second until I noticed all the obvious death flags and prayed that it'd turn out to be Shuichi instead since it'd be such a cool way to just plummet all her hope and optimism, something to kinda scar her for the rest of the game... but instead there's this. I don't really care if Kaede had a noble motive to kill - even if all of that managed to tug on my heart strings, that still felt incredibly out of character for her. And how could she have known that the Monokuma Alert was going to noise cancel the ball? Her plan was incredibly flawed from the onset and no one pointed this out - I could've believed it if it was an accidental murder but it wasn't. I just feel really jaded about it all considering she was such a good character in contrast to previous protagonists who were essentially blank slates. Considering the struggle she went through I was hoping so earnestly that the game would be her story. But nah, DR always needs to pull a fast one for the sake of being a fast one. At least I know now how MGS2 fans felt. I'm already frustrated about the prospect of being stuck with Hajime 2.0. It's like Kodaka hates having good female characters.

Well whatever "divisiveness" is happening going onward I'm not expecting it to make me any more bitter than this so yeah man whatever.

Flandy

Heres my prediction for chapter 1 having barely followed the game at all and playing the demo. Haven't even started the game yet
Blonde girl you play as in the demo dies and you play as the robot dude instead. I'm basing this off the reversible cover in the PS4 version which doesn't even show the blonde girl and instead has the robot kid front and center

Puruzi

Banned
Chapter 1 complete

I have to be honest, I was spoiled on Kaede dying in the first chapter but this was around a time someone told me that fake DRV3 spoilers were online everywhere so there was a sense of dread throughout the entire prologue the more interesting she became. When Rantaro was the victim I was excited for a short second until I noticed all the obvious death flags and prayed that it'd turn out to be Shuichi instead since it'd be such a cool way to just plummet all her hope and optimism, something to kinda scar her for the rest of the game... but instead there's this. I don't really care if Kaede had a noble motive to kill - even if all of that managed to tug on my heart strings, that still felt incredibly out of character for her. And how could she have known that the Monokuma Alert was going to noise cancel the ball? Her plan was incredibly flawed from the onset and no one pointed this out - I could've believed it if it was an accidental murder but it wasn't. I just feel really jaded about it all considering she was such a good character in contrast to previous protagonists who were essentially blank slates. Considering the struggle she went through I was hoping so earnestly that the game would be her story. But nah, DR always needs to pull a fast one for the sake of being a fast one. At least I know now how MGS2 fans felt. I'm already frustrated about the prospect of being stuck with Hajime 2.0. It's like Kodaka hates having good female characters.

Well whatever "divisiveness" is happening going onward I'm not expecting it to make me any more bitter than this so yeah man whatever.

LMAO

LProtag

Okay, shit, I thought this was supposed to be separate from the other games but the intro is clearly saying otherwise. I never watched Danganronpa 3. Am I going to lose out on some amazing connections? Feel free to answer in spoilers but please don't actually spoil me. Yes or no or maybe will suffice...

Anyone playing this on a pc with lower hardware than the requirements? Away from my desktop and out of town for a few weeks and forgot my vita sadly.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Chapter 1 complete

Everything will be alright.

y u lmao man, dilute my salt if you think it's unjustified, I am a sad phalanx formation right now

Remember what I said about there being 2 big things that make V3 controversial? Well, nobody that reacts like this to the first one is remotely ready for the second one

Besides (overall game spoilers)
Shuichi is probably the best written main character in the series, which is why the first controversial thing is not that important

Also
the guys in the spoiler thread were wondering when we would see the first truly salty guy for this

UberTag

Okay, shit, I thought this was supposed to be separate from the other games but the intro is clearly saying otherwise. I never watched Danganronpa 3. Am I going to lose out on some amazing connections? Feel free to answer in spoilers but please don't actually spoil me. Yes or no or maybe will suffice...
Amazing connections? Not at all. You know all you need to know.

Heres my prediction for chapter having barely followed the game at all and playing the demo. Haven't even started the game yet
Blonde girl you play as in the demo dies and you play as the robot dude instead. I'm basing this off the reversible cover in the PS4 version which doesn't even show the blonde girl and instead has the robot kid front and center

I've been thinking the same but I haven't played the demo, only read up on some japanese impressions in the import thread.

Would be pretty cool and 'controversial' if we are right but in this case I hope it's not the 'twist' of the game.

Remember what I said about there being 2 big things that make V3 controversial? Well, nobody that reacts like this to the first one is remotely ready for the second one

Besides (overall game spoilers)
Shuichi is probably the best written main character in the series, which is why the first controversial thing is not that important

inb4 I actually like the 2nd twist

Puruzi

Banned
y u lmao man, dilute my salt if you think it's unjustified, I am a sad phalanx formation right now

I'm fully well aware I'll probably be looking back on my post with a sense of "famous last words"

It's gonna get worse isn't it

Spoilers, don't read unless you've completed chapter 1.

It's just funny seeing reactions having known about this for months is all

Saihara ends up being the best protagonist in the series so I didn't really care that Kaede died

All I'm going to say I spoiled games 1 and 2 and played them no problem. I spoiled game 3 and decided I might buy it used at some point in the future.

So yeah I'm pretty salty.

Audioboxer

Yay a normal Danganronpa game it seems. Really enjoyed 1 and 2. Will get 3 on the Vita at some point. Just seems right to play it on Vita given that's where I enjoyed 1 and 2.

Never went near whatever that Danganronpa action game was.

It's definitely possible since they are controversial for different reasons, but in general I've seen people react worse to the second twist

My worst case final twist guess would be
IT WASN'T REAL, THE CHARACTERS ARE DREAMING TROLOLOL
. LOL if that turns out to be the actual twist.

Top Bottom