• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DARKSIDERS |OT| More like Zelda than God of War

Kittonwy

Banned
cjelly said:

That's a really good score from Eurogamer, I'm still debating whether I should get this, I would snap it up in a sec if I didn't hate so damn much the fact that Joe Madureira is involved with this project, hate hate hate his art.
Indifferent2.gif

Tokubetsu

Kittonwy said:
That's a really good score from Eurogamer, I'm still debating whether I should get this, I would snap it up in a sec if I didn't hate so damn much the fact that Joe Madureira is involved with this project, hate hate hate his art.
Indifferent2.gif

Man Kittonwy, it doesn't matter what the content of your post is, I just fucking love kittens and you always put a smile on my face.

Chris R

Just looked this thread up after seeing someone refer to this game as Zelda like. No demo is a major letdown though. Going to have to watch a bunch of reviews and keep a look out for a 20$ off sale or something close to that.

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
cjelly said:
So I'm guessing you know the Edge score already? I don't think they've reviewed it yet, anyways.

Are you allowed to tell us or hint, at least?

No, I don't know the Edge review score, I wish I did. I have all but some of the latest Edge magazines and have collected them from issue 1 (I think I have their "0" issue somewhere too). It doesn't have a high circulation, but it's a great read.

Kind of fiending for a console Zelda fix after completing TP when it was released so this game has been on my radar for a while. The good reviews and impressions its getting are making it a definete must buy for me :) can' wai for Friday (UK release).

S1kkZ

you know what i love about this game?
no F*CKING quicktime events!

you press B or O to kill the boss and thats it. you can enjoy the great kill animation without the shitty qte stuff.

Natakuu

Banned
Well I've read enough good things about this game that its convinced me to give it a try. Probably get it in a few days.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

you dont exist anymore...

Maldoror

hdn said:
Sinnergy,

I posted earlier that we were addressing some of the technical issues on our return to work next week (before the game is officially released). I've been told a fix shouldn't be too major, but, I'm unsure how long the submission for patches takes to go through official channels before it's released to the public.

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I haven't seen anyone else talking about this issue :
All the menus, the cut-scenes, and the HUD are stretched just like when you put a 4:3 image on a 16:9 screen. The in-game sequences are displayed normally, though. It's not that much of a problem, but it's quite annoying. Am I the only one having this problem ? Is there a solution ?
I'm playing the Xbox 360 version on a 16:9 SDTV, if this can help.

Can anyone confirm 1080p in Darksiders ps3?

Also, I don't like puzzles - so I dont like Zelda's, I prefer straight action or Action RPG - do enemies respawn while exploring? At least then I can earn XP rather than just walking around bored...

MMaRsu

Banned
So I picked this up because I've seen some GAF members raving about it! More like Zelda? Sounds great.. I really don't know ANYTHING about this game, I haven't even read the OP :lol .

MMaRsu said:
So I picked this up because I've seen some GAF members raving about it! More like Zelda? Sounds great.. I really don't know ANYTHING about this game, I haven't even read the OP :lol .

Thats good enough! :D Enjoy it man!

TimeLike

cleveridea said:
Can anyone confirm 1080p in Darksiders ps3?

Also, I don't like puzzles - so I dont like Zelda's, I prefer straight action or Action RPG - do enemies respawn while exploring? At least then I can earn XP rather than just walking around bored...

Yes, enemies respawn so you can earn xp while exploring. I'm thirteen hours into it and the puzzles are starting to slow me down quite a bit now. They seem really frustrating but once you solve it, you won't believe how simple and in your face the solution was. Brilliantly designed. I'm the type of gamer that runs to a guide for puzzle answers, but I haven't had to do that yet. There have been a couple times where I tried to solve a puzzle for half an hour or so. Then I gave up and took an hours break, and when I turned the game back on, I solved the puzzle immediately. You'll seriously be like, "Damn! How the heck didn't I see that before?!"

Smokey

Was going to get this from Gamefly for PS3 but decided instead to rent it on 360 (already have Ratchet:CIT and Protoype out on PS3) along with Bayonetta. I got a text message from Gamefly at fucking 7 AM this morning telling me the Darksiders has shipped (I was pissed :lol ) so I'll probably get it tomorrow!

TimeLike said:
Yes, enemies respawn so you can earn xp while exploring. I'm thirteen hours into it and the puzzles are starting to slow me down quite a bit now. They seem really frustrating but once you solve it, you won't believe how simple and in your face the solution was. Brilliantly designed. I'm the type of gamer that runs to a guide for puzzle answers, but I haven't had to do that yet. There have been a couple times where I tried to solve a puzzle for half an hour or so. Then I gave up and took an hours break, and when I turned the game back on, I solved the puzzle immediately. You'll seriously be like, "Damn! How the heck didn't I see that before?!"

awesome, sold the game to me. I cant stand wandering around trying to solve puzzles (which I dont like in games) without any action at all.

another game in the queue behind divinity II and bayonetta while I play through Dragon Age (and tomorrow the ostogar expansion).

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
OP updated with tons of new reviews.

I really am surprised about how many 9's this game is getting. I was fully expecting reviewers to be giving this almost universally mid-to-high 8's.

soco

slasher_thrasher21 said:
So was it confirmed that the ps3 version runs smoother then the 360 when it comes to framerate and tearing?

the guy from the company said they were looking today to fix that and that they thought it'd be an easy fix.

soco said:
the guy from the company said they were looking today to fix that and that they thought it'd be an easy fix.

Oh really? I never saw that post! doh! Well hopefully its not too much of a bother.

Chrange

Banned
slasher_thrasher21 said:
So was it confirmed that the ps3 version runs smoother then the 360 when it comes to framerate and tearing?

I didn't really see much difference in framerate, but the 360 version has more screen tearing - particularly noticeable when climbing a rotating stair, but not so bad in combat.

Kittonwy said:
Indifferent2.gif

i love love his art! hahaha. thats why im buying it!!

SamBishop

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:
Glad to hear the puzzles get tough. So looking forward to picking this game up. :D

The last few dungeons may well break your brain. In a good way.

Thanks, Zealous, for including my review in that stack o' fun there.

Someone mentioned that TRU is having a sale buy one get 2nd 50% off. Can anyone confirm? I would so get this and Bayonetta day 1.

Also any news about adding new game+ in an update?

Oneself

kanugo said:
For those who were thinking on importing this from the US to PAL land, the game ISN'T region free.

On 360 that is, because I don't know of any PS3 that isn't region free.

EzLink

Banned
Okay, I finally watched some videos (before I had just read basically the info in the OP) and wow I'm very very hyped now. I just played the Dante's Inferno demo and it gave me an itch for a badass action game (because DI isn't one) and this looks perfect for that. Will definately be getting this week

MMaRsu

Banned
I've been playing up until the Scalding Gallow.. It's fucking great! I think I'm about to hit my first dungeon ^^.

Damn this game is awesome so far, it was good going in knowing almost nothing too, it's like the old days you know? I'm glad I'm doing the same thing for ME2 ( just checked out the first few trailers )

Yeah on the technical side it's a small letdown though, the graphics aren't that great, there's screen tearing and framedrops. But whatever, it's not stopping me from enjoying the game!

I'm playing on HARD by the way.. because that just seems the way to go ^^.

JohngPR said:
Just checked Gamefly.com and it shows that they are sending this out (PS3). Can't wait!

Yea, when I checked it at around 7:00 am cst their supply was already "Low". Usually on release dates their stock sits at "Available now" for a while. Sucks. I knew they would get Dragon Age from me today, but I guess it was too late.

OmegaErock

Neo Member
Toonami 99 said:
Someone mentioned that TRU is having a sale buy one get 2nd 50% off. Can anyone confirm? I would so get this and Bayonetta day 1.

Also any news about adding new game+ in an update?

Yep ordered both Bayoneta (360) and Darksiders (PS3) from TRU online for $90. :D

Top Bottom