• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ayer shouldn't get another chance. Suicide Squad is Catwoman level.

Edit: And yes, I am serious. Well, not really, I think Catwoman at least is on some level enjoyable to watch and has some value, Suicide Squad has none of that.

IconGrist

Ayer shouldn't get another chance. Suicide Squad is Catwoman level.

Edit: And yes, I am serious. Well, not really, I think Catwoman at least is on some level enjoyable to watch and has some value, Suicide Squad has none of that.

Literally any scene that Will Smith was in was better than anything that came out of Catwoman.

Ayer should get another shot. Can't really blame the dude when he went from pitching to shooting in a matter of weeks. He's a spotty director, but it'd be hard for anyone to really knock it out of the park under those conditions.

Ayer is super hit or miss, although he's arguably more miss at this point.

Him getting another chance is fine, I suppose, and he owned up to flaws of Suicide Squad. That said, him on GCS and not Suicide Squad 2 is a strange decision.

Ross61

Him getting another chance is fine, I suppose, and he owned up to flaws of Suicide Squad. That said, him on GCS and not Suicide Squad 2 is a strange decision.

Ask Margot Robbie. She got him back for GCS.

Ayer's highs are really good tho I give him another chance.

Bleepey

2016 Suicide Squad
2014 Fury
2014 Sabotage
2012 End of Watch
2008 Street Kings
2005 Harsh Times

David Ayer has not made a movie I have disliked. Whilst I don't trip over myself to defend Suicide Squad, I don't hate it nor do I get the hate. Fantastic Four 2, Catwoman, ASM2 are truly rancid movies. I recall hating IM2 and Thor 2 was truly stupid.

Penguin

Something else I thought of on my morning commute in terms of WB and the mini-Batverse. I'd note how certain movies are announced/showcased. Note most of the Bat spin-offs come with a creative team... a director, a writer/producer, etc and most of the DCEU slate comes from just having a brand.

What I think is happening is folks are pitching these ideas to Warner, and much like comics if you have an idea you really wanna do it's probably Batman-related. Like I'm sure if Spielberg came to them for an idea for an Ambush Bug movie we'd hear about that as well.

Essentially the DCEU slate is studio driven. The mini Bat-verse is industry/creative driven.

I think anyhow

Ross61

Something else I thought of on my morning commute in terms of WB and the mini-Batverse. I'd note how certain movies are announced/showcased. Note most of the Bat spin-offs come with a creative team... a director, a writer/producer, etc and most of the DCEU slate comes from just having a brand.

What I think is happening is folks are pitching these ideas to Warner, and much like comics if you have an idea you really wanna do it's probably Batman-related. Like I'm sure if Spielberg came to them for an idea for an Ambush Bug movie we'd hear about that as well.

Essentially the DCEU slate is studio driven. The mini Bat-verse is industry/creative driven.

I think anyhow
That's what I think too.I know WB has given us many a reason to think so otherwise, but soooo many people want to work on the Batman/Gotham myth is. So when directors in that can get in touch with WB pitch to them that's the first thing they're gonna bring up.

Sambrez_

That would make a lot of sense, but I would not understand the role of Geoff Johns then, he should be working on a global narrative instead of improvised solo story lines.

Penguin

That would make a lot of sense, but I would not understand the role of Geoff Johns then, he should be working on a global narrative instead of improvised solo story lines.

He is

The DCEU
MoS>BvS>SS>WW>JL>Aquaman>Shazam!>The Batman>Flash/WW 2 are the things he is working on and their core line.

Everything else, I imagine comes from many diff branches of WB... maybe even Johns... sure that's where the Booster Gold/Blue Beetle movie came from his relationship with Greg

Ross61

His and Bergs job is to steer the ship and make sure the cinematic universe adheres to to the core values of DC. Work with directors on a personal level after WB themselves have greenlighted the movies. Atleast that's the conclusion I've come to after accessing all the information.

Penguin

Ha cute little... collage I guess of DC "responses"

I completely forgot the Wan off Aquaman rumors

u77jeigk3thz.jpg

bryanee

Just watched Batman and Harley. It was fun, not bad and not great. I didnt really like Harley's voice though, it just didn't sound right. I was cracking up with what Harley did towards the end to
convince Ivy to stop

Just watched Batman and Harley. It was fun, not bad and not great. I didnt really like Harley's voice though, it just didn't sound right. I was cracking up with what Harley did towards the end to
convince Ivy to stop

Batman v Harley just needs to be understood as Harley retelling the story of an adventure she went on with Batman. Taken as such it works perfectly.

Penguin

Ha I like how Wonder Woman's been added as an important part of JL synopsis
Action Adventure. Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Think original

In the wake of Clark Kent/Superman’s (Cavill) death at the hands of Doomsday in BvS, vigilante Bruce Wayne/Batman (Affleck) reevaluates his extreme methods and begins reaching out to extraordinary heroes to assemble a team of crime-fighters to defend earth from all kinds of threats. Together with Diana Prince/Wonder Woman (Gadot), Batman seeks out cybernetically enhanced former college football star Vic Stone/Cyborg (Fisher), speedster Barry Allen/The Flash (Miller) and Atlantean warrior king Arthur Curry/Aquaman (Momoa). They face off against Steppenwolf (Hinds), the herald and second-in-command to alien warlord Darkseid, who is charged by Darkseid with hunting down three artefacts hidden on earth.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Whedon will get a writing credit, but not a director credit for JL

https://heroichollywood.com/joss-whedon-writing-credit-justice-league/

Director: Zack Snyder

Writers: Story by Chris Terrio & Zack Snyder, Screenplay by Chris Terrio and Joss Whedon

Based on characters from DC Entertainment, Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster

Producers: Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns

Executive Producers: Jim Rowe, Wesley Coller, Curtis Kanemoto, Chris Terrio, Ben Affleck

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Raymond Fisher, Jason Momoa,
Ezra Miller

Well yeah, its a zack snyder movie, 100 %, and im happy about that.

Not necessarily. From what I understand the main reason Whedon isn't getting a Directors credit is due to the WGA rule that states; other than siblings, a movie can only have a single director. Because there are multiple directors, the person who gets the credit would be the individual who contributed the most to the film in the said role. So while it is not entirely his movie, it's mostly a Snyder film.

Snyder did 100% of the principle photography. It's not unlike the situation with Rogue One. Tony Gilroy got a writing credit, but allegedly did a whole lot more. As I wasn't a fan of Rogue One, I hope Justice League comes together better than that did.

Penguin

So Etta's mission is a cute little scene.

It doesn't add much, but it's nice to see the gang after WW's adventure and of course the Justice League tease.

ryan299

From Justin Kroll on twitter:

So hearing at the earliest, SUICIDE SQUAD 2 won't go in to production until fall 2018 because of Smith's schedule with ALADDIN and GEMINI

If that film doesn't even go in to production till late 2018, when exactly would this HARLEY-JOKER spin-off happen.

DC isn't like Marvel where actors are locked for like 7 films, does any1 think Jared and Margot would go straight into these roles again

It's just something to think about when people ask the likelihood of that film happening anytime soon

and

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK update: Studio Back to work on script after recent presentations by directors underwhelmed execs

Ashhong

Not necessarily. From what I understand the main reason Whedon isn't getting a Directors credit is due to the WGA rule that states; other than siblings, a movie can only have a single director. Because there are multiple directors, the person who gets the credit would be the individual who contributed the most to the film in the said role. So while it is not entirely his movie, it's mostly a Snyder film.

That's a stupid rule.

But what about Lord & Miller, or the duo that's doing Captain Marvel?

Top Bottom