• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Trailer, Gameplay Will Be Shown For The First Time At The PS4 E3 Conference

Number45

From the creators of Halo and the publishers of Call of Duty. Helps sell the game, man.
Yeah, I should have highlighted the publisher part. Do they think people care, or just that people will assume they're in some way responsible for the quality of that franchise?

I actually forgot they were publishing this, so it's served a purpose in that respect I guess. Screw Activision.

says "the company that brought you call of duty"
Now that's weird, because I could have sworn it mentioned publisher. It's been a long week. :(

Yeah, I should have highlighted the publisher part. Do they think people care, or just that people will assume they're in some way responsible for the quality of that franchise?

I actually forgot they were publishing this, so it's served a purpose in that respect I guess. Screw Activision.

Most people don't know what publishers are. They'll just see people related to Call of Duty and how the game is from the creators of Halo.

Thorgal

To announce now that the gameplay premiere of the next big ip from the creators of Halo will be at the PlayStation E3 conference on PS4 following the disaster Xbone reveal is absolutely genius. Utter, utter genius.

Seems like Sony has taken a page from Sun Tzu's Art of war:

to inflict the most damage possible on your enemy, strike hard, strike fast and strike repeatedly.

Sony is currently doing all three.

bamboobimbo

Neo Member
Seems like Sony has taken a page from Sun Tzu's Art of war:

to inflict the most damage possible on your enemy, strike hard, strike fast and strike repeatedly.

Sony is currently doing all three.

MxmSgaC.gif

“In the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity”

Squalltdx

Not sure if I should make a thread for this or not but the trailer is now a commercial playing on TV. At the end it says "Coming to Playstation 4"

RazorEdge

Banned
Haha, I just finished the 4th season of Breaking Bad and I was thinking:
When did he get his face back?!
:-D

But nice trailer, really looking forward to it (the game and my ps4 that is ^^)

Arky Virus

Neo Member
I am excited for this game. Not just for the game though, but the story and universe that surround it. It has me interested. Giancarlo Esposito is endorsing the game on twitter which leads to wonder if he will have voice acting parts in the game. He is like what Nathan Fillion was to Bungie's Halo.

Nokterian

Smh at the beginning of this gif. It is not a movie and guessing people are stupid just to discover them self what this game is about. Thinking that Activision seeing this as there new CoD on the horizon and also a always online world. I am not feeling this at all just my humble opinion.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Smh at the beginning of this gif. It is not a movie and guessing people are stupid just to discover them self what this game is about. Thinking that Activision seeing this as there new CoD on the horizon and also a always online world. I am not feeling this at all just my humble opinion.

Wait until you see gameplay. This is Bungie, not the scraps of IW here.

Squire

Banned
I know, I was surprised to see a commercial for it so early. I'm not even sure if the game is set to release before the end of the year.

It's 2014 as far as we know. Early advertising for games that are months out is quickly becoming the norm.

I am excited for this game. Not just for the game though, but the story and universe that surround it. It has me interested. Giancarlo Esposito is endorsing the game on twitter which leads to wonder if he will have voice acting parts in the game. He is like what Nathan Fillion was to Bungie's Halo.

I'd be surprised if Nathan Fillion hasn't recorded a few lines for the game as well. (He stopped by the studio a week or two ago during a trip to Seattle, presumably just to say hello though.)

Bungie has some really cool friends - I believe Aisha Tyler and Alan Tudyk are fans, and I think writers Ernie Cline and George R. R. Martin have both visited the studio in years past.

Not to mention Jen Taylor (Cortana, Princess Peach) stopping by just to grab coffee with Marty. :)

ElRenoRaven

I'd be surprised if Nathan Fillion hasn't recorded a few lines for the game as well. (He stopped by the studio a week or two ago during a trip to Seattle, presumably just to say hello though.)

Bungie has some really cool friends - I believe Aisha Tyler and Alan Tudyk are fans, and I think writers Ernie Cline and George R. R. Martin have both visited the studio in years past.

Not to mention Jen Taylor (Cortana, Princess Peach) stopping by just to grab coffee with Marty. :)

I really hope Jen at least gets to do some dialog for the game. Even if it's just a cameo I'd be ok with that.

Other than playing GTAV, just seeing gameplay of this is my most anticipated gaming related thing of this year. So pumped. I hate that Sony's conference is at the end of the day. The wait will suck.

Concept17

Not really sure what you're saying, but this is being made completely by Bungie. The likes of IW or Treyarch have nothing to do with the game.

Also, dat music.

Hell yeah. Would love to hear some Fillion in the game. Dude is awesome.

Smart move from Sony. Activision is currently putting all their weight behind it to make sure it is going to be their next big franchise. So if it takes off, Sony will profit from it in a similar way than MS currently does with CoD.

Smart move from Sony. Activision is currently putting all their weight behind it to make sure it is going to be their next big franchise. So if it takes off, Sony will profit from it in a similar way than MS currently does with CoD.

now all that's left is to see what this game is actually like lol.

Have we actually seen anything of the game?

well, the full release of this trailer was held back, it was supposed to air back in december IIRC, but they didn't want to show the young boy and all the shooting and stuff so soon after sandybrook so they postponed it.

The main character in the trailer is also the young boy i think.

well, the full release of this trailer was held back, it was supposed to air back in december IIRC, but they didn't want to show the young boy and all the shooting and stuff so soon after sandybrook so they postponed it.

The main character in the trailer is also the young boy i think.

...what?

Wrong thread?

KageMaru

Can't wait for this game. Definitely my most wanted next Gen game so far. The gameplay at Sony's conference is one of the things I'm most excited about.

RoKKeR

Just made the piano phrase at the end of the trailer my notification. That alone, is honestly the most exciting thing I've seen (heard) from Destiny thus far, as it gives me faith that Marty will yet again craft an incredible soundtrack.

Looking forward to seeing just what this game is about at the PS4 event.

Just made the piano phrase at the end of the trailer my notification. That alone, is honestly the most exciting thing I've seen (heard) from Destiny thus far, as it gives me faith that Marty will yet again craft an incredible soundtrack.

Looking forward to seeing just what this game is about at the PS4 event.

Full track MP3 here: The Law of the Jungle

Vex

Banned
I am proud of Bungie for trying something completely new and entirely different from the norm. This game looks fantastic and I am incredibly excited to step into this world for a long time. However, they have not abandoned MS they already have that audience on lockdown, let's face it almost nobody is not going to buy this game just because they are no longer exclusively Xbox.

Bungie knows the Xbox crowd and will be one of the best selling games on name alone, however the entire PS crowd is untapped fandom for Bungie, they have sat back and envied Halo and the success that they have had wishing they could try it if they never bought an Xbox, but now Bungie releases their first multi-platform and they have to make a hard push at Sony to make sure they build their audience and what better way then to get behind Sony's new console for the first release with marketing, DLC, and first taste of gameplay. Bungie are marketing geniuses always have been and this is going to make them so much bigger than they already are.

I wish them all the luck in the world from a primarily Xbox user as they have given me some of the greatest moments of my 20 year spout in gaming and I hope they succeed on both consoles and everyone gets a chance to to fall in love with their games because this is a developer that needs to be shared, so everyone can experience just how artistic and miraculous their projects are.

Top Bottom