• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Trailer, Gameplay Will Be Shown For The First Time At The PS4 E3 Conference

Woorloog

Banned
but that doesn't mean they have to prove anything. Just that they don't plan to let their past successions blind their future endevours. If bungie can support this thing as much as they did with halo, then there's really nothing to fear.

I guess.
IMO they have to prove themselves after Reach again, though i reckon they can do that quite easily.
Still going to be careful, even though i'm very interested.
Burned myself too many times by being hyped.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Such as? I think bungie has more then proven themselves with marathon, myth, and halo, they have as robust a line up and as much quality as blizzard's portfolio, they're one of the most respected developers in the industry, and they're the kings of community engagement and support.

If anything it's activision that needs to prove they can support the IP.

I guess I'm obviously talking about me personally (although I know many that feel similarly). Bungie became a very different beast during the Halo years to connect them to past victories as well I feel, and in several respects I feel like they coasted on the IP. Halo 2 and 3 just did not leave me with good feelings at all, I genuinely revile ODST, and Reach felt like baby steps towards righting some wrongs but still not getting there.

Destiny is their full guns brought to bare once again, a hungry Bungie is hopefully a better one, and I hope to be suitably impressed. Maybe not on the same level as I experienced with Halo 1, but something close. That shaky first unveil was not a good foot forward.

iOvqrI8uPXYLn.gif

G17

It's Bungie.. it will have great open levels, great AI, and will be unlike any other Console FPS game on the market and will be a unique experience. Can't wait.

I guess I'm obviously talking about me personally (although I know many that feel similarly). Bungie became a very different beast during the Halo years to connect them to past victories as well I feel, and in several respects I feel like they coasted on the IP. Halo 2 and 3 just did not leave me with good feelings at all, I genuinely revile ODST, and Reach felt like baby steps towards righting some wrongs but still not getting there.

Destiny is their full guns brought to bare once again, a hungry Bungie is hopefully a better one, and I hope to be suitably impressed. Maybe not on the same level as I experienced with Halo 1, but something close. That shaky first unveil was not a good foot forward.

May i ask why? Personally i think ODST was the best fps game released this generation from a singleplayer standpoint. It's got great pacing, great level design, the best structure for an FPS to date, and has some of the best music and setting for a game. Its the only fps game that actually offers a good sence of exploration in the enviroment. While visually it's not the end all and be all, and the story was relatively meh, from a gameplay and design perspective I can't name a single FPS that even comes close to offering as quality an experience.

can't wait to see actual gameplay...finally!

I have a feeling graphics won't be too impressive, but gameplay and style could be fantastic.

Woorloog

Banned
can't wait to see actual gameplay...finally!

I have a feeling graphics won't be too impressive, but gameplay and style could be fantastic.

Cross-gen game so yeah, graphics will suffer probably.

Art looks good so far, IMO.

Gameplay... we'll see, i hope for the best. But i expect the worst.

Drake

I don't get excited for these type of trailers anymore. Actually when they don't show game play it pisses me off. SWTOR did the same thing. People had the same reaction "HOLY SHIT THIS GAME IS GOING TO BE AMAZING!!!" and look how that turned out.

I don't base how much I want to play a game by some pre-rendered CG bullshit. Show me some game play and then I'll make a decision.

AznSniper

Huh. This is pretty big actually... there's also rumblings of Battlefield 4 showing up at their conference so they'd have a good FPS showing with that + Killzone.

Where did you hear about Battlefield 4? We don't know if Sony had a DLC partnership with EA for Battlefield for multiple games to counter Microsoft and Call of Duty.

Can't wait for E3! Hopefully they show some of the stuff featured in the trailer in real-time, particularly the speed bike things and that huge enemy.

Ken

Felt like I was watching a Call of Duty trailer, but I guess that's the point with the "from the company that brought you CoD" thing at the end. So I guess I dislike the trailer.

Fi Fo Nye

Banned
Exclusive Battlefield 4 DLC for PS4 would be huge... Not as huge as Destiny's E3 reveal will undoubtedly be... But still huge.

The thinking behind it on EA's part might be that they'd get more DLC sales on PS4 than XO anyway, since XO gamers will be buying COD maps that PS4 gamers won't be able to for at least a month, as a result of the renewed COD deal... which is another reason why COD's season passes were an extra bitch slap to PS3 gamers.

My only concern is for Guerilla... I only hope Killzone will finally be able to set itself apart from the rest of the pack with better story and setting, rather than just better graphics. Guerilla should really just give up on the FPS market, though. Three Killzone games later, with two more on handhelds, and the franchise still can't garner any meaningful traction amongst any sizable demographic or spectrum of gamers.

Touch

I have to say I'm getting more intrigued with this game and we know nothing about it. I guess they are doing a good job. Looking forward to the SONY press conference to finally get to see what the game is all about. Is there a chance SONY have locked in some timed exclusive content deal or is this SONY conf reveal just one of those "no doubt it will be glorious on PS4" type showings?

Verendus

Banned
I'm surprised that people are surprised at this. Destiny was at Sony's PS4 unveiling. It's going to be associated with PS4 moving forward too. They weren't going to give them such an important spot and then let them be on their way. MS got COD or have had it for ages, this is what Sony got since it's a smarter move for Activision to divide their big IP and what they hope will become a big IP.

Also:
I don't think DX:HR's art director was overly impressed:

"I watched the latest #Destiny trailer & I jumped out of my seat when I looked around me & realized it wasn't 1997. Our industry is retarded."

https://twitter.com/Jonatchoo
He needs to shut up.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
If this game made it to PS4 launch it would literally be the best launch lineup of all time.

Also liked the trailer. Not loved like the live action halo trailers and in game announcements though..

We are ODST, Believe, Deliver Hope, etc were masterpieces.

Woorloog

Banned
If this game made it to PS4 launch it would literally be the best launch lineup of all time.

That would be crazy indeed.

(Looking back at Halo CE... it somehow became a phenomenom though it isn't that special game, at least not by today's standards. Besides, wasn't OG Xbox launch lineup a bit weak other than Halo? Not sure, didn't get Xbox in the launch.)

the irony of his game being shown as cgi first must be lost on him.

Was thinking the same thing.

Wow. Exclusive stuff back in action. Partnerships flowing. Love the next gen business side of stuff right now. So intriguing.....

My only concern is for Guerilla... I only hope Killzone will finally be able to set itself apart from the rest of the pack with better story and setting, rather than just better graphics. Guerilla should really just give up on the FPS market, though. Three Killzone games later, with two more on handhelds, and the franchise still can't garner any meaningful traction amongst any sizable demographic or spectrum of gamers.

If you actually play Killzone you'll see it sets itself miles apart with gameplay mechanics alone. Neither Cod or BF can even compare. It does need better story though, although honestly they all do. Its also unique in being sci fi. also, over 2 million copies in sales, its not going anywhere thankfully.

If you actually play Killzone you'll see it sets itself miles apart with gameplay mechanics alone. Neither Cod or BF can even compare. It does need better story though, although honestly they all do. Its also unique in being sci fi. also, over 2 million copies in sales, its not going anywhere thankfully.

2 million is an abject failure in the league they're playing in, just FYI.

Top Bottom