• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Trailer, Gameplay Will Be Shown For The First Time At The PS4 E3 Conference

Woorloog

Banned
It could be that Activition is just spreading out how they showcase their multiplatform shooters. Call of Duty is showcased at the MS conference, Destiny at the PS4 conference. Could be more to it than that, but it might just be Activision not putting all their "exclusive" eggs in one basket.

Ah, that's logical.

Will be interesting to see if Xbone will be seen as COD-box and PS4 as Destiny-device.

Wolfs cannot be found in jungles.

What about scifi-wolves?

Gui_PT

How do you folks know what this feels like?

You've seen almost nothing game related, you obviously haven't even touched it but you know what it feels like?

Looks nice, enjoyed the idea but I didn't get hyped with the trailer.

Can't wait for E3!

Woorloog

Banned
I don't know about that....PS4 will get Planetside 2 and it will be free to play :p There will be a lot of competition there

We don't know that, it is just a rumor.

Wouldn't bother me though, Planetside 2 + Destiny + some interesting exclusive would make PS4 a must buy for me.

Bet Microsoft wishes they would have let Bungie develop other games besides Halo... If so, Bungie would have never left and Destiny would be their IP.

I can confirm throwing money at the screen, does nothing. IT DOES NOTHING!!

Seriously though, I can't wait for some real gameplay and more news about this. It looks to be something amazing and.
I've always liked mmo's for their big persistent worlds, loot and coop questing. But i also like FPS a lot. So as you can imagine, i'm looking forward to this.

Violater

Probably not, last we heard was "Don't expect Destiny this year"

Well then good, let this one stew for a while, I would say a year after BF4 is released would be a good time for a new shooter.
I have little faith in KZ holding my attention based on how abysmal the MP was in KZ3, so there is a gap open for a competent space fiction shooter.

I have little faith in KZ holding my attention based on how abysmal the MP was in KZ3, so there is a gap open for a competent space fiction shooter.

I liked the SP in both Killzone games, but this guy is right! The multiplayer in KZ3 is beyond fucked up!! No team balancing, spawn camping, annoying bots and sentries everywhere, just those three things alone ruin KZ3 multiplayer

But I heard the KZ2 multi designer is back with GG. So that's good at least!

Mix

Destiny is going to be huge. It will define the new SWS genre as well as the old FPS genre. Bungie are masters of the art and I cannot get much more hyped than I already am. Come oooooon June 10th!

Please release this year as a launch title. Please please please pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseploxploxploxlpzooxpxlxoxoxp

Caayn

Not like they have a choice though, seeing as Activision is there publisher now. CoD will be at the MS presser.
Why is everyone Always taking the easy way out by pointing their fingers at the Publisher. There is no way that Bungie doesn't have a big influence on this.

Can't stop watching this teaser

I'm comparing everything we've learned from the world building video to what we were shown here.

Need an analysis video stat.

Spinluck

Sony siding with the Destiny IP, betting that it'll be the next big thing, potentially something like the next COD. While MS is going with COD again, which is probably the more safe surer route. Next gen is gonna be awesome, can't wait to see this game in action.

EDIT: Also, Gus for the win.

Holy shit, this looks awesome.

That this comes with exclusive DLC on PS4 will probably result in the PS4 being the winner of next-gen.
Is it coming out for PC?
If not, I think I'm going to have to buy a PS4 despite being a previous Xbox/Nintendo fan.

Sony siding with the Destiny IP, betting that it'll be the next big thing, potentially something like the next COD. While MS is going with COD again, which is probably the more safe surer route. Next gen is gonna be awesome, can't wait to see this game in action.

Is it really safe though? Each gen there is a defining series. But how often does that series maintain its dominance each new gen? Something new always comes along. COD itself sort of came out of left field this gen. Nobody predicted what happened with COD4.

glaurung

Really liked the music in the new Gus trailer.

Not a huge fan of the non-gritty, almost sterile character designs though. Feels hollow. But I suppose that's a problem with the FMVs in this trailer, not with the game render engine.

But I bet the game will look properly awesome.

Really liked the music in the new Gus trailer.

Not a huge fan of the non-gritty, almost sterile character designs though. Feels hollow. But I suppose that's a problem with the FMVs in this trailer, not with the game render engine.

But I bet the game will look properly awesome.

I certainly hope they borrow from the Halo aesthetics.
Not everything has to be gritty, you can have a colorful and imaginative sci-fi shooter.

Spinluck

Is it really safe though? Each gen there is a defining series. But how often does that series maintain its dominance each new gen? Something new always comes along. COD itself sort of came out of left field this gen. Nobody predicted what happened with COD4.

I only think it's safe, because the COD fanbase refuses to let the franchise wither. The franchise still has momentum, and I think it'll continue to do good. But I do believe that it'll catch up to them this gen, and some gamers will begin to catch on. I mean what they showed at the Xbox One was so technically underwhelming, and my friends thought I was lying to them when I said it was next gen footage being shown.

Don't get me wrong though, I really think Destiny has that Smash hit vibe to it. Color me dumb, but I really think the whole "From the creators of Halo, and Producers of COD" will catch the eyes of a lot of people who don't know as much as we do. But COD will probably continue to sell extremely well a little into net gen. I also think, and really hope that it will not dominate this gen too. It turned like 80% of games into twitch shooters, and any game released around it was as good as screwed.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
And this is when my self imposed media black out becomes painful. It'll be worth it when the game is in my PS4, though.

FUCKING GUS.
I'm officially hype for this.

Even if its just Halo-esque on PS3/PS4, i'd be okay with this.

pzgGXl.jpg

Kouichi

Man, I'm so excited for this game. I hope Bungie can nail the concept they have for this game.

This made me even more hyped for Sony's press conference.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Sony pushing Bungie is such lulz. After all those Mattrick handshakes and shoulder taps, this is where things currently lie with interest in Halo dropping off and Acti betting whole farms on this being the new hotness.

Bungie have a lot to prove with this game. I hope its going to look dramatically better than that first showing, and not in a "Halo 2 but not what we'll ship!" way.

It does have a good/sturdy look about it. I wonder if some of it has to do with the a more western market in mind, on some level the playstation controllers just always felt more eastern by nature. It was such a chore to play FPS's on the ps pad. The sticks were so loose and the triggers were horrendous. Not surprising when the eastern market is much less focused on shooters.

You are right.

But the PS4 controller has been imprinted by Western developers (including Bungie)

This will be a shooters controller.

So HYPED.

Sony pushing Bungie is such lulz. After all those Mattrick handshakes and shoulder taps, this is where things currently lie with interest in Halo dropping off and Acti betting whole farms on this being the new hotness.

Bungie have a lot to prove with this game. I hope its going to look dramatically better than that first showing, and not in a "Halo 2 but not what we'll ship!" way.

Such as? I think bungie has more then proven themselves with marathon, myth, and halo, they have as robust a line up and as much quality as blizzard's portfolio, they're one of the most respected developers in the industry, and they're the kings of community engagement and support.

If anything it's activision that needs to prove they can support the IP.

Woorloog

Banned
Such as? I think bungie has more then proven themselves with marathon, myth, and halo, they have as robust a line up and as much quality as blizzard's portfolio, they're one of the most respected developers in the industry, and they're the kings of community engagement and support.

It is interesting that Bungie noted that their past achievements mean nothing. Greatness must be always re-achieved. EDIT they said something like that
It was in some interview... *googles*

EDIT here: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/17/destiny-in-the-stars-exploring-bungies-10-year-plan/

It is interesting that Bungie noted that their past achievements mean nothing. Greatness must be always re-achieved. EDIT they said something like that
It was in some interview... *googles*

EDIT here: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/17/destiny-in-the-stars-exploring-bungies-10-year-plan/

but that doesn't mean they have to prove anything. Just that they don't plan to let their past successions blind their future endevours. If bungie can support this thing as much as they did with halo, then there's really nothing to fear.

Top Bottom