• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Destructoid] Leaked photo of NX controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Tbh it doesn't matter what Nintendo does, their next home-console has a high probability to flop anyway. So better go on full crazy and hope it makes some waves in the industry! Kinda like this mindset, even if this is fake i hope they can surprise us with whatever they come up with.

Griss

It's just so fucking weird and looks so authentically 'devkit-y' that there's a part of me terrified that it's real. Like, I genuinely believe this could be real, and I'm usually mega-cynical.

Odds are against it, but...

This is probably just paranoid delusions caused by NX info withdrawal.

Inumbris

Gs33UUE.png

What the deuce?!

Would it violate NDA to say what it ISN'T? Obviously people on this forum know, I wish they would just kill this thread if this isn't the actual controller.

Not suggesting anyone risk their job, btw.

Azalean

Banned
Doubt it's fake. Why would someone spend the time and money to make a real looking controller just to troll peole?

With that being said, I hope it is fake. Looks awful, although it could be a dev kit unit and the retail version will look different.

I'm so thirsty for NX news that I even want this to be real just so I know for sure that we have something confirmed among all the rumors and speculation.

It does look real bad, tho

BibiMaghoo

The design just doesn't make any sense. Why would you pay for, build and display games on screen that will be covered by your hands? What incentive is there to do that, for anyone?

That image looks pretty real to me, which makes me think it is.

Brofield

Watch Nintendo definitely scratch all plans of an official E3 conference reveal if they read these comments just to avoid loud boos from the crowd lol

Scum

Doubt it's fake. Why would someone spend the time and money to make a real looking controller just to troll peole?

With that being said, I hope it is fake. Looks awful, although it could be a dev kit unit and the retail version will look different.

Heh.

-Horizon-

Would it violate NDA to say what it ISN'T? Obviously people on this forum know, I wish they would just kill this thread if this isn't the actual controller.

Not suggesting anyone risk their job, btw.

NDAs would probably prevent anyone from mentioning anything related to it.

If this thing is real, I wonder how those nubby sticks feel, and how it would feel in your hands?

Would not be surprised at all if this is the controller to be honest.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

Have you met people? I'm assuming it's real because if you don't, there's no discussion whatsoever to be had (even if the only "discussion" is running away screaming at the sky about how Nintendo has lost it) but it's not because I can't imagine somebody would have faked it.

So I take it you're new to the Internet then?

I want to know how someone managed to get a straight-on bright lightsource from over the screen and yet still managed to have an ambient light shadow going off the back of it. The nubs aren't even centered, what the hell angle is that being taken at?

Fake.

Nah. Totally possible.

Wide-angle lens (like a smartphone) distorting far nub. Strong main light source is consistent with what you'd see with a window that goes up high near a ceiling (common in offices) reflecting in the screen with the shadow behind the object.

Lighting on the paper note is consistent with this, which would be an easy detail to overlook if fake...

(Professional food/product photographer here.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Looks dumb enough to be real, and expectant of Nintendo riding that second screen experience wave further into the abyss.

Er, so if this does turn out to be real, why does it doom the NX? Touch screen controls with haptic feedback would feel immediately familiar to a group Nintendo is hoping to connect with, no?

They are never getting the market they lost to smart phones and tablets back. Just aping touch screen controls doesn't magically make this appeal to the young and casual crowds that made the Wii a success. All they'll do I'd further alienate the enthusiast market that they'd apparently rather self destruct than make a system for.

Assuming this...abomination...is real of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom