• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did You Go To Prom?

No, the day after I learned that my crush got angry with her date and was looking for me throughout the night
I wish I would've went just to hang out with my friends, it sounded alright

Went twice. 11th grade prom was pretty tame. Date and I just went and hung out, danced, took her home. Pretty much a glorified date. 12th grade prom ended up in a hotel somewhere around 4 am. I had to race my date home at super speeds because of the hell that would have come our way if her parents had been awake before I got her home. Good times. The only thing that makes me feel bad for people that missed out on teenage sex, for a guy at least and in my opinion, it's not something that gets better as you age.

Jake.

yeah. was excited for it but ended up being shitty. i still got laid though which i guess was probably the most important thing to 17yr old me.

Nope. Didn't understand what the big deal was. Still don't understand today. I'm the only one in my family with 2 brothers and 1 sister that didn't go.

never ever went to a school dance, or thing like that. So decided to at least do senior prom. was kinda fun. we went to a nice venue and not lame gym.

Didn't go, even though a girl asked me. I couldn't dance, never drove, and was a fairly awkward teen in general. None of my close friends went either, so we all decided to spend that day at Disney Quest, which was a big arcade center recently opened at the time. Had a blast!

Yeah. They were about to play the last song so I was looking for my date and couldnt find her then I saw her on the dancefloor with my arch enemy with their arms around each other.

besada

Banned
Yes. Went with a girl named Bonnie and some friends. We spent most of our money on booze for the afterparty. We stayed long enough to eat and steal the silverware, then on to an all night boozefest.

I woke up the next morning in bed with a basset hound licking my face. Good times.

Neptonic

I went alone for senior prom and still had the time of my life
Kinda sad to see so many people that didn't experience that.

Yup. I guess maybe it was easier for me since I had a girlfriend already so asking someone to go with wasn't a problem. Didn't spend too much money or anything, plus I had never worn a tux before so that was cool. We had a good time, can't ask for anything more.
This was also only a year and a half ago.

Nope, was so socially inept in my high school years I knew it would just be awkward for me. No regrets, but was always curious what an actual prom is like vs. what you see in media.

I did, didn't have a date or go ride in a limo with people. Parents dropped me off, went in and had a fun time
Shit was basically like a night club, darkness x one spot everyone was dancing in, no slow dance songs until the last song but like half the people were gone by then.

After the prom party at my school was pretty fun, met a girl I never knew was in my year and we spent all night and morning together.

Yeah, and it was okay. Just felt like a winter formal/homecoming with less people you don't know. After prom is always better than the prom tho.

farisr

Yeah, I went to the prom of my old school that I hadn't been to in a couple of years (it was the area I lived in for 10+ years before I moved to a new one) with a few friends I was still in regular contact with (20 minute drive away). The 40-60 minute limo rides to and back from there were the fun parts. It was nice seeing some people I hadn't seen in a few years as well. The actual prom in general was meh.

Zukkoyaki

Nah. I went to a small school so Prom wasn't anything special because they couldn't afford much. Everyone who had gone previously wasn't terribly impressed so I wasn't interested.

Played through the first Uncharted game with one of my best friends instead. Finished it that night and had a blast!

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Yes, it was boring as all hell and I wouldn't have missed out on anything if I didn't go.

After-prom party however... that was a different story :)

gogosox82

Yes. Junior year was probably one of if not the worst nights of my life. Got in huge fight with my girlfriend at the time and we ended up breaking up. Had to take her home while crying her eyes out. Then went to a party and got completely wasted and throw up on one of my freinds g/f heels. She wasn't too happy about that. Was sick from the hangover for about two days. It was literal hell. Wasn't going to go my senior year after how horrible my junior prom went but got talked into it by friends and went with a girl who I knew from another school. That night went so much smoother and had a great time drinking and smoking pot with my friends after the dance. So I guess it was worth in the end but what I wouldn't give to have that junior prom night back. I would have had a much better time just chilling out at home with friends and playing smash.

I did to my senior prom. My friends and I all decided to get dates and go in a group together. Everything leading up to it was a nightmare but the night itself was a ton of fun. Our school had an after prom where they bussed us to to a bowling alley until like 4AM. there was an unlimited supply of fast food, ice cream, and candy. It was unreal.

No, unfortunately I went to high school in a rural Texas town of 30,000 mostly bible thumpers. I remember the girl I asked saying no, because it wasn't what 'Jesus would want'. That shitty as well as another event where I watched all the white kids sing 'All by Myself', while laughing and throwing trash at the ESL Hispanic students, explains my high school life. Hell, it explains rural Texas circa 2001, if not now.

Hypron

I didn't because I was out of the country at the time. I would have probably gone otherwise since all my friends did.

Lucreto

I don't go to our debutante ball (debs) in Ireland. I didn't want to go alone and none of my friends were willing to help set up up for the night but they helped each other. It didn't help that my school was all boys and the girls school was the next town over and there was no interaction between the two schools.

Anyway, someone got really sick with something and the entire party needed to be inoculated. You couldn't take alcohol with this stuff so people who didn't drink before hand couldn't drink after and the people who drank before they got there had to drink water until it cleared their system or had to go to A&E for the night.

EPoch

Neo Member
While I was depressed about not getting a date, I went in for free, people liked my dancing, and I hung out with friends. Unfortunately I didn't get to go to the after party.

sappyday

Yep. Had no date, got drunk during the prom cause without it probably would have been shit. The after party is what I remember the most. Just like 14 of us at a random hotel getting drunk as fuck. The funny thing is that I decided not to drink at the after party but seeing my friends getting super drunk for the first time was hilarious, and very nasty too.

Timbuktu

Where else do they have proms outside North America? We never had a prom, or any graduation ceremony or anything like that at school, only when we finished university.

Metroxed

I did not.

However "proms", where I'm from, are just called graduation parties and are much, much less serious than the American counterpart. There's no tradition of inviting anyone, you just go by yourself and usually it involves a dinner and party afterwards.

Dr.Phibes

Not really a thing here so no. We did however get stupidly drunk after our final exam. The best thing was that we had school the next day and started with 2 hours of PE. So much vomit.

No. Stayed in an played Metal Gear Solid 3.

The idea of going to an event filled with a load of people I never really liked outside of the time I was forced to spend with them seemed counterproductive to my happiness.

No.

I was also voted "king" of freshman sweet hearts or whatever it was called as a joke, I dropped out of that shit though I would've appreciated it if a teacher didn't take it upon herself to try and guilt trip me out of something I was already going to do. Mother fuckers, I saw Carrie!

Top Bottom