• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth NA Release Date Announced [Feb 2nd 2016]

kng3025

Damn, didn't expect it to come out this soon.
my newly acquired 64 gig vita memory card is ready
I wish they'd put up the Digimon World ps 1 games on psn.. Freaking loved the first one.

Stuart444

Wasn't it only the first Digimon World that was like that though?

DW1 on the PS1 and DW:Redigitize (and Decode) on PSP (and 3DS) and the upcoming Next Order game in Japan.

The rest of the games have been pretty random in the systems they use.

I hope after Next Order, they do alternating games, a Story game like CS and a World game like Next order/Redigitize/etc. Both work well and could be improved upon imo.

L.O.R.D

i have NA account
if i ordered the physical version for the vita , and paid for the DLC from the NA store , will i be able to use that DLC in the game ?
the physical version is EU

Awww yisss. Can't wait. BN aren't known for different EU+NA releases right?? Right?

i have NA account
if i ordered the physical version for the vita , and paid for the DLC from the NA store , will i be able to use that DLC in the game ?
the physical version is EU
Very Unlikely, dlc isn't cross region compatible most of the time. There isn't an announced vita physical version anyways.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Sweet it's releasing early in the year, so it won't get in the way of me celebrating Pokémon 20th anniversary.

You all better buy this game, I want sales to be good enough so that Namco localizes the other Digimon games.

From the same source as OP:

nCtyQWW.png

Didn't more people go to this panel? Why haven't we got a better confirmation?

That's a lot earlier than I expected. I'm guessing it'll be similar for EU since BandaiNamco tend to release their localisations around the same time everywhere. Not sure how I'm going to juggle this, Naruto, Mirror's Edge, EOU2 and Legend of Legacy but I can try I suppose.

Let's just consider the first part of 2016 a year within itself. It's going to take me at least a year to get through every game coming out.

Why is this game good? People seem excited about it but there's no reviews?

I put about 40 hours into the JP version before other stuff came and It got lost in the shuffle. It's actually a really good game.

The battle system is quite simple but the complexity and staying power comes from how you raise your Digimon. You can spend hours fine tuning their stats by evolving and devolving them (devolving them when they hit their level cap increases their stat potential).

Story wise, again, it's quite interesting and has a Persona/Summer Wars feel to it for me. Generally speaking, the game does as a whole, so I think it'll resonate well with a lot of SMT fans.

And of course the graphics and art are god tier for a game of this type. Pokemon eat your heart out.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So far this person's tweets have been the only sources for the panel I've seen. I wish we had better info. :/

We'll probably have to wait for Bamco to tell us.

urgh, well I hope it's true.

So we got a release date, pre-order bonuses, but no site had any staff there and Bamco didn't sent out PR? What is this

Hmm, I getting a sense that the game is going to be sent out to die, along with our chances of getting the other Digimon games.

Top Bottom