• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth NA Release Date Announced [Feb 2nd 2016]

Stuart444

Still no update on the EU date?
Cant find anything.

They will have something up eventually. They might have their own ideas of when to announce it. (while the US branch decided to use NYCC to announce stuff for America and all...)

Just gotta be patient :)

Cherubimon (Vice), eh? Yeeeessss.

I haven't seen any mention of the Demon Lord DLC (unless I missed something). Surely the west is getting it?

i-Jest

CONFIRMATION!

LiHnXYJ.jpg

rip physical vita version

omg, Beezlebumon (Blast Mode) and Cherubimon

• A black color variant for Agumon and Gabumon

• Beezlemon Blast Mode and Cherubimon,

• The Agumon “Tachi Yagami” Costume Set

• The Agumon male and female “Hero” Costume Set

• A “Useful Item Set.”

Jesus, Beelzemon is my favorite digimon too. They're really getting fans hyped for day one purchase. Count me in.

So how do these preorder Digimon work?

Do they just tick a box in the game that unlocks them as an evolution option for certain Digimon?

That seems like a really shitty practice, imagine if Pokemon locked evolutions away to preordering lol.

Waiting for $100 ce with a plushie.
Speaking of actual game. What's the gameplay like. Is it difficult or just easy?
What's the story about too. I don't want to go too blind in this lol

Wait is Beezlebumon (Blast Mode) physical only? Screw that, give him to me digitally now!

I'm going to assume it will be available for all digital purchases too, as long as you buy it within the first couple of weeks. That's how it worked for other releases.

So how do these preorder Digimon work?

Do they just tick a box in the game that unlocks them as an evolution option for certain Digimon?

That seems like a really shitty practice, imagine if Pokemon locked evolutions away to preordering lol.

If it's like the Japanese version, yes. For example, if you didn't have the BlackAgumon/BlackGabumon DLC, they and their evolutions were greyed out as an option for certain Digimon. It told you to get the DLC to unlock them. :/

Not quite the same as locking Pokemon, since Digimon evolution is non-linear, but I'm still not a fan of it.

Waiting for $100 ce with a plushie.
Speaking of actual game. What's the gameplay like. Is it difficult or just easy?
What's the story about too. I don't want to go too blind in this lol

Easy with some fun, challenging late-game side quests. The western release will add difficulty options, so I hope that improves the cake-walk portion of the game.

As for story, this trailer might help.

Awesome for difficulty option and not just make enemy have more hp i hope though lol

It will take some thought for sure, though honestly, some bosses could be greatly improved by just increasing the HP, lol. There was an early boss I took out in two hits before he could even do any damage.

If they can match the difficulty of the late-game side quests for all boss fights, I would be pleased.

I hear the online is random/ranked matches only. You can't play friends with the game. Is this true?

I didn't play much online, but I believe that info is correct. You could only battle friends locally.

If they were smart, they would change it for the western release.

i-Jest

I didn't play much online, but I believe that info is correct. You could only battle friends locally.

If they were smart, they would change it for the western release.

I don't mind adhoc for local play but we don't all live in Japan where that's all we need to battle friends. Anyway we can effectively communicate fixing this the western release for both PS4 and Vita? Twitter is probably our best bet.

well that's real disappointing if left unchanged

I don't mind adhoc for local play but we don't all live in Japan where that's all we need to battle friends. Anyway we can effectively communicate fixing this the western release for both PS4 and Vita? Twitter is probably our best bet.

They've been pretty receptive to everything besides a physical Vita release, it could be good to let them know through Twitter.

All you need is a good hashtag. ;P

BTA

I wonder if they'll allow multiplayer between PS4 and Vita. It's not like it's a huge concern of mine, but a friend of mine who's similarly been looking forward to this for a while wants to go physical and so will be picking it up on PS4 while I'm still thinking Vita, and it'd be nice to be able to battle each other still.

For example, if you didn't have the BlackAgumon/BlackGabumon DLC, they and their evolutions were greyed out as an option for certain Digimon. It told you to get the DLC to unlock them. :/

Oh I didn't even give the BlackAgumon/BlackGabumon a second thought beyond them just being skins. Is BlackWarGreymon locked as a preorder DLC by association?

Oh I didn't even give the BlackAgumon/BlackGabumon a second thought beyond them just being skins. Is BlackWarGreymon locked as a preorder DLC by association?

"Black color variant for Agumon and Gabumon" is bad wording on their part. While they are pretty much a recolor, BlackAgumon/BlackGabumon are completely different Digimon and have their own typing, evolution trees, and evolution requirements that come with their DLC.

BlackGarurumon, Greymon (Blue), BlackWereGarurumon, MetalGreymon (Virus), BlackMetalGarurumon, BlackWarGreymon, and Omegamon Zwarte are also part of it.

i-Jest

Is the the game suitable for older peope or is it aimed at kids?

I ask because I have the PS4 version pre-ordered.

If you like what you see in the gameplay then it really shouldn't matter. Look at Pokemon. You have people who grew up playing the games, and watching the show, during the late 90's now in their mid to late twenties, playing the game at a competitive level. Do you really think they care about age demographics at this point? You like what you like and to hell with what others might think.

I hope those pre-order bonuses will be available to Australia/Europe. I was aware of the bonus content released alongside the original Japanese version, but the addition of Western exclusive Cherubimon (Virus) and Beezlebumon Blast Mode is a cherry on top of the cake.

So Beelzemon Blast mode wasn't on the japanese game even as DLC? If so I'm glad they are adding more content to the game and hope they keep releasing new Digimon.
I really want BanchoLillimon and whatever female Beelzemon is called!

It will take some thought for sure, though honestly, some bosses could be greatly improved by just increasing the HP, lol. There was an early boss I took out in two hits before he could even do any damage.

If they can match the difficulty of the late-game side quests for all boss fights, I would be pleased.

inb4 dynamic scaling based on main character's lvl.

i-Jest

They've been pretty receptive to everything besides a physical Vita release, it could be good to let them know through Twitter.

All you need is a good hashtag. ;P

I honestly would but for some strange reason I can't send tweets. I get this message: "Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Please refresh the page and try again."

Can someone send them a message while I figure this out?

Sure. The few Vita to PS4 ports that I played had small areas to roam compared to other console games.

Yeah, there are no large, wide-open places like you might find in a console rpg. They do a good job giving you a variety of places to go, so even though each area is relatively small, it doesn't feel "confining".

Dungeons can get pretty large towards the end, but that's more "length" than "area".

Ultimadrago

How is the evolution progression mechanic in this game?

Is it more straightforward like Digimon World 3 or "Rocket Scientist-approved super complex fusion combinations...to turn Agumon into Greymon" like Digimon World 2?

How is the evolution progression mechanic in this game?

Is it more straightforward like Digimon World 3 or "Rocket Scientist-approved super complex fusion combinations...to turn Agumon into Greymon" like Digimon World 2?
More like the DS games. Very streamlined. You can see the chart of everything you can digivolve and dedigivolve into.
Digivolving just requires a certain level and some Stat parameters.

Top Bottom