• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ HERO 2 |OT| Bobby Says Knock You Out

Levi

Banned
Game justifies its existence just by dint of the fact that now you can buy a Wu-Tang shirt for your avatar. <3

Oh, yeah, and love all the refinements they've made since DJ Hero 1, and I'm really digging the soundtrack so far. I was a hater when DJ Hero 1 was announced ("mash-ups are so over") but I'm bouncing along on my couch while I'm playing this game. <3

Other than maybe Ouendan, DJ Hero has become my favorite music/rhythm game/series.

Now let me import my DJ Hero 1 songs already you jerks!

RotBot

I've played 5 online battles so far and every opponent has played on Medium or Easy while I'm playing on Hard.

If you're on PS3, add RotBot.

robot

New track pack up for download, whopping 640 points ($8 barf):

Hit Makers Mix Pack

Downloadable Mix Pack featuring ‘OMG’ by Usher ft. Will.I.Am, ‘Umbrella’ by Rihanna VS ‘Let’s Get It On’ by Marvin Gaye, and ‘Shutterbugg’ by Big Boi ft. Cutty VS ‘Return Of The Mack’ by Mark Morrison.

Anyone try it yet? Gonna check Youtube for clips.

robot said:
New track pack up for download, whopping 640 points ($8 barf):

Hit Makers Mix Pack

Downloadable Mix Pack featuring ‘OMG’ by Usher ft. Will.I.Am, ‘Umbrella’ by Rihanna VS ‘Let’s Get It On’ by Marvin Gaye, and ‘Shutterbugg’ by Big Boi ft. Cutty VS ‘Return Of The Mack’ by Mark Morrison.

Anyone try it yet? Gonna check Youtube for clips.
I'll pass, I'd rather have more Kaskade or David Guetta.

I don't mind the prices (the songs for sure take a lot of work and I'd be willing to pay $2.50~ for a song/songs I really liked) but bundling the songs in packs like that is clearly an anticonsumer move by Activision.

caliblue15 said:
This game is SOOOO much better than DJ hero 1.
Except for the part where you can't spam the airhorn sample. It's two steps forward, one step back.

Also DLC from OG DJH continues not to work, what's the dealio?

LegoDad

Neuromancer said:
Except for the part where you can't spam the airhorn sample. It's two steps forward, one step back.

They will fix it. I like that you can't spam the air horn.

RedStep

God, I want to play this more.... but Dance Central and Rock Band 3 occupy my time. What were they thinking, releasing 4 music games in a month (including the latest GH flop)? If they spread them out, all could be hits.

Neuromancer said:

yea, I loved spamming the airhorn too, but that shit got old after awhile.

RotBot

Fixed2BeBroken said:
yea, I loved spamming the airhorn too, but that shit got old after awhile.
Am I the only one who stuck with Flava Flav's Yeeeeeeaaaaaah, booooooyyyyyeeeee? Actually, I spun the dial around as you get maximum points when you use 2 different samples.

RotBot

I hate how there's no way to change your difficulty after you connect to someone else in an MP game. I don't like having an advantage playing hard when I meet a person playing on expert.

RotBot said:
I hate how there's no way to change your difficulty after you connect to someone else in an MP game. I don't like having an advantage playing hard when I meet a person playing on expert.
They really need to do something about that, at least give us the option to try to filter by difficulty.

mehdi_san

There's a new kind of scratch in this game, and I just tried all the lessons from the tutorial and they don't explain what it is. Does anyone know what I am supposed to do when there's a scratch with a small circle instead of the usual front/back arrows??

mehdi_san said:
There's a new kind of scratch in this game, and I just tried all the lessons from the tutorial and they don't explain what it is. Does anyone know what I am supposed to do when there's a scratch with a small circle instead of the usual front/back arrows??
Start by holding the button for a moment, then scratch.

LegoDad

mehdi_san said:

small circle then line, you just hold the button till the end of the line.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, I spent Friday night with a bunch of mates passing round the deck on DJ Hero 2, and it was fantastic! Everyone was bang into it, regardless of the type of music or the fact that barely any of us had played.
Whenever someone had a flawless section, or a sweet freestyle crossfade/sample bit it was all like "oohhhh!" :lol

I've gotta pick this up asap! Might even bomb into town tonight and try to find a cheap DJ Hero 1 + turntable, then grab the sequel standalone. I've seen it confirmed from multiple sources/people that there's no difference between the two models. So pumped!

According to Joystiq the update for DJH's DLC is now live.

I can't test it right now but the main question here is: will I be able to spam the airhorn during the freestyle sample sections? If not I will be very, very disappointed.

LegoDad

Neuromancer said:
According to Joystiq the update for DJH's DLC is now live.

I can't test it right now but the main question here is: will I be able to spam the airhorn during the freestyle sample sections? If not I will be very, very disappointed.

I'm pretty sure you can, as you can't use any of the DJH2 stuff.

Well I'm really disappointed. No airhorn. At least in the one song I played (When Love Takes Over), the only sample was a high pitched whine.

Well no point playing these songs in DJH2, I'm better off playing them in DJH1. 2 steps forward and one step back, Freestyle Games. If anyone from there is listening, please bring back player choice in the freestyle sample sections for those who want it. If it's too late for DJH2, at least consider it for DJH3. There were a lot of us who liked Flava Flav, the airhorn, and other samples.

Well off to boot up DJH1 again for old time's sake.

Edit: the one good thing I can say about this update is they added held notes to the old songs, which was nice of them.

Resilient

Neuromancer said:
Well I'm really disappointed. No airhorn. At least in the one song I played (When Love Takes Over), the only sample was a high pitched whine.

Well no point playing these songs in DJH2, I'm better off playing them in DJH1. 2 steps forward and one step back, Freestyle Games. If anyone from there is listening, please bring back player choice in the freestyle sample sections for those who want it. If it's too late for DJH2, at least consider it for DJH3. There were a lot of us who liked Flava Flav, the airhorn, and other samples.

Well off to boot up DJH1 again for old time's sake.

Edit: the one good thing I can say about this update is they added held notes to the old songs, which was nice of them.

The random sampling made every song sound incredibly stupid with spam?

LegoDad

bluebird said:
The random sampling made every song sound incredibly stupid with spam?

Yes it was, but we should be given the option to do spamming or the one we want.. appease everyone, not that hard to code.

caliblue15 said:
Yes it was, but we should be given the option to do spamming or the one we want.. appease everyone, not that hard to code.
Thank you caliblue15. Having more choice is never a bad thing.

mehdi_san

After a few hundred failed attempts, I finally found a good calibration setting for this game. Oh man it's like day and night, I can finally keep a multiplier for more than 2x now. And I just 5-starred a few songs on expert. Feels good man.

Got the game recently... it seems like a different music choice compared to DJ1. I'm not really into any of the new tracks. So far they seem to be mostly rap, hiphop crapola.

Darknessbear said:
Got the game recently... it seems like a different music choice compared to DJ1. I'm not really into any of the new tracks. So far they seem to be mostly rap, hiphop crapola.
It gets better, fortunetly. I was thinking the same thing.

I downloaded the patch to make DJ1 DLC compatible and I'm glad that FSG put some effort in as the charting now supports long hold notes and track specific samples. Good job.

360, PS3 and Wii!

Link

You have to sign up for some Coke rewards bullshit first but I'm sure it's worth it.

Here are the songs:

"Traffic" vs. "Louder Than Boom"

"Feel It In My Bones" feat. Tegan and Sara

"Knock You Out" feat. Emily Haines vs. "Young Lions"

parasight

I'm getting an error when I enter my code. Is it because my XBOX account is Canadian?

EDIT: Nevermind. I fixed it by re-logging. Thanks! I have an extra code for whoever doesn't want to register: 9VF4J-7DQH2-9K229-3DPTY-G6XTZ

Keio

For a Finer World
Neuromancer said:
No problem!

Also if you're reading this and you haven't gotten a code, act now! It'll only be free for a week apparently.
Thanks! Got the code! Now just looking for the perfect deal to get the game... <3 DJ Hero 1 so this is a no-brainer for me...

Neuromancer said:
360, PS3 and Wii!

Link

You have to sign up for some Coke rewards bullshit first but I'm sure it's worth it.

Here are the songs:

"Traffic" vs. "Louder Than Boom"

"Feel It In My Bones" feat. Tegan and Sara

"Knock You Out" feat. Emily Haines vs. "Young Lions"
As a huge Tiesto fan, these mixes are awesome! Best songs in the game hands down plus they are free :D. That being said they even make the tracks off of kaleidoscope sound good and that is not an easy feat as that album was not Tiesto's best work. Although anything mixed with "Traffic" is automatically full of win. Dj Hero needs more trance an this is a great step in that direction. I'd buy a full trance expansion disc if I could.

Classic_Gs said:
As a huge Tiesto fan, these mixes are awesome! Best songs in the game hands down plus they are free :D. That being said they even make the tracks off of kaleidoscope sound good and that is not an easy feat as that album was not Tiesto's best work. Although anything mixed with "Traffic" is automatically full of win. Dj Hero needs more trance an this is a great step in that direction. I'd buy a full trance expansion disc if I could.
You and me both!

From his Facebook page:

deadmau5 said:
157939_9980651805_6408703_q.jpg

hah. DJ Hero 2 came in the post today! was playing for a few good hours there... i beat the shit out of myself in that shanghai battle. :) epic intro tho!
:lol Awesome

snorggy

Gah! Would love those free tracks but us filthy canadians aren't allowed to register. Would anyone happen to have an extra ps3 code?

parasight

snorggy said:
Gah! Would love those free tracks but us filthy canadians aren't allowed to register. Would anyone happen to have an extra ps3 code?
Use the 90210 zipcode. That's what I usually do for these.

Top Bottom