• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJ HERO 2 |OT| Bobby Says Knock You Out

fun bump on here, the turntable bundle for ps3/360/wii is $49 at fry's electronics this saturday 11/27

i will most likely be walking out with it proud to now own!

Levi

Banned
I was told by someone that they sent me some challenges, can't figure out where to find them so I can pwn their score. Any help?

Levi

Banned
Neuromancer said:
They should be under Hero Feed off the main menu.

Nothing there. :( Do they expire? This was a week or so ago, I've just not had the chance to boot the game 'til now.

Ah,well, at least I can check out this free Tiesto mix. (Tegan and Sara?!? Fuck yes.)

luxarific

Nork unification denier
wienke said:
Free Tiesto is ridiculously awesome.

I would totally buy Tiesto Hero. Yeah I said it.

Me too. I wish there was more trance-stuff in DJ Hero to begin with (haven't had a chance to buy DJ Hero 2, so maybe there's an improvement there).

VsRobot said:
Nothing there. :( Do they expire? This was a week or so ago, I've just not had the chance to boot the game 'til now.

Ah,well, at least I can check out this free Tiesto mix. (Tegan and Sara?!? Fuck yes.)
Oh... I think they do expire or get replaced after a while, a week is probably too long.

luxarific said:
Me too. I wish there was more trance-stuff in DJ Hero to begin with (haven't had a chance to buy DJ Hero 2, so maybe there's an improvement there).
DJH2 is roughly about the same in my opinion, there's still a lot of rap hip hop stuff. More than I'd like.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Neuromancer said:
DJH2 is roughly about the same in my opinion, there's still a lot of rap hip hop stuff. More than I'd like.

:/ I'll buy it when it hits $20 then. I love the concept of DJ Hero, but the music I want to hear while playing the game is not the music they're packaging with it. Which is fine, I know a lot of people like the current set lists - I just think there's a niche for a more trance-focused product. (But given the ongoing death of music games, probably not a profitable niche.)

Some upcoming DLC I don't care about, posting only in the interest of public service:

Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii

November 30 - Hard Edge Mix Pack (480 Microsoft Points / $5.99)

* Pixies - "Debaser" mixed with The Prodigy - "Invaders Must Die"
* Beastie Boys - "Body Movin'" mixed with Lenny Kravitz "Rock and Roll Is Dead"

December 14 - Old Skool Mix Pack (640 Microsoft Points / $7.99)

* Fat Boys - "Human Beat Box" mixed with Mantronix - "King of the Beats"
* Tag Team - "Whoomp! (There It Is)" mixed with 45 King - "The 900 Number"
* Beastie Boys - "Triple Trouble" mixed with Tone Loc - "Funky Cold Medina"

December 21 - Linkin Park Mix Pack (640 Microsoft Points / $7.99 / 550 Wii Points)

* "The Catalyst (Does It Offend You, Yeah? Remix)" remixed by FSG
* "When They Come For Me" remixed by Diplo
* "Pts.of.Athrty" remixed by FSG

Track packs not available on Wii; all tracks downloadable for 300 Wii Points each.

Mr. Spinnington said:
fun bump on here, the turntable bundle for ps3/360/wii is $49 at fry's electronics this saturday 11/27

i will most likely be walking out with it proud to now own!
Yeah, I saw that at the Fry's sale. I'm glad to see some people took advantage of it.

Tony Hawk's Shred had the same deal . . . but that game is shit. DJ Hero has great reviews.

Babalu.

I really really want this game. I can't believe I missed the FRY's deal...I drove right by it that day...

I'm not even sure why I want this game, I barely liked the first one. THe music was awesome but it was very hard for me for some reason. I've played all the guitar hero's and am a expert but this game was hard. I couldn't find a good way to play, my fingers would always slip off the turntable when scratching and off the buttons. So I played like 10-15 songs and ended up selling it.

But the music seems great in this one and I really want to give it another shot.

There's just no way i'm paying that much for it.

I guess i'm just going to have to wait to play until its $50 and under for the turntable bundle on 360.

bummer. I just setup my new house and got an awesome surround sound setup going. Would love to blast this on it.

Fixed1979

Babalu. said:
I couldn't find a good way to play, my fingers would always slip off the turntable when scratching and off the buttons. So I played like 10-15 songs and ended up selling it.

If you're fingers were slipping then you weren't doing it right, your thumb must be on the side of the turntable. If it's still slipping on you and you're using your thumb then you got some greasy fingers.

In case anybody wants to grab this game, $50 bucks new at Gamestop for the Turntable Bundle. Online and B&M. Picked this up today. So good. I wish there were more Daft Punk songs though, might have to go hunt down the first game so I can play those songs.

I have the first game and I'm considering getting the second. I'm not feeling the artists as much this time though (I loathe Lil' Wayne).

I hope there's a third game.

Firehead

Any tips for the the scratches that are like "> < > < > > > < > < < < / >>>>> / <<<<<"? I still don't know how to do those... I've tried letting go of the button and then scratching in the same direction again but it never works properly. It either cancels the scratch out or I over-spin, losing control of the the turntable.

I can't stop listening to {I'm Not Alone vs. Show Me Love} since 4 days until now, can't stop.. playing it, mp3 while driving my car and even on my iPhone <3

I just look back at when I bought DJ Hero 1 for $120, and I curl up into a ball and cry. :lol

Anyway Black Friday is notorious for having the best deals all year, can't compete with them usually.

Sai-kun

Banned
Wow, the Linkin Park mix pack was awesome. They took one of my favorite LP songs evarrr and made it even more awesome.

Huge props.

woodypop

RedStep said:
If you're in the market for the turntable case/stand (like the Renegade Edition had), Best Buy's got it for $4.99 / free shipping right now.
Cool. Definitely gonna pick up a couple.

EDIT: Grabbed the last two on the floor. Clerk was surprised how cheap they were, too. lol

woodypop

So I got the turntable case/stand, but I have a question:

It came with a loose, about 1.5-inch square piece of rubber (one side sticky) inside the case. What am I supposed to do with it?

woodypop

Was playing some DJ Hero 1 today on PS3 and noticed that a small yellow microphone icon would appear below my score. What does that mean?

Also, I didn't dl the "Just Dance" Lady Gaga/"Ghosts n' Stuff" Deadmau5 track when it was released as a single back in June. I think it was free at the time. Is there any way to get that track now?

woodypop said:
So I got the turntable case/stand, but I have a question:

It came with a loose, about 1.5-inch square piece of rubber (one side sticky) inside the case. What am I supposed to do with it?
No idea!

woodypop said:
Was playing some DJ Hero 1 today on PS3 and noticed that a small yellow microphone icon would appear below my score. What does that mean?

Also, I didn't dl the "Just Dance" Lady Gaga/"Ghosts n' Stuff" Deadmau5 track when it was released as a single back in June. I think it was free at the time. Is there any way to get that track now?
Again no idea.

Unfortunetly I'm pretty sure that track was a limited time thing. The good news is if you end up getting DJ Hero 2, that's one of the songs.

tsigo

This game's online is a fucking joke. No penalty for quitting and it doesn't give me the win when someone else quits? Fuck off.

tsigo said:
This game's online is a fucking joke. No penalty for quitting and it doesn't give me the win when someone else quits? Fuck off.
Yeah it was pretty poorly planned. I didn't have too many people quitting on me though.

tsigo

Tonight I probably got matched up 15 times, say 9 of those times they quit before the match starts, 4 leave after they start losing and I complete 2 games, one of which I lost (but somehow I managed not to quit after I started losing. Amazing!).

Holy shitballs

New DJ Hero 2 DLC adds 'Trance Anthems' today

* "For An Angel" by Paul Van Dyk vs. "9PM Till I Come" by ATB
* "Not Over" by Paul Oakenfold ft. Ryan Tedder
* "Punk" by Ferry Corsten vs. "Imagine" Armin Van Buuren

Via Joystiq. Will buy!

"For An Angel" by Paul Van Dyk vs. "9PM Till I Come" by ATB is amazing. One of the best DJ Hero tracks yet. The other two I can't get into as much. Also have I mentioned how much I miss the airhorn sample? Would have gone great with this track pack. When DJ Hero 3 comes out FSG better give me the option or they're getting some nasty handwritten letters.

EYEL1NER

Neuromancer said:
"For An Angel" by Paul Van Dyk vs. "9PM Till I Come" by ATB is amazing. One of the best DJ Hero tracks yet. The other two I can't get into as much. Also have I mentioned how much I miss the airhorn sample? Would have gone great with this track pack. When DJ Hero 3 comes out FSG better give me the option or they're getting some nasty handwritten letters.
Wow, I kinda want that. I will probably wait until the pack goes on sale during another Activision sale, but I still want it.

tsigo said:
Tonight I probably got matched up 15 times, say 9 of those times they quit before the match starts, 4 leave after they start losing and I complete 2 games, one of which I lost (but somehow I managed not to quit after I started losing. Amazing!).
Yeah OK you're right. Played tonight and already ran into 2 quitters.

What the game should do is A) count it as a win for you and B) let you keep playing if you want until the end of the song. Nothing is more jarring in a music rhythm game than being in the middle of a song and having the music screech to a halt and kick you out of the game because of some douche who can't handle losing.

Oh yeah and C) put the chronic quitters against each other and out of the general population.

DiscoJer

This is why I think DJ Hero really should have different discs/editions, like Rock Band/GH did with bands.

Dance music genres are just too different. I would be all over this game if it had a trance version (and not just 10 year old songs like in this pack). Or one just for disco. Or even just house. But not that pop-rap-hip hop in the original game.

DiscoJer said:
This is why I think DJ Hero really should have different discs/editions, like Rock Band/GH did with bands.

Dance music genres are just too different. I would be all over this game if it had a trance version (and not just 10 year old songs like in this pack). Or one just for disco. Or even just house. But not that pop-rap-hip hop in the original game.
I agree, I think there should be at least 2 versions- one trance/electronic themed and one rap/hip hop themed with some common pop stuff in between.

That leads me to think about what they could do for DJ Hero 3- will we even see it? I think this one sold very poorly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
DJ Hero 2 w/turntable is $39 at Amazon - USA only. Can't recommend it enough!!!

Top Bottom