• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

V_Arnold

It's the same as the demo then. Thanks for the info.

Yep. Also, just tried now: the demon dodge + Arbiter still pretty much breaks the style meter. All one needs to do is to do one, and hit 2-3 enemies and it is S-SS levels, depending on how lucky that launcher is in the chain. Did not go up to SSS, but still.

I still hate that weapon, and there are more stylish ways of getting to SSS that involve using every OTHER weapon, so I will continue ignoring it as much as possible. And it is not like that the style of the combo itself is determined by that letter. Still, they could have scaled down the style gains :(

koryuken

So you missed the thread where Capcom basically said they wanted to buy in NT.

Fuck this shit. I am voting with my wallet, hopefully they change their mind.

I want a game more akin to DMC3. I feel like they took a step back with DMC4...and then an even larger step back with this shit.

Drop - In the air R2 + O - This is essentially the aerial version of Tremor. Dante brings down the Arbiter like Helm Breaker and releases a shockwave that launches enemies.

I had this doubt from the demo, and I am still not sure about when this move connects exactly. Only when you land? Because every time I try to jump cancel as I would do with Helm Breaker, the move is not registered in the style meter.

The same happens here at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGbrlGwZmFk 0:40

No style points, I presume also no damage...

Tiduz

Eurogaime
im really enjoying it so far, just unlocked osiris, i can tell you can do some pretty amazing combo's, jump cancelling ftw.

Game doesnt nearly deserve the hate it gets, as a devil may cry game sure its different, but its a pretty awesome game in itself!

V_Arnold

Game doesnt nearly deserve the hate it gets, as a devil may cry game sure its different, but its a pretty awesome game in itself!

Agreed. When I woke up and went through the thread, I was quite suprised to see comments like "DmC has no appeal whatsoever" - what the fuck? The whole game is its own appeal. Amazing design, great combat engine (yeah, yeah, not true DMC, that is a given at this point.), lots of secrets. I do not understand why the NO FUN ALLOWED table has been placed.

Akainu

I just wish I had the money. The only game I can afford is Ni no Kuni and I got that with a discount. I didn't realize this was coming out so soon.

S1kkZ

played the first 2 hours so far and i think its a really good game.

-hated every ninja theory game
-love dmc 1, 3, disliked 4 and hated 2.

the hate for this game is so fucking stupid.

Momentary

Banned
By your guys own admittance few people who played previous entries played them at that level. I know I never did and I still beat them and enjoyed them. And for me and most of the people who have enjoyed the previous entries, this game will likely be just as fun. But I feel like there is no room for our fun conversation for all the baying at the moon. That is actually one reason I hope someone makes a PC thread so I can have a place to talk about the game outside of this circus because I assume most of those outraged are probably playing on consoles.

Most people that I know that are outraged are getting it on PC because of the crappy framerate on the console version. And most of them care about the deeper gameplay mechanics of the previous DMC games. So I don't think you're going to find solace on the PC OT if one ever got created.

The DMC games have always catered to lower skilled gamers who just like mindless button mashing along with catering to those who wanted deeper gameplay mechanics. Now they only have a combat system that's just below an intermediate level of skill and alienated all those people who loved making stylish offensive/defensive maneuvers that actually took having to practice to do so.

Hopefully the shmup, fighitng, and rts genres never get overrun with low skilled-only gameplay mechanics to create less of a skill gap between those that like to practice a game and those who just like to roll their face on an arcade stick, controller, or keyboard and see cool stuff happen on the screen. Things have gotten exponentially worse since Dragon Age II was released.

Even with all this said, I have the game ready to for download on Steam and I can't wait to play it. But I know it's just not going to give me that same rewarding feeling from combat like previous installments did.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
dont know if this was known, this is not spoiler stuff, but ill upload two pics now,

There is in the extra menus a PRIZE CODE option, 8 letters/numbers so it is not for PSN Codes.

and in costumes you can unlock them in game, so it seems the dlc is just for lazy people?

edit:

anyone know about the prize code stuff?

Nemesis_

Have we got a list of the confirmed unlockables yet? I know Bloody Palace is post-launch DLC but anything else?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I don't get it. Why can they break the street date?

i actually speak with them about this in the store a few times, contrary to peoples believe they actually DO get permission to sell it early.

Nedgame does it differently, they sell stuff week early to a friend of mine and then make a receipt at release he can pick up... so i dont get the gm hate at all.

played the first 2 hours so far and i think its a really good game.

-hated every ninja theory game
-love dmc 1, 3, disliked 4 and hated 2.

the hate for this game is so fucking stupid.

I'm a massive DMC (1, 3, 4) fan and have considered participating in truestyle tournaments and just from the demo this game fucking owns

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i am getting some weird audio glitches using my elite wireless headset, its like the levels are out of whack, it goes from soft to hard soft hard etc.

kinda annoying :/

Ein Bear

Any word on version differences? I'm leaning towards PS3 since I prefer the controller for DMC games, but UE3 usually favours the 360.

*sigh* Why didn't they just use MT Framework like the last one?

Any word on version differences? I'm leaning towards PS3 since I prefer the controller for DMC games, but UE3 usually favours the 360.

Because MT Framework doesn't have english documentation. Same reason why Dead Rising 2 was not on the Framework engine.

I remember an analysis of the demo showed the PS3 version to have pretty significant issues, but I don't recall the specifics. PC is the version to get, if you can.

This game is in UE3 because the developers were familiar with it, and MT is a proprietary Capcom engine with no English documentation, so it wasn't used.

Necrovex

I'll eventually pick this game up during a sale. I loved Heavenly Sword, found Enslaved decent-to-meh, so I am willing to see if DMC reaches the greatness that HS was at (in terms of presentation and storytelling).

Ahasverus

Impression I've read have been EXTREMELY positive,I don't know if they are DMC fans (I bet not) but some people are calling it goty already (ha!) so I think Capcom didin't miss the mark this time. Here's hoping its sequel gets more hardcore.

What are you talking about? Who are you talking to?.gif

Thread's been worth reading since OP.

Oh yeah sure, for anyone who's been down on the game since it was announced, I'd imagine this thread has been pure wanking material. For the rest of us who are genuinely hyped for the game and interested in playing it though, it certainly is nice to see some feedback from people who, y'know, are actually playing the full finished product.

Has anyone with the PS3 retail version tried playing the game with the Sony wireless stereo headset?

When playing the demo the sound cuts out for half a second every now and then. Just wondering if this was fixed or not.

I wasn't interested in picking this up until I played the demo. Since then I've probably played the demo more times than I've ever played any demo.

V_Arnold

I am just happy to see that the platforming and the traversal (not the challenges, but simply moving around) is SOOOO satisfying, it is leagues above anything else that is non-Bayonetta. It is insane. *

And still waiting for my linear corridors to hit me. Quite a lot of room to look for secrets.

*This does not mean that the combat is bad, but the non-combat movement was brought up a few days/weeks ago, so I wanted to come back to it, now that I have the final game :p

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Has anyone with the PS3 retail version tried playing the game with the Sony wireless stereo headset?

When playing the demo the sound cuts out for half a second every now and then. Just wondering if this was fixed or not.

I wasn't interested in picking this up until I played the demo. Since then I've probably played the demo more times than I've ever played any demo.

a few posts up i posted about this, im glad it isnt my ps3 tho! Maybe there will be a day one patch since the game isnt officially out yet.

i just got up to the
Virility FUCK YOU FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU boss

And the enemies DEFINATELY are challenging, this is NOT press 1 button to win.

for the record i finished DMC3 and DMC4 on DMD mode. and also DMC1 and 2.

a few posts up i posted about this, im glad it isnt my ps3 tho! Maybe there will be a day one patch since the game isnt officially out yet.

i just got up to the
Virility FUCK YOU FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU boss

And the enemies DEFINATELY are challenging, this is NOT press 1 button to win.

for the record i finished DMC3 and DMC4 on DMD mode. and also DMC1 and 2.

but...but... people played the demo and watched videos on youtube! Come on... who am I supposed to believe? ;)

My copy is due today according to tracking :D

Aesthet1c

It sucks waiting for the PC release... We are still like two weeks out. I'm half tempted to just grab the 360 copy on Tuesday.

Top Bottom