• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Varth

a few posts up i posted about this, im glad it isnt my ps3 tho! Maybe there will be a day one patch since the game isnt officially out yet.

i just got up to the
Virility FUCK YOU FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU boss

And the enemies DEFINATELY are challenging, this is NOT press 1 button to win.

for the record i finished DMC3 and DMC4 on DMD mode. and also DMC1 and 2.

Dunno. I'm not THIS great of a player, and only on DMD I started to feel very pressured. Personally, I would have made Son of Sparda difficulty available from the start, or maybe unlockable after an in-game evaluation of grades after first levels. Sort of inverse "ninja dog" difficulty unlock.

But I concur that enemies DO require attention and strategy. 3rd time in, I'm still finding new ways to manage the more annoying enemies with angel/demon pull and putting one against the other, and still can't defend from chainsaw guys effectively.

While I'm trying to swing myself around and get more positive on this game, I'm wondering; what's there to do exactly after finishing the campaign? With the style system messed up (referring more to the ranking degradation and final ranking being heavily weighted towards style), getting SSS on SoS shouldn't take all that long. Once you've knocked that out, what then?

I'm about 1/3 of the way towards pre-ordering the PC version but every time I'm getting close my index finger abstains

Varth

While I'm trying to swing myself around and get more positive on this game, I'm wondering; what's there to do exactly after finishing the campaign? With the style system messed up (referring more to the ranking degradation and final ranking being heavily weighted towards style), getting SSS on SoS shouldn't take all that long. Once you've knocked that out, what then?

Bloody Palace, I guess. But yea, truth is, the grade system/weapon balance is THE issue of the game. Asked about it, hoping to get an answer before I close my review.

Pejo

Gold Member
You know, I was totally against this game on its announcement. I hated the new Dante, the 30FPS, the combat changes etc. But now I am going to go after work and pre-order it. At GameStop no less.

I'm part of the problem.

There's just a small part of me that hopes the game is good, there's another part of me that's missed DMC since 4 and I just need that stylish action game fix.

And then there's that tiny teeny part of me that hopes that mop head joke ends up being an unlockable skin. >_>

Ein Bear

I can get past the 30fps. I can get past the new Dante. I can get past the dumb story.

But I've played the demo over and over, and I just can't get over the lack of lock-on. It's such an integral part of the way I play these games. Taking it out makes the Stinger clunky to pull off, and means they have to waste an entire button just for High Time - it's crazy.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I can get past the 30fps. I can get past the new Dante. I can get past the dumb story.

But I've played the demo over and over, and I just can't get over the lack of lock-on. It's such an integral part of the way I play these games. Taking it out makes the Stinger clunky to pull off, and means they have to waste an entire button just for High Time - it's crazy.

Lock-on is archaic. Welcome to your streamlined future.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You know, I was totally against this game on its announcement. I hated the new Dante, the 30FPS, the combat changes etc. But now I am going to go after work and pre-order it. At GameStop no less.

I'm part of the problem.

There's just a small part of me that hopes the game is good, there's another part of me that's missed DMC since 4 and I just need that stylish action game fix.

And then there's that tiny teeny part of me that hopes that mop head joke ends up being an unlockable skin. >_>

Why don't you just rent it? I dunno. Your purchase is a clear vote for the new direction.

1 was fairly solid outside of some silliness. Best environment and Mundus was a good antagonist. People will point out the "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight" thing, ignoring that, the story was pretty solid.

Lucia was hot

The bro thing was really well done in 3. It was probably the greatest clash of bros I've seen. The ending was really good too. Manly tears were shed

4 had a piece of shit story
MY MAN! Especially relate to the bolded.
denzel_intro.jpg

Carbonox

Horrible news if true. Fuck :(

Yeah absolutely tarded. Maybe they could patch him in. Only makes sense for him to be playable in it.

Maybe their reasoning is that they want Vergil's Downfall to be the only way to play as him for now as an incentive. Then later on they'll add him to BP.

Pejo

Gold Member
Why don't you just rent it? I dunno. Your purchase is a clear vote for the new direction.

Mainly for Vergil DLC and because i have the money to buy it. Rental places in my town are sketchy at best. Don't think I don't feel dirty about it though.

iavi

We haven't even gotten word on whether or not the PC version is getting Vergil's Downfall. lol

This is annoying.

sflufan

Banned
We haven't even gotten word on whether or not the PC version is getting Vergil's Downfall. lol

This is annoying.

I'm pretty sure the PC version will get it as a $10 DLC.

It just makes sense: the PC version is $49.99 and when you add in the $10 DLC, it comes to $59.99, the same price as the console versions.

iavi

I'm pretty sure the PC version will get it as a $10 DLC.

It just makes sense: the PC version is $49.99 and when you add in the $10 DLC, it comes to $59.99, the same price as the console versions.

I'll pay for it, don't even mind. It's this lack of communication.

iavi

I want to play NOW... not a couple weeks from now.

I will hold strong though but thanks for this... I guess I will go ahead and pre-order the PC version.

I hear you. I was thinking about redboxing the 360 version too, but redbox isn't even going to carry it, so there goes that lol.

Ahasverus

When I saw a movie theater advertisement for this in fucking Colombia I realised Capcom has really, really high expectations on this. How much is the sales target for this?

Carbonox

When I saw a movie theater advertisement for this in fucking Colombia I realised Capcom has really, really high expectations on this. How much is the sales target for this?

1.5m I think? Someone can correct me though.

I've yet to see a single advertisement for this game though and I'm in England.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
who do i email for them to fix the ps3 headset issue? This is the ONLY game i have this problem in. highly annoying.

edit: guess ill make a account on capcom unity.

Top Bottom