• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DNC chair won't speak at Dem convention following Wikileaks fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Only after she was publicly exposed for being incredibly corrupt throughout the DNC primaries. Hillary would have gladly had her speak at the convention had this never come out.

This right here.
Only punish if they are caught.

Wonder how many other crooked individuals hold powerful positions in the DNC? Seems plausible the chairwoman could have fostered a culture of corruption while she was there.

Vire

Mind you this is the same moron who thought it would be a great idea to schedule all of the Democratic debates on Saturdays since clearly that's when everyone watches TV. Knowing her intentions, she probably wanted the low ratings so that fewer people could hear Bernies platform and Hillary could coast of name recognition alone.

Matt

This right here.
Only punish if they are caught.

Wonder how many other crooked individuals hold powerful positions in the DNC? Seems plausible the chairwoman could have fostered a culture of corruption while she was there.
Jesus Christ.

Crooked how?

Corruption to what end?

What the hell do you think you are accusing these people of?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mind you this is the same moron who thought it would be a great idea to schedule all of the Democratic debates on Saturdays since clearly that's when everyone watches TV. Knowing her intentions, she probably wanted the low ratings so that fewer people could hear Bernies platform and Hillary could coast of name recognition alone.

The debates were higher rated than the ones in 08 and 12 lol

Jesus Christ.

Crooked how?

Corruption to what end?

It's Republican diablos.

I'm sure there were some 2008 Clinton supporters that did not get behind Obama too, though.
Yeah I remember this being a major thing that a lot of Clinton supporters voted or said they were going to vote for McCain, after Obama was the nominee. Considering Clinton's supporters were full of white blue collar people, I think it's fairly reasonable to assume they were likely not voting for Obama based on his skin color.

This rests on the assumption that a vote that isn't for Clinton is a vote for Trump, which is nice partisan rhetoric but isn't actually true.

Again, the few people voting for a 3rd party are infinitesimally unlikely to affect the outcome of the race. The few people voting for Jill Stein are probably no less sympathetic toward racial injustice than the people voting for Hillary. Democrats telling them that voting for their convictions makes them insensitive is not likely to increase their estimation of the Democratic party.

I guess this whole line of discussion is a little off topic, so I'm going to let it rest.
Tell that to AL Gore.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Jesus Christ.

Crooked how?

Corruption to what end?

Isn't a DNC chair working to actively influence the selection of Hillary with disregard to the Amerocan voter corrupt? This is the reason why the DNC and RNC need to be torn down and something rebuilt that actually benefits the American people.

I think "punish if they are caught" is how you normally punish anyone for anything.

Only if you want to reinforce the current culture's status quo.
These aren't criminal charges, this is an opportunity for change.

Y2Kev

See, "Independent" Diablos, there's nothing linking the actual DNC chair to the "corruption" you're talking about, but whatever. The nasty emails in question are from the finance chair. Though as Brainchild has reminded me, there isn't anything explicitly linking DWS NOT to actively trying to influence the results of the primary, so there's that possibility.

Let's just bolt on our anti-Democratic rhetoric to the squealing of crying liberals and just hope it all sounds like one cacophonous fart. Which is more than you can say about the fart the Bernie supporters will cook up at the DNC!

Vire

See, "Independent" Diablos, there's nothing linking the actual DNC chair to the "corruption" you're talking about, but whatever. The nasty emails in question are from the finance chair. Though as Brainchild has reminded me, there isn't anything explicitly linking DWS NOT to actively trying to influence the results of the primary, so there's that possibility.

Let's just bolt on our anti-Democratic rhetoric to the squealing of crying liberals and just hope it all sounds like one cacophonous fart. Which is more than you can say about the fart the Bernie supporters will cook up at the DNC!
Nothing questionable whatsoever, that's why the DNC isn't allowing her to speak at her own conventions. Give me a break dude, finger waving and calling every person who criticizes the DNC as a secret Republican is laughably childish. I don't know why people bother in these off topic threads since most of the Hillary supporters like you just stick their fingers in their ear and say lalalala can't hear you and refute possible legitimate criticism to the partY. Imagine if moderation was this obnoxious as a trump supporter, I think I'd stop visiting this site.

Y2Kev

Nothing questionable whatsoever, that's why the DNC isn't allowing her to speak at her own conventions. Give me a break dude, finger waving and calling every person who criticizes the DNC as a secret Republican is laughably childish. I don't know why people bother in these off topic threads since most of the Hillary supporters like you just stick their fingers in their ear and say lalalala can't hear you and refute possible legitimate criticism to the partY. Imagine if moderation was this obnoxious with a trump supporter, I think I'd stop visiting this site.

A) By all means, if you want to stop visiting the site, that's your call.
B) As the head of the DNC, DWS is responsible for the actions of the DNC. That's why she's not speaking (also because Bernie/Weaver have had specific complaints with her throughout the entire primary). She's a figurehead for the Democratic establishment and would get booed.
C) That said, there hasn't been anything in this leak implicating her in some grand conspiracy.

I think you're just uninformed.

Geg

Nothing questionable whatsoever, that's why the DNC isn't allowing her to speak at her own conventions. Give me a break dude, finger waving and calling every person who criticizes the DNC as a secret Republican is laughably childish. I don't know why people bother in these off topic threads since most of the Hillary supporters like you just stick their fingers in their ear and say lalalala can't hear you and refute possible legitimate criticism to the partY. Imagine if moderation was this obnoxious as a trump supporter, I think I'd stop visiting this site.

All I know is that most of this thread (and the earlier thread about the leaks) has just been a cycle of people making claims against the DNC, then other people asking for specific emails or other evidence to back up their claims, and then silence. It makes choosing which side to believe pretty easy tbh

Tell that to AL Gore.

Considering Al Gore lost because he was a poor, unengaging candidate who ran away from his charismatic boss and even lost his own state, and the fact that Nader, like most third-party candidates who gain traction, pulled from both sides of the aisle (though more from the left, granted), and the fact that Al Gore lost primarily because of Florida's fucked-up purging of voter rolls prior to the election, I will.

pa22word

Considering Al Gore lost because he was a poor, unengaging candidate who ran away from his charismatic boss and even lost his own state, and the fact that Nader, like most third-party candidates who gain traction, pulled from both sides of the aisle (though more from the left, granted), and the fact that Al Gore lost primarily because of Florida's fucked-up purging of voter rolls prior to the election, I will.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

And that's all I have to say about Gore.

All I know is that most of this thread has just been a cycle of people making claims against the DNC, then other people asking for specific emails or other evidence to back up their claims, and then silence. It makes choosing which side to believe pretty easy tbh

Honestly that, plus Bernie's campaign in the latter months, makes it easier for me to vote for Hillary in November. Every thread ended with silence from the accusers once their arguments fell the pieces. There was a period when we'd see threads by certain posters trying to catch her in some "scandal" or "proof of corruption" and it always ended up being them merely being uninformed of the political process or being unable to identify her hand in said scandal.

It's always insinuation and innuendo. Needing for us to "read between the lines". That being said, of course she's no saint (like any politician) and I'm hoping with all the smoke we've had during the primaries we see more transparency from her and to a larger scale, the Democratic Party.

pgtl_10

She's the person we're all supposed to hate right?

In all seriousness this is a good thing. She has not been a great head of the DNC and she's not a great orator anyways. DWS made herself vulnerable for no reason. Hillary was always going to win this primary.

Made herself vulnerable? Appearance is all you're worried about.

Brinbe

DWS gets sacrificed, which is the right move in the end since she's terrible. Everyone wins.

It's a big fuss about absolutely nothing.

DWS gets sacrificed, which is the right move in the end since she's terrible. Everyone wins.

It's a big fuss about absolutely nothing.

If Hillary is smart she will definitely help accomplish this. Throw DWS to the wolves and vote for a new chief ASAP.

Kin5290

Lol. Why is it anti-Semitic/pro-Putin?
Well, founder Julian Assange hosts an opinion show on Russian propaganda outlet Russia Today. Assange has a history of accusing his critics of being "kind of Jewish". And the Wikileaks Twitter account, tweeted Russian apologia after the MH17 shootdown in the Ukraine.

And PoliGAF always denied that there was any rigging going on. Totally fair fight. She won fair and square, yyyyep.

Anyways, this wont do shit to stem protests. Its a shame the dems had to lead themselves into such a division the cycle they are fighting a literal fascist and need to be stronger then ever.

studyguy

DWS was already out after this November so it's no skin off my nose. I would have guessed they would have had her not speak for a while now since they were trying to give some concessions to the Sanders groups but w/e.

And PoliGAF always denied that there was any rigging going on. Totally fair fight. She won fair and square, yyyyep.

Anyways, this wont do shit to stem protests. Its a shame the dems had to lead themselves into such a division the cycle they are fighting a literal fascist and need to be stronger then ever.

Sanders still lost by a huge margin among the popular vote breh. Either way both the DNC and RNC are private entities. The idea of them being impartial has never been the case.

Well, the DNC people laughing and snickering doesn't prove that the primaries were rigged. The DNC can't vote. Still waiting for evidence that shows how Bernie was shut out. Dude lost the entire south. That wasn't rigged.

rjinaz

Got to love how so many Trump defenders swear they are Independent or voting 3rd party while defending the Republican party and Trump and everything he stands for at every turn while never doing the same for the Democratic party. You're not fooling anybody. You are just a Republican from a distance so you can avoid some of the calling out you'd get thrown at you otherwise.

dpunk3

I really don't see what the big deal is with these emails. The DNC was against Bernie, so what they are allowed to be. I don't like Clinton, but really it's not illegal or even unethical. Maybe unprofessional given the email contents, but cry me a river. Why are people so up in arms for doing that thing that everyone has, what do they call it, free speech?

TI82

Banned
I really don't see what the big deal is with these emails. The DNC was against Bernie, so what they are allowed to be. I don't like Clinton, but really it's not illegal or even unethical. Maybe unprofessional given the email contents, but cry me a river. Why are people so up in arms for doing that thing that everyone has, what do they call it, free speech?

They have feigned being impartial and when evidence was shown of impartiality they have claimed it was a conspiracy theory. But it turned out to be actually true.

People going to Jill Stein, are probably counter-weighed by republicans going to Gary Johnson. I get the impression Gary Johnson is way more popular than Stein as of now. Really it seems as Stump said in a post yesterday, that it won't matter. Telling people what to do is just gonna annoy the shit out of them.

You mean April and may emails after Bernie spent months attacking the DNC and calling them corrupt?

I guess the DNC should be unfeeling robots at cant have opinions of a candidate that attacks them.

This is dumb. The idea that you have a bipartial institution working against you because you criticize them over process is idiotic. Being professional is fucking irrelevant to how you treat users of a system. It's completely besides the point if Bernie disliked the system or how much he contributed. The DNS serves a function, and this scapegoating is nonsensical.

Tell that to AL Gore.

Gore lost because he ran an incompetent campaign. 250,000 dems in Florida alone voted for Bush. Some people are not going to get caught up in "least worse" or "least awful". Because either candidate is unacceptable.
It's a protest vote for Hillary to move further left. And really, if you are on the left, you got every right to want more.
Her support of Netanyahu is indefisbile. It's to be apolagetic towards a man who has engaged in war crime and extortion of a people. Not committing hard enough against fracking.
She can evolve on these deal breakers on leftist climate change and foreign policy. I'd imagine that Jill Stein voters are squeezing the lemon, and want Clinton to do more. There is no imperative for them to give a fuck about her commitment to these issues.

Bernie was right in saying that it is up to Hillary to prove to these people that she is their president. Hillary is going to win. A sizeable portion of "I'm not voting for Hillary" people are going to vote for her in the end. But in the mean time I don't think protest votes are all that crazy.

It's dumb to look at it as zero sum. Stein cannot win, and most people who vote for her knows that. It's not about watching the country burn or letting Trump win. It's just saying; We're here, and we can't support this over here. That is how Politics have always worked. You got some ideals and you might or might not compromise.
It's really ignorant if you don't think a protest third party vote is not saying something. Historically it hasn't said much, because Nader got a number of votes that was insignificance to the election. Gore himself blames the process in Florida, not the Green Party.
So fuck this false that democrats keep telling themselves about how Nader cost Gore the election.

I also have no evidence that invisible aliens aren't standing behind me right now. That's doesn't make the statement "invisible aliens aren't standing behind me right now" open to serious debate.

You'd have a point if these emails didn't exist, but now the scenario of a conspiracy becomes plausible, your claim that there is no conspiracy needs some serious validation before it can be taken seriously.

atr0cious

It's dumb to look at it as zero sum. Stein cannot win, and most people who vote for her knows that. It's not about watching the country burn or letting Donald "My I.Q. is one of the highest" Drumpf win. It's just saying; We're here, and we can't support this over here. That is how Politics have always worked. You got some ideals and you might or might not compromise.
It's really ignorant if you don't think a protest third party vote is not saying something. Historically it hasn't said much, because Nader got a number of votes that was insignificance to the election. Gore himself blames the process in Florida, not the Green Party.
So fuck this false that democrats keep telling themselves about how Nader cost Gore the election.
Source your quotes, cause I can't believe this is a real post.

You'd have a point if these emails didn't exist, but now the scenario of a conspiracy becomes plausible, your claim that there is no conspiracy needs some serious validation before it can be taken seriously.

Posting this with Neil Tyson Degrasse as your avatar is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom