• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

Draugoth

Gold Member
It's insane how OP is the strider compared to other classes, hits fast super hard and has critical hit bonus when attacking weakposts, insane stamina when grabing i completely melted a drake in the main city until he decided to run away, no healing and all.

Last edited:

Madflavor

It's insane how OP is the strider compared to toher classes, hits fast super hard and has critical hit bonus when attacking weakposts, insane stamina when grabing i completely melted a drake in the main city until he decided to run away, no healing and all.

Yeah I enjoyed being a Mystic Spearhand, but Thief is too dirty not to play. He literally has an answer to every situation, has insane stamina like you said, and does crazy damage. Drakes and Griffon's flying away is no longer a problem. I stick a bomb on them at the beginning of a fight. As soon as they start flying away I detonate it, and it always drops them.

I'm level 42 and I'm absolutely melting everything at this point. I don't even have close to the best gear.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I was ready to declare FF7 Rebirth as my front runner for game of the year, but this game is so much better and now has taken the top spot.
It's DD2 and then Granblue Relink for me.

Rebirth isn't even on my list for "GOTY". Combat is great but hmm isn't as great as Relink or Dogma. Falls short in other areas IMO.

-----------

Drakes are called Drakes in this game as it pertains to Dogma Lore. Drakes can speak to you because they were Arisen that fell in battle and turned into juvenile Dragons which are Drakes.

Madflavor

I was ready to declare FF7 Rebirth as my front runner for game of the year, but this game is so much better and now has taken the top spot.

I don't think DD2 will end up in my Top 5 by the year end. It's fun, but it has way too many shortcomings for me to ignore. I'm still waiting on Stellar Blade, Shadow of the Erdtree, and Black Myth, but right now GotY is still Rebirth for me.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Should i hire this guy?

your-very-own-shinigami-happen-to-pick-up-a-death-note-on-v0-jpvpi85uo3rc1.jpg

Last edited:

FeralEcho

5 min maybe?
Weird,as I didn't stagger him almost at all during the fight and he never once gave me the feeling he's about to flee,I was mostly on my ass during the fight too and my mage pawns did the big damage on him,he took a couple of them out too by the end of the fight and killed one of ser Gregor's men.

I'm sure when you get the rematch on him he won't have the chance to flee anymore 😂

Last edited:

GymWolf

Weird,as I didn't stagger him almost at all during the fight and he never once gave me the feeling he's about to flee,I was mostly on my ass during the fight too and my mage pawns did the big damage on him,he took a couple of them out too by the end of the fight and killed one of ser Gregor's men.

I'm sure when you get the rematch on him he won't have the chance to flee anymore 😂
I did barely any damage too him, i have no idea why he escaped.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Check this out! Capcom has put up a survey to ask people what they think about Dragon's Dogma 2:

I've already filled it expressing the things that have disappointed me about the game. Guess they must have heard about people not being 100% happy with it, since imo it's kinda weird to put up this kind of survey not even a week after the game's release.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Check this out! Capcom has put up a survey to ask people what they think about Dragon's Dogma 2:

I've already filled it expressing the things that have disappointed me about the game. Guess they must have heard about people not being 100% happy with it, since imo it's kinda weird to put up this kind of survey not even a week after the game's release.
Thanks, filled it out.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
PSA: If you're not too much of a purist and you're on PC... theres a nexus mod that
will pin the location of your first seeker token for you, for the riddle of rumination.

Might legit save you a couple of hours of backtracking through towns and caves.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Starship Troopers GIF

ssringo

Nah, Capcom has more important things to work on right now. They ain't gonna waste time with balancing vocations!

O6hWxTh.png

Edit: Good lord, on my phone that picture isn't so big. :messenger_grimmacing_ Resized to be less obnoxious!

Last edited:
Oh God Reaction GIF

Me seeing so many players switching to Thief and realizing how op it is and hoping Capcom doesn't nerf it.
I've been seeing footage of the game and I think this is honestly the result of them getting rid of DD1's assassin vocation. They have essentially made thief into DD1 strider/assassin mix minus a bow. It also makes it look odd game-wise that Thief doesn't have an advanced vocation to upgrade to.

Fighter -> Warrior/Mystic Spearhand
Mage -> Sorcerer/Trickster/Magick Archer
Archer -> Magick Archer
Thief -> ????

Instead Thief is the upgrade. That's partly why it appears broken halfway through leveling the vocation.

On a side note I'm sad they got rid of clairvoyance(The Sekiro parry).

SCB3

And honestly after 20 hours now I think I'm out, I'm just bored playing and into Act 2 I found myself thinking of playing other games like ER or something, it just feels outdated and not for me at this point

I did get a good 3/4 through the main quest though, so I may push through it later

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Did the survey. Biggest issues for me were pacing suffering due to open-world size, town layouts/signposting making them more of chore to get where I wanted to go, and the generally clunky menus.

Yerd

I hired a pawn that had the ice daggers as a quest reward, while my pawn was still thief. Before I found them in my own game. So they were a big help.

Finally got to the bakbhattal for the second time, as the quest destination, with a portcrystal in tow. What a pain in the ass these treks become.

Found a single garm in a cave. Still looking for medusa. There's a few badges my pawn doesn't have still.

Also had to change my pawn's look. I was originally going for a celebrity lookalike but didn't have the patience to figure it out. So I just found a new more appealing face, and made her taller since she's now a warrior and I don't want some tiny warrior.

FeralEcho

And honestly after 20 hours now I think I'm out, I'm just bored playing and into Act 2 I found myself thinking of playing other games like ER or something, it just feels outdated and not for me at this point

I did get a good 3/4 through the main quest though, so I may push through it later
20 hours in and 3/4 of the story already???

I think the game just isn't for you, that's all,in my opinion this is the type of game you spend time just messing about in its world exploring not going in straight for the story,for example I'm 42 hours in and I only did main quests up until the main city of Vernworth in Vermund in the first area,I did do a ton of side quests though but that's just cuz they came naturally while strolling through the city and areas.

Most of the memorable things I've had in the game happened on the road while exploring not in quests.

It's a slow burn kinda game,like The Witcher 3 which took me 300+ hours to finish for example,took me months.

FeralEcho

Some tips for anyone that doesn't have good gear on them and are still in early to mid game,find time to go to "Checkpoint rest town" on the east side of Vermund,check for the weapon's smith there and you'll find some of the best weapons and armours for mid game that you can buy and since armor and weapons in DD aren't level based all you need is the gold, its usually somewhere between 16.000 to 35.000 gold depending on what you'd like to get.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Some tips for anyone that doesn't have good gear on them and are still in early to mid game,find time to go to "Checkpoint rest town" on the east side of Vermund,check for the weapon's smith there and you'll find some of the best weapons and armours for mid game that you can buy and since armor and weapons in DD aren't level based all you need is the its usually somewhere between 16.000 to 35.000 gold depending on what you'd like to get.

Also:

• Vermudian - A balanced upgrade type, giving a small increase to all main stats. Also slightly decreases weight.
  • Batthalan - Gives big increases to strength and physical defences, at the cost of reduced magick attack and defence increases and slightly higher weight.
  • Dwarvern - Increases knockdown power and resistance, along with relatively balanced main stat increases. Also slightly increases weight.
  • Elven - Increases magick attack and defence, at the cost of reduced physical stats. Also slightly reduces weight.

FeralEcho

Also:

• Vermudian - A balanced upgrade type, giving a small increase to all main stats. Also slightly decreases weight.
  • Batthalan - Gives big increases to strength and physical defences, at the cost of reduced magick attack and defence increases and slightly higher weight.
  • Dwarvern - Increases knockdown power and resistance, along with relatively balanced main stat increases. Also slightly increases weight.
  • Elven - Increases magick attack and defence, at the cost of reduced physical stats. Also slightly reduces weight.
This as well,yes 👍

FeralEcho

lol......the game is neither "groundbreaking" nor an "utter disaster".
This,IGN is fishing for clicks with that title. Just like with the first game's reception I expected it to be divisive. Some will really really love it and some will really really hate it.

I feel like a fair comparisson with this game wouldn't be Elden Ring or Skyrim or Zelda but Death Stranding,a game some will just not "get".

It doesn't do anything groundbreaking and it's not a disaster but some will get it while others wont like with the first DD.

Yerd

Some tips for anyone that doesn't have good gear on them and are still in early to mid game,find time to go to "Checkpoint rest town" on the east side of Vermund,check for the weapon's smith there and you'll find some of the best weapons and armours for mid game that you can buy and since armor and weapons in DD aren't level based all you need is the gold, its usually somewhere between 16.000 to 35.000 gold depending on what you'd like to get.

Also:

Another tip I found that should help along the same lines here. Jasper and Onyx are used in upgrades, so save a few. But, Onyx sell for more in Vermund and Jasper sell for more in Bhattal. Jasper is 800 in V vs 2400 in B. I think the reverse is true for Onyx.

60000g to create a forgery of a portcrystal. Does anyone know if it works? I didn't have the gold to spare at the time. I saw a couple pawn quest rewards from people. One was a "Wokestone" and a "Ferristone." I'm assuming those were forgeries. Funny that the names were changed.

Topher

Gold Member
This,IGN is fishing for clicks with that title. Just like with the first game's reception I expected it to be divisive. Some will really really love it and some will really really hate it.

I feel like a fair comparisson with this game wouldn't be Elden Ring or Skyrim or Zelda but Death Stranding,a game some will just not "get".

It doesn't do anything groundbreaking and it's not a disaster but some will get it while others wont like with the first DD.

Exploiting some fringe opinions for dramatic effect is a pretty common tactic in gaming journalism. IGN being IGN

Last edited:

Mossybrew

I'm gonna have to look closer at the pawns I hire. I completed one's kill the cyclops quest and the reward given was one of those common green weeds that's everywhere. Gonna send that pawn back with some rotted meat as a gift.

Yerd

Man I hate to be such a fanboy, but I love this game, and the first game so much.

I think the first game broke ground, so technically it can't be broken again. But, there are things this game does that no other game does, like the climbing and night time.

Dark Souls 1 or 2 had the giant cave that was pitch black, but it's not the same as what's done in these 2 games.

FeralEcho

60000g to create a forgery of a portcrystal. Does anyone know if it works? I didn't have the gold to spare at the time. I saw a couple pawn quest rewards from people. One was a "Wokestone" and a "Ferristone." I'm assuming those were forgeries. Funny that the names were changed.
No way it works,in the first game it didn't and the forger in DD2 is absolutely useless so far,I forged some spell tomes and it's just a fake it doesn't do the spell....so I wasted 6000g for literally nothing.I would kick his ass out of town if it were up to me.

Mossybrew

Exploiting some fringe opinions for dramatic effect is a pretty common tactic in gaming journalism.
Seriously, so many sites do this these days, Polygon, Kotaku, whatever the current "hot game" out is they are gonna find some half baked opinion and throw it out there for clicks.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Another tip I found that should help along the same lines here. Jasper and Onyx are used in upgrades, so save a few. But, Onyx sell for more in Vermund and Jasper sell for more in Bhattal. Jasper is 800 in V vs 2400 in B. I think the reverse is true for Onyx.

Forgery for magical items dont work. The forgeries are mostly for quest outcomes

You need to create forgeries if you want to complete both the Spellbound and Myrdyr Book Chase quests simultaneous for example,

Last edited:

Yerd

I'm gonna have to look closer at the pawns I hire. I completed one's kill the cyclops quest and the reward given was one of those common green weeds that's everywhere. Gonna send that pawn back with some rotted meat as a gift.
I always look for the 10k gold rewards. Or like earlier someone was offering the ice daggers. I jumped on that hire.

No way it works,in the first game it didn't and the forger in DD2 is absolutely useless so far,I forged some spell tomes and it's just a fake it doesn't do the spell....so I wasted 6000g for literally nothing.I would kick his ass out of town if it were up to me.
I have yet to find much use out of the forgeries, besides the jewel. I forged an elite camping kit, for 3600g. Not sure what it costs to buy one from a vendor. I just wanted to know if it worked. It does. I'm doing a quest in Bhattal that needs the twin books, I'm assuming this could be another forgery situation.

FeralEcho

Man I hate to be such a fanboy, but I love this game, and the first game so much.

I think the first game broke ground, so technically it can't be broken again. But, there are things this game does that no other game does, like the climbing and night time.

Dark Souls 1 or 2 had the giant cave that was pitch black, but it's not the same as what's done in these 2 games.
Oh It's my favourite game this gen so far but like you said DD already broke ground in 2012 with its mechanics anyway so the 2nd is basically an evolution of that and just like then some people will not like the type of game it is while others will find no game like it and love it.

I love DD but every frustration someone has with it I can understand cuz sometimes I hate it too when it happens to me but at the same time I love the world they built so much that it makes me just move past the frustration. It's like a marriage 😂

Top Bottom