• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EGM #244 Feb'11

Mudkips

Banned
D4Danger said:
hBFkH.png
Add in Uncharted after 10, and it's accurate.

AniHawk

_dementia said:
disappointing to hear about Lost in Shadow :/

Impressions and reviews have been frustratingly mixed. I think I'll have to bite the bullet and check it out. I have $20 in amazon vidya game moneys so maybe I'll put it towards that.

MC Safety

Grecco said:
If anything its closer to Play magazine than EGM

There's something to that, as Brady, Casey, Heather, Eric, etc., all are on staff or freelance for the book.

But there's a bunch of great guys who have ties to the old Ziff/1up/EGM, too. Like the bitmob folks, Andrew Pfister, Pat Klepek, and Paul Semel.

MC Safety

jmdajr said:
play magazine :(

I don't know how they could live with themselves with some of those reviews

I worked for Play Magazine, and I've happily lived with myself since birth.

But now we're getting off topic, and so.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
turnbuckle said:
One person reviews are not EGM. I certainly won't be resubscribing.
and they certainly won't miss someone who subscribed just for one element.

faridmon said:
WTF? Please, people, tell me, how reliable is this Magazine?

Considering a review is an account of one person's experiences with a game and not a scientific analysis, I'd say it's as reliable as any.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Littleberu said:
Pretty sure that's how it works. Good thinking.
I think it actually does.

Any discussion of the game would revolve around how unintuitive the controls are and how it's probably because they get motion sickness!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh jeez, I don't think GranTurismoGAF will like this at all. Shots will be fired at their rating system even though they're one of the few doing rating systems right.

As for the actual scores, glad to see LBP2 got a great score.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
faridmon said:
WTF? Please, people, tell me, how reliable is this Magazine?

It's VERY reliable, we all best quit gaming as we know it.

Grecco

MC Safety said:
There's something to that, as Brady, Casey, Heather, Eric, etc., all are on staff or freelance for the book.

l.

Oh i know. Even the way the page lay outs are just like Play. The Fonts ect. If Play magazine fans want more they really should subscribe.

I find it a bit odd that some people are happy about the Ghost Trick review, while others are pissed about the LBP2 receiving the same score.

Hellshadow said:
- 007 Nightfire was originally supposed to be based on You Only Live Twice.

Was this from a feature, or just a random bit of trivia?

Edit: Oh I see, from the Pitchford interview.

It's true though. On one of the skyscraper levels in Nightfire, you can find a computer screen that has the Osato Chemicals logo from You Only Live Twice.

Mar

Guevara said:
I feel like Crackdown 2 deserves a defense force.

I'm here.

Crackdown 2 was number 3 on my top 10 of 2010. Playing it alone or with another person probably would have sucked (the story and missions were all terrible), but anymore than 2 players and you have the ultimate multiplayer play ground. I had a fucking blast playing this with my friends.

LOL, people are arguing about GT5, and I'm way more interested in TC:Hong Kong preview. Looks like it will be one of the best representations of HK in video games to date. I demand Aaron Kwok in my radio!

Top Bottom