• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread |Session VII| of Get Rekt or Die Trying

• Thread starter Deleted member 125677
  • Start date

What will happen this game?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Fine by me, let's just use crab's normalized ratings in the sheet, they work out to pretty much where we want to be for country ratings anyway. So that rating (right now) for instance means that someone with a rating of 4.75 would be able to pick Holland but not Hungary.

Sounds good.

I also can start whenever.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
If FACE isn't planning to join, then I guess KingSnake can just go right ahead?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
1. KingSnake - 2.45 - Burgundy
2. Red Arremer - 2.75 - Bahmanis
3. Uzzy - 2.82 - Aragon
4. Jwitjes - 2.92 - The Papal States
5. fanboi - 3.06 - Ming
6. Stefan - 3.10 - Brandenburg
7. Morfeo - 3.18 - Sweden
8. Gamma - 3.19 - Songhai
9. Roboleon - 3.63 - Uzbek
10. Steeven - 3.88 - Hungary
11. Spirited - 3.96 - Mamluks
12. Fitz - 4.30 - Milan
13. Kabouter - 4.31 - Pasai
14. Crab - 4.31 - Qara Qoyunlu
15. Mgoblue201 - 4.76
16. Jazz - 4.92 - Crab

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I pick Burgundy, I want to repair what I messed up some games ago (with a little help from a friend named Fanboi).

Yes, I would appreciate a link to the google doc.

I pick Burgundy, I want to repair what I messed up some games ago (with a little help from a friend named Fanboi).

Let's hope you don't get bent over by literally no AI rivalling France like I did last session.

Fitz

Quote me for the spreadsheet url.

edit: Don't forget we're using the last column, L, in place of the player rank must be <= column. Will probably help to stick this in the OP somewhere.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Spreadsheet is in the first post in thread as well

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I'm pretty split on which country to choose so I'll be happy to see what everyone picks. (More like this country is OP and is open to like everyone and I'll pick it if people below me doesn't)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty split on which country to choose so I'll be happy to see what everyone picks. (More like this country is OP and is open to like everyone and I'll pick it if people below me doesn't)

Is your friend joining btw? If so, what's his name/cool handle?

Uzzy

I'll take the fine nation of Aragon. For those curious, Aragon gets Kallen K&#333;zuki from Code Geass as their waifu, a show I've not watched.

Fitz

geese_2622145b.jpg

Her colour is fitting for Aragon, seems like some thought has actually gone into that mod.

Gamma on Steam

Neo Member
The Colorless Cortez,
The Run-of-the-mill Richelieu,
The Pedestrian Premier,
The Dull Duce,
The Vanilla Vercingetorix,
The Standard Scipio,
The Ordinary Octavion
The Mediocre Machiavelli,
The Passable Pecock,

Gamma from Norway will join.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Brandenburg's mine

Morfeo's next!

Fuck you for this choice!

Anyways, if we are not going to start before the 17th anyways, I think I will take some time to decide. Not really a ton of options there right now, so need to think about it a bit. However, if we decide on the 10th, I can speed up.

Kabouter

Fuck you for this choice!

Anyways, if we are not going to start before the 17th anyways, I think I will take some time to decide. Not really a ton of options there right now, so need to think about it a bit. However, if we decide on the 10th, I can speed up.

Apart from the fact that there are tons of options given that only a handful of countries are off-limits for you, and there aren't all that many players in yet, it might also be nice to not wait too long to pick so that players picking later than you can get their picks in and practice. People who have already picked are already practicing I've noticed :p

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Yeah I really want to pick soon so that I can get some practice in soon.

or I go in blind like I did with Japan but that was a weird run all over.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The estate system seems really tedious and annoying tbh. Like with a horde you get the tribe which gives you a bit faster mp recovery when in balance, but gives you all kinds of shit (disaster build up if they get too influential, provincial unrest if too little, big minus on horde unity when disloyal) if you don't patiently manage them on three factors all the time

Maybe there are more interesting estates for other countries, but i felt they gave very little in the little test play I did

smjanssen

I haven't really had any issues with the estates system. Also had no issues with micromanagement there, only occasionally needed to increase loyalty or decrease influence here and there

The Tribes estate and Horde Unity is supposed to be catalysts into getting you to reform your Horde.

The Estates overall are really really powerful and can be a really great boon. The only estate I really hate is the Dhimmi for muslims.

Morfeo

Estates? More stuff to learn?

Anyways, while I will miss my buddy and brother in arms Red Arremer, I am picking Sweden. Havent played them since EU2, so that can be interesting.

Estates? More stuff to learn?

It's part of the Cossacks patch. Not hard to learn though. You have estates that you can give land to control, they will get influence and loyalty in return, and give you bonuses (or maluses if they have bad loyalty). There's also disasters you can get if they get too much influence. So you have to juggle loyalty and influence a bit, and of course there's events that can change either.

Anyways, while I will miss my buddy and brother in arms Red Arremer, I am picking Sweden. Havent played them since EU2, so that can be interesting.

We can be brothers in arms still, just not in the early game. :p

Morfeo

It's part of the Cossacks patch. Not hard to learn though. You have estates that you can give land to control, they will get influence and loyalty in return, and give you bonuses (or maluses if they have bad loyalty). There's also disasters you can get if they get too much influence. So you have to juggle loyalty and influence a bit, and of course there's events that can change either.

We can be brothers in arms still, just not in the early game. :p

Sounds cool! And yeah, looking forward to that late-game :)

Uzzy

Playing test games as Aragon isn't much help at the moment. Burgundy keeps dying and the Papal States implode, neither of which are going to happen in the game.

At least taking on Africa is useful for learning. Goddamn berber traditions eating all my paper mana.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Gamma picks Songhai
I pick Uzbek

Fitz

So the three nations I was looking at are all neighbouring another player now (intimately), would anyone mind if I pick Milan? They're 0.07 out of my range. Otherwise I'll just go for one of my original selections.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Fine by me, I think Jwitjes should probably have the final word on this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom