• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great OT. I'm hyped that I'm going this year. I finally get to cross this off my bucket list.

Will there be an EVO meet up thread or just use this one?

Hopefully there will be one... I'll be there in two days, and I'd love to hang out with fellow GAFfers.

Azure J

LMAO @ "anime representation of Q"

This thread is going to hit max capacity midway through Saturday, guaranteed.

Quadratic

I'm bringing a friend this year to EVO because I always say it's always an awesome time. The experience love is much different than being a stream monster.

Q will win BB

Mango/Armada gf will happen for the fourth time in four weeks

MIOM | Juggleguy
‏@JuggleRob
The @C9Mang0 vs @ArmadaUGS matchup all-time: 8-8 in sets, 33-33 in games. You can't make this stuff up. #ssbm #smashbros #rivalry

(it's actually 32-32 in games, but still, fun fact)

Feels weird seeing Jwong listed for Ki as a notable player but not for MvC3 and USF4. Too many to list but Chi Rithy got on the list? Haha.

Kadey you be cray.

Mims

This might not be the best place to ask this but I just moved to Vegas last weekend. Can I just show up at the door and pay to get in and watch or did that chance already sail by?

Revven

Soooooo hyped for this year (mainly between Ultra and Smash). Might tune into KoF finals and Tekken finals this year but otherwise probably sticking to Ultra/Smash and then on Sunday all of the games.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Feels weird seeing Jwong listed for Ki as a notable player but not for MvC3 and USF4. Too many to list but Chi Rithy got on the list? Haha.

Kadey you be cray.

No duplicates. As in no re-using a player for various games. Since KI is the worst game to think of when it comes to top players he goes there. Tokido for example would fit in most of the games but I don't wan to reuse names. Various people deserves some spotlight too. Same reason I put Rico and PR Rog there too.

Ouren

BDBVxVy.gif

me

Parablank

in ssbm too many people are counting dr peepee out. Just because he had a bad run at MLG (which he says was due to personal issues) doesn't mean he can't do really well (remember apex and sktar). I'm honestly expecting him to place top 2

I watched my first competitive-level game at CEO this year, and I got to say I'm hooked. I'll definitely be tuning in to KI, but I'll try and catch some of the other games as well.

Shadow780

WIll be there for KOF, the schedule is brutal and my pool is pretty stacked so my chances are slim. On the bright side, plenty of time to get drunk and watch soccer on Sunday.

in ssbm too many people are counting dr peepee out. Just because he had a bad run at MLG (which he says was due to personal issues) doesn't mean he can't do really well (remember apex and sktar). I'm honestly expecting him to place top 2

Yeah, but it's funnier to make jokes about Mango and Armada playing in grand finals yet again (even though the last two tournaments didn't even have PPMD).

:p

IronLich

I'm most excited for the USF4 tournament due to the obvious international flavor, but am expecting to be wowed by everything else. Best of luck to our potential GAF participants.

For those who will be there in Vegas please do me one favor and that is to get Q as fucked up as possible.

That's all I ask. It's really not too much.

~ <3 WesternHeretic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom