• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaX

Just saw Mahvel top 8... What the fuck happened?!

All the Gods being in Losers was going to be a bloodbath no matter what. And for the most part, they all lost to people they have lost to in the past.

The real surprise for me was KBR knocking Justin into Losers. It wasn't even a situation of Wong choking, but KBR just played his fucking heart out and the Wong Factor just didn't happen. Hell, I'd bet that even if KBR gets knocked out, he'd still be hyped on himself because he beat Justin Wong fair and square (and not in some random match tourney).

All top 8s so far that I've seen have been good, especially my 2 fave games at EVO Smash 4 and KI. After performances like those they both have to be back next year. I didn't catch P4AU, but Tekken 7's top 8 was the first time I actually saw the game not off-screen or in a trailer.

Edit: I meant to type P4AU but I got it mixed up with the abbreviation for "arcade edition"

SamVimes

Uh, Arturo announced it before hand that his part was invite only as well. Why the fuck do randoms expect to get in when they know before hand that it's invite only?

Yeah and then they talk about how the crowd makes the salty suite. Just because they had a completely different event at another tournament and called it salty suite doesn't mean that's what it is, you'd think the word "suite" would clue them in.

Revven

Yeah and then they talk about how the crowd makes the salty suite. Just because they had a completely different event at another tournament and called it salty suite doesn't mean that's what it is, you'd think the word "suite" would clue them in.

A lot of the redditors are stupid.

Infinite

All top 8s so far that I've seen have been good, especially my 2 fave games at EVO Smash 4 and KI. After performances like those they both have to be back next year. I didn't catch P4AE, but Tekken 7's top 8 was the first time I actually saw the game not off-screen or in a trailer.

I really wish Nairo didn't choke it up versus Zero. Top 3 wouldn't have been more interesting had that not been the case.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Dumb question but I don't want to miss the finals for a dumb reason:
The times on the schedule are in PST, right?

J@hranimo

Banned
Those Nairo chokes were beyond crazy. Everything else in that match was laid out for him but he missed BOTH punishes that would'be taken the game.

I got a massive headache after witnessing that ...

Tripon

A lot of the redditors are stupid.

Going back to this for a moment. A lot of the complaints I'm seeing is that it wasn't put on the main stage at EVO like it was done on Apex 2015.

...does the Smash community even know what the suite in Salty Suite mean?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
are all finals today or did I miss some? is Blazblue today?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Only Xrd, MKX, Melee, Marvel and SF4 finals are today.

BB was yesterday iirc.

son of a bitch. I didnt hear anyone talk about it, was there no hype? last year was amazing

Seyavesh

Just saw Mahvel top 8... What the fuck happened?!
everyone stepped up their game because there's no fluff left- there's a gross amount of potential killers now so the bloodbath is real

almost everyone who was a top8 placer in previous years who wasn't a god or the 2 repeats for top8 (rayray, frutsy) ended up drowning in pools or dying in quarters shortly after

Seyavesh

Is this the Marvel Top 8!?

If so WTF!? No FChamp? No Chris G? No Justin Wong!?

all eliminated offstream

kbr sent justin to losers in top 16 (on srkevo2)
flux(?) sent champ to losers in quarters (offstream)
cross sent chrisg to losers in quarters (on srkevo2)

chrisg took out justin
clockwork took out champ
rf took out chris

flocker, another person who has placed top 8 literally every year of marvel got eliminated in quarters. i think dual kevin (deadpool/dante/hawkeye) either sent him to losers or eliminated him

Tripon

all eliminated offstream

kbr sent justin to losers in top 16 (on srkevo2)
flux(?) sent champ to losers in quarters (offstream)
cross sent chrisg to losers in quarters (on srkevo2)

chrisg took out justin
clockwork took out champ
rf took out chris

flocker, another person who has placed top 8 literally every year of marvel got eliminated in quarters. i think dual kevin (deadpool/dante/hawkeye) either sent him to losers or eliminated him

Who took out clockwork?
What's with the shitty EU times for the USFIV finals. Put the unpopular crap at that hour.
Wut? Ultra is finals. You want a good time for Europeans? Then Europe needs to step its game up and do their own EVO. :p

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Wut? Ultra is finals. You want a good time for Europeans? Then Europe needs to step its game up and do their own EVO. :p
Pretty much. I can't watch it either. 3:30 to 5am is pretty much the worst possible time. Earlier and I would stay up, later and I would get up earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom