• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a non fighting game player i found MKX quite entertaining. Really like the animation when they get back up after a loss. That SonicFox guy looked like it was a walk in the park for him.
Gamerbee vs Momochi: you really saw how uncomfortable Momochi was after the win. Gamerbee vs Infiltration was really nice and i bet it's not easy to "just attack her, when she is healing" on such a high level play. I also don't get the "shameless" comments from the commentators. It wasn't a glitch or something but a special from the character. And Infiltration even managed to punish it from time to time and Juri looked capable at countering it.

Mahvel and Anime Fighters.... still can't see shit watching these games.I can feel the hype but there is to much stuff going on on the screen.

Smash games are somehow totally uninteresting to watch for me. Don't know why. Can't see the finesse in these games like i can see with SF, MK,KI, KOF (bring it back!)

Maybe i'm going to get into SFV a bit although i'm not really a fan of online VS.

Fighting games overall are nice to spectate, even as a total noob. Mobas on the other hand are not really exctiting for me (never played them).
You have the right attitude. It is okay if you don't like watching Smash. Marvel and anime take more experience to understand.

mbpm1

Although the loser's finals was amazing, I kinda wish we had seen Infil actually play Rolento, or Decapre.

Just full on, fuck traditional SF, totally annoying style on both sides.

cj_iwakura

Figured I'd throw out a friendly reminder since it looks like the Atlus twitch account does not archive past broadcasts. If you want to watch the Competitive Catherine stream (particularly on Twitch for features like ReChat for Twitch) it will probably vanish in the next week or two.

http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa/b/678732703

Not if I can help it. Saving it as we speak, and I'll be reuploading it.

I'll try to do a highlight as well(dat Mufasa shoutout).

Not if I can help it. Saving it as we speak, and I'll be reuploading it.

I'll try to do a highlight as well(dat Mufasa shoutout).

You're the real MVP.

Though I do want to point out that with the, very much appreciated, archive some things like 'chat explosions' gets lost so anyone who cares about that sort of thing.. the clock is ticking.

MIMIC

Banned
I completely missed EVO (thought it was this week instead of last week >_<), but I'm watching the tournament now on YouTube.

I'm at Momochi-Infiltration match. Man, this counter-picking is so stupid. You should be locked into one character at the start of the tournament.

I completely missed EVO (thought it was this week instead of last week >_<), but I'm watching the tournament now on YouTube.

I'm at Momochi-Infiltration match. Man, this counter-picking is so stupid. You should be locked into one character at the start of the tournament.

You don't have unlimited switches. There is blind pick too.

Tripon

You gotta wonder what Capcom was thinking when they made Healing into a Ultra. Why they didn't leave it as a Super where the risk vs. reward is much greater.

Codeblue

The time Infiltration spent at the select screen were some of the most hype moments of the entire weekend for me.

MIMIC

Banned
So I'm watching the grand finals and the shit is HYPE! GamerBee battles all the way back to reset the bracket AND takes it to the final game? OMG OMG OMG OMG! A win by either guy would be thoroughly deserved. Although I hate Adon, GamerBee did an awesome job battling back.

Fake edit:

WTF SOMEONE HIT THE PAUSE BUTTON?! OMFG

*gulp*

What now?

*back to video*

jay23

As someone who doesn't play fighting games at all (I'm terrible) it was fun watching some of these final matches. I went through ssbm, umvc3, KI, and USF4 and I gotta say it was extremely entertaining. First time watching evo and it definitely won't be the last.

MIMIC

Banned
So Momochi's stick was malfunctioning? When I played it back, I saw that it said that Momoci's stick had been disconnected. And now it's STILL malfunctioning?

If this shit ends on a technicality......lol

So I'm watching the grand finals and the shit is HYPE! GamerBee battles all the way back to reset the bracket AND takes it to the final game? OMG OMG OMG OMG! A win by either guy would be thoroughly deserved. Although I hate Adon, GamerBee did an awesome job battling back.

Fake edit:

WTF SOMEONE HIT THE PAUSE BUTTON?! OMFG

*gulp*

What now?

*back to video*
Arcade stick died. Madcatz to the rescue.

MIMIC

Banned
Well...that was a little anti-climactic. But congrats to Momochi. Even after all of that, he was still able to collect himself and continue on with the game.

Too bad for GamerBee. I was rooting for him a bit.

yami4ct

So, the big SFIV Gamerbee final was probably the first fighting game match I've ever really sat down and watch. It was so fun and awesome that I've been spending the past few nights catching some of the other finals of this year. Started with P4A:U because that's the only fighting game I've had experience with. I think that game is so much fun to watch. I love the variety of characters and the options the Persona provide are so much fun to see. That Ken and Koromaru player was insane. Seeing him keep pressure up from multiple angles was super cool.

Also caught the Guilty Gear stuff as it's fairly similar to P4A and I could get a foothold that way. While I personally don't find the game itself as fun to watch, the drama more than made up for it. That Woshige early celebration and attempted runback was so cool. I was glued to the screen the whole time. Sad to see it not come through, but what an attempt.

Anything else from this year I should look into checking out as someone who's pretty much a Fighting Game layman?

Also caught the Guilty Gear stuff as it's fairly similar to P4A and I could get a foothold that way. While I personally don't find the game itself as fun to watch, the drama more than made up for it. That Woshige early celebration and attempted runback was so cool. I was glued to the screen the whole time. Sad to see it not come through, but what an attempt.

Anything else from this year I should look into checking out as someone who's pretty much a Fighting Game layman?

Woshige and Ogawa actually did the runback in a salty suite later that evening. I believe it should be archived at www.twitch.tv/logichole but you'd have to search through the vod for it because I have no clue exactly what time it took place. I won't spoil you on the outcome.

yami4ct

Woshige and Ogawa actually did the runback in a salty suite later that evening. I believe it should be archived at www.twitch.tv/logichole but you'd have to search through the vod for it because I have no clue exactly what time it took place. I won't spoil you on the outcome.

I'l definitely look for that tomorrow. It definitely felt like Woshige had Ogawa's number before that early celebration, so I'd love to see a rematch. I'm not sure if he could've won 2 matches at the end even if he did a full runback, but with the crowd behind him it felt like he had the best chance of anyone.

I'l definitely look for that tomorrow. It definitely felt like Woshige had Ogawa's number before that early celebration, so I'd love to see a rematch. I'm not sure if he could've won 2 matches at the end even if he did a full runback, but with the crowd behind him it felt like he had the best chance of anyone.

Nage himself (who took 2nd place after losing to Ogawa) considers Ogawa and Woshige to be above him according to a post he wrote where he gave his overall impression of EVO, since it was the first time he'd ever left Japan. It's a pretty good read:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn4dbm

OceanBlue

Nage himself (who took 2nd place after losing to Ogawa) considers Ogawa and Woshige to be above him according to a post he wrote where he gave his overall impression of EVO, since it was the first time he'd ever left Japan. It's a pretty good read:

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn4dbm

It's interesting to contrast this with Woshige's impressions.
4. Of course I wanted to get 1st place, but I wasn't able to prepare as much as I liked due to work, and I know how much time and practice the others have put in to win, so really I can't be salty about it, and I feel like I got more than what I deserve.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sn4dso

Overall I'm really glad to hear that they enjoyed themselves.

Sayad

Gamerbee vs Infiltration was really nice and i bet it's not easy to "just attack her, when she is healing" on such a high level play. I also don't get the "shameless" comments from the commentators. It wasn't a glitch or something but a special from the character. And Infiltration even managed to punish it from time to time and Juri looked capable at countering it.
The "shameless" comments weren't referring to Gamerbee as shameless for using an overpowered ultra, "shameless" refereed to how he used it in situations where he could have been punished yet he just went for it. ie, "shameless" was describing the situation, not calling Gamerbee shameless.

last year's finals thread had 159 pages. over twice that this year
lol, you're posting on page 330 with over 16400 comments. It's this year's finals thread that have twice as much pages as last year's. ;p

Also, Kady said this is Gaf's biggest EVO ever!

Fraeon

The "shameless" comments weren't referring to Gamerbee as shameless for using an overpowered ultra, "shameless" refereed to how he used it in situations where he could have been punished yet he just went for it. ie, "shameless" was describing the situation, not calling Gamerbee shameless.

Yeah, the words "dirty", "disrespectful" and "shameless" in this context really just mean that you're doing things that you'd get punished for heavily if your opponent is on point. Thankfully for Gamerbee, Infiltration wasn't most of the time, so he got away with murder, essentially.

cerulily

Also caught the Guilty Gear stuff as it's fairly similar to P4A

250px-054Psyduck.png

yami4ct

[mg]http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/5/53/054Psyduck.png/250px-054Psyduck.png[/img]

I realize it's really the other way around and P4A takes some of its systems from GG. I just meant since P4A is the only fighting game I have even a small understanding of, Guilty Gear was much easier for me to appreciate than something like Marvel or MK.

Donos

Thanks for clarifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom