• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant fucking wait LETS GOOOOOOO

iDGhrcz9XGX8Q.gif

One of the best gifs ever.

Nyoro SF

Since I'm moving to LA soon, I might make the drive to Vegas/EVO to see Q in action and thus begin writing his biography, make big bucks covering him while he's currently unknown

Wedge7

Pumped again for another year of EVO. This combined with The international the week after is going to be so sick. Was seriously contemplating going to EVO this year, but some things didnt line up correctly, so its a shame. Maybe next year. Either way, extremely excited. I pretty much just traditionally watch Street Fighter and Marvel, though the KOF finals 2 years ago have made me a fan, and the Smash stuff is also pretty hype, I still remember the exciting donation drive last year for EVO, and the sick turnout at the event. So I pretty much watch those 4 games, and dont really pay attention to the rest.

BadWolf

Took Monday off so I'm ready no matter how long the finals go into the night this time.

High hopes for KOF (too many killers) and SF (go Daigo!).

MrDaravon

KoF finals are a day early so there's actually a chance things will be on schedule this year.

I want to believe

Just went back and looked; last year AE as the main event was supposed to start at 7pm PST but wound up starting at about 8:20pm which actually isn't super awful all things considered. Sucks for East Coasters and Europe, but someone's going to have to get screwed somewhere.

MrDaravon

Somewhat confused, if I subscribed I win premium acess for evo 2014 and 2015?

I'm not sure on this so someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think how it works is the sub works for 365 days, so it depends exactly what dates Evo falls on next year.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Somewhat confused, if I subscribed I win premium acess for evo 2014 and 2015?

No. You'll be locked in subscribed to the channel until next EVO when they restart another sub. Meaning you can use the emotes on various streams for a year until next year.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Justin Wong is only doing KI this year?

EDIT: Woah, what's up with Maximillian using NeoGAF has a tag?

-notable for Killer Instinct-
-not notable for King of Fighters XIII-

https://31.media.tumblr.com/4afae16f8e731ecb8e28c71130c6410e/tumblr_inline_n23d14zjXi1s458lo.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="BY2K, post: 119958346"]Justin Wong is only doing KI this year?

EDIT: Woah, what's up with Maximillian using NeoGAF has a tag?[/QUOTE]

Names aren't being listed twice.

Omnicent

There's no chance they'll be on schedule. It'll probably even start late just for whatever reason.

Well I have till tomorrow to decide if I want to take a day for Monday since I have few projects coming down the pipe line right now (just hope I dont get blind sided this week) and my supervisor is pretty leniant if you don't take to many at a time on short notice/slow month. Here's to hoping I'll be able to.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah, but it's funnier to make jokes about Mango and Armada playing in grand finals yet again (even though the last two tournaments didn't even have PPMD).

:p

I wasn't complaining about it, I love watching those two play. I just think it's crazy that they've played so many times before evo. I was expecting mlg and that's it.

MIOM | Juggleguy
‏@JuggleRob
The @C9Mang0 vs @ArmadaUGS matchup all-time: 8-8 in sets, 33-33 in games. You can't make this stuff up. #ssbm #smashbros #rivalry

(it's actually 32-32 in games, but still, fun fact)

Also that set number seems low. Unless he's not counting resets in grand finals. Mango and Armada played 4 sets at mlg alone.

I wasn't complaining about it, I love watching those two play. I just think it's crazy that they've played so many times before evo. I was expecting mlg and that's it.

Also that set number seems low. Unless he's not counting resets in grand finals. Mango and Armada played 4 sets at mlg alone.

MLG: once in pools, once in winners finals, once in grand finals
CEO: once in winners finals, twice in grand finals
Kings of Cali 4: once in winners finals, twice in grand finals

no, it does include resets, it's just that over half of the meetings are within the last three weeks (which Mango leads 5-4 in sets)

Mango won MLG, Armada won CEO, Mango won KoC4, it's Armada's turn to win again, Armada is the Evo champ confirmed
Kappa

Duxxy3

Prediction

SF4 - Infiltration

Marvel - ChrisG

KI - Justin

KOF - Bala

Injustice- Someone from the east coast

zlatko

Banned
this may be your best avatar ever, and you had amazing ones

I second this. That avatar is too legit to quit.

Keep that going for a long while. :D

I predict SF4 winner to be NOT Infiltration. Not Daigo either. I'll cheer for dat Sokonoko. :p

UMvC3---Chris G. Not even a contest. Dude has broken that game.

Killer Instinct- Justin Wong.

Everything else I don't really watch/pay attention to.

Revven

Well, Armada has only traveled to the US once every year and gone to one tournament in that year starting from Pound V then to Genesis then Genesis 2 then Apex 2012 (?). It wasn't until 2013 that he went to more than one US national in a given year (Apex 2013 and EVO 2013).

So the sets and games count being so "low" makes sense given those circumstances. This is the first time ever where Armada has been in the US for a whole month to participate in tons of US majors.

In regards to EVO hype .gifs... I got one that I haven't used for anything yet.

FantasticWastefulAldabratortoise.gif

^That is what I hope EVO will make me feel like when it's all over (or something ridiculously hype has happened).

I predict SF4 winner to be NOT Infiltration. Not Daigo either. I'll cheer for dat Sokonoko. :p

People changing characters has thrown it wide open. I'd tend to agree with this but I'm not counting out Infiltration. He at least will not be counter picked.

Omnicent

Well, Armada has only traveled to the US once every year and gone to one tournament in that year starting from Pound V then to Genesis then Genesis 2 then Apex 2012 (?). It wasn't until 2013 that he went to more than one US national in a given year (Apex 2013 and EVO 2013).

So the sets and games count being so "low" makes sense given those circumstances. This is the first time ever where Armada has been in the US for a whole month to participate in tons of US majors.

In regards to EVO hype .gifs... I got one that I haven't used for anything yet.

FantasticWastefulAldabratortoise.gif

^That is what I hope EVO will make me feel like when it's all over (or something ridiculously hype has happened).
man I'm going to miss this duo after evo ; ;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom