• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I don't think I'll be able to catch the finals on the last 2 days due to work unless my work shift gets changed =/

Trojan X

Banned
I'm a resident doctor, don't have too much flexibility in terms of my scheduling. Even less this year since there's already certain times I requested off for interviews. Things will be better once I finish residency, hopefully...

Gotcha. It's a pity that you are on lockdown but at least the pay is good, right?

Clawww

2To481j.gif

szZZNWl.gif

salt3gs7z.gif

SZnBpoU.jpg

Wynnebeck

Banned
Can't wait to watch this. Gotta couple of my boys going to this (one of them being Blackula for the INJ/MK9 players on GAF) so I hope they can go far this year.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm in there for The Beast to reclaim his throne in USF4. Daigo taking it all.

Also to see a new Top 8 in Marvel.

El Sloth

Banned
I'm not even sure why I get hype for Evo at this point since I don't even play anything... but then I realize I'm just being a sourpuss for no good reason. LET'S GO!!!

I'll be there. Come yell at me during the BBCP bracket or with the poverty anime game side tournaments in the BYOC area (where we can only afford to give away doujins and dakimakuras).
AnimEVO propagating lewd filth. I thought you were Pure, Kumubou.
I had no idea Nuki picked up Ultra.
He's probably mostly here for the SFII Tournament of Legends. Don't expect he'll get all that far in Ultra.

Kumubou

AnimEVO propagating lewd filth. I thought you were Pure, Kumubou.
Oh come on, how many anime FG players do you know are pure? Besides, why would you assume that they're all R-18 doujins? :x
Watch as the doujins that aren't are R-18G D:

casperOne

Q, I PM'ed you this, but in case your inbox is a hot mess...

Esteban from HBTB wants to interview you for his film, "FGC: Rise of the Fighting Game Community".

That said, PM me and let me know if you're down for it and I'll get it set up.

El Sloth

Banned
Seems like there are a lot people here who don't keep up with the fighting game threads, so I'll post these two for those that missed it:

Pre-EVO 2014 Roundtable Discussion: 6 Top Players, including Daigo, Tokido, Momochi, Bonchan, Itabashi Zangief and Kazunoko, talk about the future of Ultra Street Fighter 4's tournament scene.

It's a pretty entertaining read.

There's also this for those of you who just watch and don't play, but are interested in what's going on onscreen: How to play Street Fighter: a fighting game primer for everyone

Westlo

I don't think Daigo will make top 3

Depends on matchups... he's a lock for Top 8 again though.....

pasted from beast note....

Umehara's Road to Evo 2014 Champion
Evolution 2014's finalized brackets is out.

Daigo Umehara is in Pool E59 (USF4)
Winning 9 times straight will take him to top 8 (last day) in Winner bracket.
Possible opponent after the first pool: F.Champ, Alex Vale, Flash Metroid, RF
Possible opponent in the next stage: Ricky Ortiz, John Choi, Buktooth, Dogura, Banana Ken, Skisonic
Possible opponent in the next stage (just before top 8): Justin Wong, Smug, Chris G, Dakou, Bon-chan, MOV, Kokujin, Acqua, Mike Ross

Considering the state of Sagat... Dakou depending on the character he mains is probably his biggest hurdle to reaching Top 8 in winners.

Horseress

Depends on matchups... he's a lock for Top 8 again though.....

pasted from beast note....

Umehara's Road to Evo 2014 Champion
Evolution 2014's finalized brackets is out.

Daigo Umehara is in Pool E59 (USF4)
Winning 9 times straight will take him to top 8 (last day) in Winner bracket.
Possible opponent after the first pool: F.Champ, Alex Vale, Flash Metroid, RF
Possible opponent in the next stage: Ricky Ortiz, John Choi, Buktooth, Dogura, Banana Ken, Skisonic
Possible opponent in the next stage (just before top 8): Justin Wong, Smug, Chris G, Dakou, Bon-chan, MOV, Kokujin, Acqua, Mike Ross

Considering the state of Sagat... Dakou depending on the character he mains is probably his biggest hurdle to reaching Top 8 in winners.

god forbid it!

If Daigo is using Evil Ryu he won't make top 8.

He uses E. Ryu too much like his Ryu. If you're gonna use him like Ryu then use Ryu, because you're Ryu is better than you're Evil Ryu.

El Sloth

Banned
Oh come on, how many anime FG players do you know are pure? Besides, why would you assume that they're all R-18 doujins? :x
Watch as the doujins that aren't are R-18G D:
lol

Pops is still pure! Don't you bastards dare to corrupt his innocence!

BadWolf

If Daigo is using Evil Ryu he won't make top 8.

He uses E. Ryu too much like his Ryu. If you're gonna use him like Ryu then use Ryu, because you're Ryu is better than you're Evil Ryu.

I agree, that is definitely what it looked like.

Unless he was taking it easy so that people wouldn't study his footage or something then yeah, he hasn't looked dangerous with E. Ryu yet.

Still hoping he continues his streak of making it to Top 8 each year in SF4 though.

cHaotix8

Anyone have the Evo 2011 theme instrumental version?

The intro videos for those were so hype. It's one of the best things about being there in person on finals day.

Daigo's playstyle with E. Ryu revolves around playing safe and outplaying his opponent on the ground. I think he'll do well with E Ryu as he gets a huge reward for beating his opponent on the ground without relying on crazy mixups. I think he'll have trouble if he runs in to PR Rog or Dieminion though.

Q, I PM'ed you this, but in case your inbox is a hot mess...

Esteban from HBTB wants to interview you for his film, "FGC: Rise of the Fighting Game Community".

That said, PM me and let me know if you're down for it and I'll get it set up.

Casper, we gotta make sure to hang out at some point!

Also, yeah, we gotta get a big group picture for GAF

Also, are there gonna be any modders at Evo? Wouldn't mind getting my Evo stick dual modded if I could get the chance.

bigkrev

How late are finals for Marvel and SF4 actually going to start? There were super long delays last year IIRC, but that was probably due to KOF, which has now been taken off the last day. I need to know if i'm going to need to take half a day off from work on Monday to sleep in.

antibolo

Banned
Disappointed by the lack of streams for the BBCP pools but I guess a 3 hour quarter/semi finals block is still pretty good.

EDIT: No wait it's 6 hours. Ugh why am I even complaining, this is the best coverage for an Arc System Works game in a long time. Nevermind.

Yasawas

Can't wait for this but does it being split across those three channels mean I need to sub to srkevo AND capcomfighters to see archives of both? Fuck my timezone man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom