• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westlo

god forbid it!

Dat random el fuerte power!

hype. Daigo's Yun to take it all.

It's going to be hilarious when he takes an L to someone and goes to character select screen and every true Daigo/Ryu fanboy starts to get hype as fuck, and he picks Yun instead and proceeds to win the tournament for free until he meets Kazu or Xiao Hai in the finals and they just coin toss instead.

BadWolf

It's going to be hilarious when he takes an L to someone and goes to character select screen and every true Daigo/Ryu fanboy starts to get hype as fuck, and he picks Yun instead and proceeds to win the tournament for free until he meets Kazu or Xiao Hai in the finals and they just coin toss instead.

Seems Daigo is done with going back to the select screen after that one loss against Xian a couple of years back.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Things will be added to the OP once they are revealed by their respective companies as the week goes on.

Once again, Capcom Fighters is restreaming the PRO TOUR all week leading up to EVO.
http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters

My personal stream chat will be GAF poverty chat for those who can't handle the craziness of regular poverty chat.

ec0ec0

Poor daigo :( Evil ryus fierce shoryuken is a "weak" two hits shoryuken, unlike ryus... Now, daigo umeshoryu game is a lot weaker, because his oponents wont feel the pain of getting hit by that fierce one hit umeshoryu. Also, because of how a shoryuken is used, its likely to, sometimes, counterhit your oponent. So, now, daigo also loses ryus 200 damage counterhit umeshoryu...

i am worried

(but gamerbee is happy haha :p)

Sayad

To avoid being burned out on fighting games, I'm not watching any streams until Friday. :)
Any word on if anyone is going to stream KoF's pools/semi-finals?

Since I'm derp at PS and mspaint, would someone mind Evo'ing up my avatar? Thanks!

Kadey: Would you put LordKnight in for notable BB players?

I gave it a shot.

s0cKDZa.jpg

Asking again since I don't think anyone had an answer: Are there going to be modders at Evo? Want to try to get my Evo fightstick dual modded if possible.

Kumubou

are there creepy craigslist personals at Evo like at Anime Expo?
Evo is way too much of a sausagefest for that. Most anime cons actually have some semblance of gender balance (not like I would know anything about that... :x).

lol

Pops is still pure! Don't you bastards dare to corrupt his innocence!
When I was his age, I was already downloading stuff like Seasons of Sakura and Three Sisters Story. (And I'm probably dating myself there. :x) I would bet he has a download folder gigs deep with everything from Alicesoft to Lilith Soft.

Skilletor

Evo is way too much of a sausagefest for that. Most anime cons actually have some semblance of gender balance (not like I would know anything about that... :x).

When I was his age, I was already downloading stuff like Seasons of Sakura and Three Sisters Story. (And I'm probably dating myself there. :x) I would bet he has a download folder gigs deep with everything from Alicesoft to Lilith Soft.

We should meet up, Kumu. Be good to meet somebody from the wayback IRC days. :p Met Huy last year.

After this EVO, I'm dropping Capcom and kneeling to my anime overlords with P4A2 and Xrd.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Every time EVO pops up, I get excited and say, "I'm going to get into fighting games again!" But I never do...Mostly because I can't stand SF, MvC, or Tekken. I could play KoF, but I gather that it's super hard to get into. And as for Blazblue, same deal. Also KI means I'd need an X1 which will never happen.

Will still watch!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

I did the same LOL

Kumubou

We should meet up, Kumu. Be good to meet somebody from the wayback IRC days. :p Met Huy last year.

After this EVO, I'm dropping Capcom and kneeling to my anime overlords with P4A2 and Xrd.
I'm good for it -- I'm just going to be all over place, as I'm running stuff during the day and doing who knows what at night.

It's good to see people try out more games -- if only you could play a better anime fighting game.
/s, when's Xrd?

Ultimadrago

Three cheers for Black Lilith!

I don't know what any of this is and I want to google it, but I'm at work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watching Smug getting out-footsied and given no respect would not be fun. I feel like he would get bullied, not the other was around.
Yeah, I don't want to see him get his ass whooped.

I don't think Smug will even make Top 16. Would love to be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom