• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2017 The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year (Read OP, No Game Whining)

Dyle

Let's go Salem!

Why dont they do omega mode and allow more stages?
Omega stages have lots of different configurations and the FD layout without platforms severely handicaps many players.

This match is what pisses me off about Smash.

Characters like Bayonetta and Cloud are so much better than the majority of the cast, it's not even funny. Whenever I watch high level SFV play, no character really appears cheap.

Really? This top 8 had 8 different characters represented. Bayonetta's kind of boring because she relies on the same bread and butter combos for everything, but no charachter in Sm4sh is that dominant in 2017.

DrDogg

I'm enjoying Smash more than I thought I would (I generally prefer Melee), but this Animal Crossing music is starting to get a bit stale. Does Smash 4 just not have as many viable stages as Melee?

Probably just wanted to make sure SFV started on time since it's on ESPN. Same with Smash 4 being on Disney.

It's not poor scheduling, they just aren't taking any chances with the ESPN broadcast, same as last year.

SF5 is supposed to be on Disney as well though, right? What are they going to show on Disney for an hour between Smash and SF?

Puruzi

Banned
Been watching Smash for ages now and for me Bayo stays cool to watch. Also every character has things others don't and some characters have to be top tier. I'd rather watch Bayo than Sheik or Diddy.

most characters don't have two up b's with a side b recovery that can also be used, she doesn't go into special fall, she has a time stop counter, etc etc etc

it's shit, she's not well designed for smash

This top 8 for smash 4 has been pretty great. A good first sunday showing. Though I'm curious how people that don't play or watch smash normally feel about it.

tbh I heard last year there were cool weird characters doing well in top 8 like megaman and that a Mario won the whole thing. I was hoping for something more like that than Zero crushing everyone with Diddy, which is what was happening all the time in the game back when I was first paying attention

Dyle

I'm enjoying Smash more than I thought I would (I generally prefer Melee), but this Animal Crossing music is starting to get a bit stale. Does Smash 4 just not have as many viable stages as Melee?
It has the same number of legal stages, but two of them are Animal Crossing stages and are the most commonly selected. It's particularly bad here since they're only playing one track per stage due to the copyright nonsense.

Neoxon

Gather your energy for Salem.

giphy.gif
image%25255B6%25255D.png

This top 8 for smash 4 has been pretty great. A good first sunday showing. Though I'm curious how people that don't play or watch smash normally feel about it.

Like most Smash 4 tourneys I've watched, starts strong, then fizzles out when it's down to Zero vs everyone else. Maybe this is the year! (It won't be)

CronoShot

Worst part about Bayonetta is that witch twist comes out so fast, if you even touch her shield you're getting hit.

It's what makes her platform camping so effective.

Zyrox

most characters don't have two up b's with a side b recovery that can also be used, she doesn't go into special fall, she has a time stop counter, etc etc etc

it's shit, she's not well designed for smash

Yea most characters have their unique mechanics and are not clones of one another. I'd call that good design personally.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
I kind of wish they'd add one more color commentator for this next year if it's on TV again. D1 is the best and Vikki is great, but they together lack a little hype. I understand the need to cater to a wider audience though.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Yea most characters have their unique mechanics and are not clones of one another. I'd call that good design personally.
Her design is shit, no character should have a move that's specifically designed to kill characters off the top for free.

NotLiquid

Like it or not the only way to beat ZeRo is playing patiently, Bayonetta or not. He plays incredibly oppressively and Salem realizes this.

Top Bottom